Daily GK Update 28 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦India’s first International Women Trade Centre to be set up in Kerala
- Kerala will set up India’s first international women’s trade centre (WTC), in consonance with the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs), at Angamaly.
- Aim: “This initiative aims to accelerate women entrepreneurship and secure gender parity while providing women with a safe place away from home to start new businesses, set up or expand, and get their products marketed globally.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
♦Delhi Government Launched ‘Healthy Body, Healthy Mind’ Fitness Campaign for Students Confined in Homes
- Delhi Government launched the Fitness Campaign – “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind”, for the students who are confined in their homes because of the lockdown imposed on Schools and colleges due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- As a part of the “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind” campaign, a YouTube channel has been started which uploads a video on every Wednesday.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Ericsson & UNICEF Partnered to Map School Internet Connectivity in 35 Countries
- Ericsson, Swedish Telecom Company, partnered with United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) to map internet connectivity landscape for schools in 35 countries by the end of 2023 to provide digital learning access to the children.
- This joint initiative is a part of the Giga initiative launched by UNICEF and International Telecommunication Union (ITU), in September 2019 to provide internet connection to every school and their surrounding communities.
- Ericsson is the first private sector partner to make a million-dollar invest to the Giga initiative and global UNICEF partner for School Connectivity Mapping.
Note: About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946
♦Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe resigns over health concerns
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on August 28 announced he is resigning from his post due to declining health.
- Speculation about the prime minister’s health had been swirling for weeks but reached fever pitch in recent days after he made two separate trips to hospital for unspecified medical checks. He has battled the chronic disease ulcerative colitis for years.
Note About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC Bank partners Adobe to enhance customer experience
- HDFC Bank has announced a strategic partnership with Adobe to help improve digital experience journey of its customers.
- The company claims that the partnership will enable HDFC Bank to deliver personalised digital experiences to existing as well as new customers, at anytime and anywhere.
♦Govt. keen to reduce stake in 4 public-sector banks
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has reportedly asked officials to reduce the government’s stake in four banks by March 2021. The four banks are Punjab & Sind Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, UCO Bank and IDBI Bank, according to reports.
- Earlier reports claimed that the government planned to reduce the number of public sector banks from 12 to four-five. READ DETAILS…………..
♦Marieke Lucas Rijneveld becomes youngest author to win International Booker Prize 2020
- A 29-year-old Dutch writer has become the youngest author to win the International Booker Prize 2020.
- International Booker Prize for the Literary fiction book ‘The Discomfort of Evening’,” a dark story about a devout farming family in a strict Christian community in the rural Netherlands.
- Under the rules of the prize, the 50,000-pound ($66,000) award will be split between the author and translator Michele Hutchison, giving both equal recognition.
♦Sudha Painuli Selected For National Award To Teachers 2020
- Ms. Sudha Painuli is the first NAT Awardee from the Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) established under Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- She is serving as the Vice Principal of EMRS-Kalsi, Dehradun, Uttarakhand since its establishment.
- She is among the 47 outstanding teachers selected for the National Award to Teachers 2020.
♦AIFC signs MoU with FCA for the development of Football in India & Australia
- Association of Indian Football Coaches (AIFC) and Football Coaches Australia(FCA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) to support the development of football in both India and Australia.
- Under this MoU AIFC and FCA will support each other to educate and equip the coaches and work together for the betterment of the coaches.
♦First marine ambulance ‘Pratheeksha’ launched in Kerala
- The Chief Minister of Kerala, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the first ever marine ambulance named ‘PRATHEEKSHA’ on 27 August 2020.
- Pratheeksha is first in the series of 3 fully equipped marine ambulance boat built by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), for the Department of Fisheries, Govt. of Kerala.
- The other two other boats namely ‘Prathyasha’ and ‘Karunya’ were also launched on the same day.
Book and Author
♦Army Chief releases book on National Security
- Indian Army Chief, General Manoj Mukund Naravane has released a book titled “National Security Challenges: Young Scholars’ Perspective” penned by university students, ranging from the undergraduate level to doctoral candidates.
- The book published by the Army think-tank Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS). It aims to develop strategic thinking among the youth of this country.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here