Daily GK Update: 28 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MP CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan launches Jeevan Shakti Yojana
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan launched the Jeevan Shakti Yojana on 25th April.
- Benefit: Under this scheme, women in urban areas can earn by making masks at home. The government will pay them Rs 11 per mask.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦Jaishankar to participate in BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting on response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Union Minister of External Affairs S. Jaishankar joins his counterparts from Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa for a meeting on 28 April. The foreign ministers of BRICS member countries will hold an extraordinary video conference to discuss ways to jointly combat the coronavirus pandemic. The event will be chaired by Sergey Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister.
- The Ministerial video conference will be hosted by Russia, who is the current rotating head of the BRICS.
♦Punjab varsity launches unique COVID-19 website
- The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) has launched a “unique” COVID-19 information portal at CUPB City Campus, on which most of the “authentic information and sources are available for the references, research, and common understanding of the phenomenon.”
- Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
International (Current Affairs)
♦WHO launched COVID-19 Tools Act Accelerator
- World Health Organization (WHO) has partnered with Global Fund, UNTAID, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), etc. and launched the “Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator or the ACT Accelerator.”
- Benefit: The process will help “speed up and harmonize” the development, production, and equitable distribution of vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics for COVID-19.
Note: About WHO
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
♦US President Donald Trump Nominates Indian-American Manisha Singh as Unites States Envoy to OECD
- US President Donald Trump has nominated senior Indian-American diplomat Manisha Singh as America’s next envoy to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Manisha Singh is currently Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs at the State Department. Headquartered in Paris, France, the OECD is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
♦ADB approves USD 1.5 bn loan to India to fight COVID-19
- The Asian Development Bank on 28th April said it has approved USD 1.5 billion (about Rs 11,400 crore) loan to India to help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- The loan has been sanctioned with a view to support immediate priorities such as disease containment and prevention, as well as social protection for the poor and economically vulnerable sections.
Note: About ADB
- Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Membership: 68 countries
- Founded: 19 December 1966
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC acquires 6.43% stake in Reliance Capital
- Mortgage lender HDFC on 26th April said it has acquired 6.43 per cent stake in debt-trapped Reliance Capital by invoking pledged shares.
- These shares were acquired pursuant to invocation of pledge by security trustee on behalf of the corporation, which was pledged against a loan given by the lender in its normal course of business, HDFC Ltd said in a regulatory filing.
- Following this, the company acquired 27 crore shares of Rs 10 each, it said, adding that the total value of these shares are Rs 252 crore.
Note: About HDFC
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Deepak Shantilal Parekh
- Tagline– With You, Right Through
♦CRISIL pegs India’s FY21 economic growth rate at 1.8% from 3.5%
- Domestic rating agency CRISIL on 27th April cut its projections for India’s economic growth rate to 1.8 per cent, from 3.5 per cent it had earlier predicted for 2020-21.
- Its parent Standard & Poor’s has (S&P) forecast the world economy to contract 2.4 per cent, against its earlier estimates of 0.4 per cent growth. CRISIL had a gross domestic product (GDP) growth estimate of 6 per cent for 2020-21 (FY21), which was revised to 3.5 per cent in late March.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8
- IMF- 1.9%
♦Airtel signs $1-billion deal with Nokia to get 5G ready
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel has secured a multi-year contract worth $1 billion with Finnish network equipment maker Nokia to enhance its network capacity.
- The deal will see Nokia deploy 300,000 new radio units across the country by 2022, boosting network capacity and preparing the ground for the move to next-generation 5G.
♦Middle distance runner Khatun handed 4-year ban for dope flunk
- Middle distance runner Jhuma Khatun has been banned for four years by the Athletics Integrity Unit of the world governing body for testing positive for a banned substance — steroid — in a nearly two-year-old doping case which the NDTL (National Dope Testing Laboratory) had failed to detect.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) then decided to test the sample of Khatun at its Montreal Laboratory in Canada and it returned positive for dehydrochloromethyl testosterone. Khatun results from June 29, 2018 to November 21, 2018 will now be annulled.
♦28th April: World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is celebrated on April 28 and aims at promoting the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases at the workplace.
- Theme 2020: Stop The Pandemic
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 18 April- World Heritage Day
- 21 April- Civil Services Day
- 22 April- Earth Day
- 23 April- World Book and Copyright Day
♦Former Governor, Veteran Congress Leader Devanand Konwar Passes Away in Guwahati
- Devanand Konwar was governor of Bihar from July 24, 2009 to March 8, 2013 and of Tripura between March 25, 2013 and June 29, 2014. He had also served as governor (additional charge) of West Bengal from December 2009 to January 2010.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here