Daily GK Update, 28 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Dare to Dream 2.0: DRDO launches innovation contest in honour of Dr Abdul Kalam
- DRDO launches innovation contest Dare to Dream 2.0! The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on 27th July launched ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’, which is an innovation contest. The contest was launched on the fifth death anniversary of renowned scientist and former President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Aim: the innovation contest was launched to promote individuals as well as startups to use emerging technologies for innovation in aerospace and defence sectors in the country. The individual winner of the contest would be awarded with a prize money of Rs 5 lakh, while the winning startup would receive Rs 10 lakh as the award money.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Somalia’s Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Mohammed Gulaid appointment as the interim prime minister
- Somalia’s Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Mohammed Gulaid has announced his appointment as the interim prime minister following the vote of no confidence against the previous head of government, Hassan Ali Khaire.
- Earlier, the country’s parliament ousted Khaire by a vote of no confidence.
Note: About Somalia
- Capital: Mogadishu
- Currencies: United States Dollar, Somali shilling
♦India hands over 10 broad gauge locomotives to Bangladesh
- India provided 10 railway locomotives to Bangladesh on 27th July as grant assistance, with the leadership of the two sides committing themselves to more connectivity and infrastructure initiatives to boost trade and create new supply chains.
- The move was part of a sharpened focus on India’s “neighbourhood first” policy.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- PM: Sheikh Hasina
♦Tunisia interior minister Hichem Mechichi named new prime minister
- Tunisia’s Interior Minister Hichem Mechichi has been appointed to next prime minister.
- The 46-year-old lawyer succeeds Elyes Fakhfakh, who resigned as prime minister earlier this month.
Note: About Tunisia
- Capital: Tunis
- Currency: Tunisian dinar
Banking and Financial
♦Bank of Maharashtra joins hands with Uniken for Omni-channel security
- In a bid to secure its Internet banking channels as also mobile, card, call centres and ATMs, among others, against cyber fraud, the state-owned Bank of Maharashtra has joined hands with Uniken, a pioneer in the field of digital security in India. The bank will use Uniken’s REL-ID technology for Omni-channel security.
- The REL-ID technology by Uniken has been modelled for defence-in-depth functions that will help secure the bank’s mobile apps by protecting them against phishing, pharming and malware attacks.
Note: About BOM
- CEO: A. S. Rajeev
- Headquarters: Pune
- Tagline: One Family One Bank
♦IRCTC of Indian Railways and SBI Card launch Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform
- SBI Card and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) on 28th July launched the IRCTC SBI Card on RuPay platform.
- Designed to reward frequent railway travellers, the card offers travellers on Indian railways maximum savings proposition on their travel, together with superior benefits on retail, dining and entertainment, besides transaction fee waivers.
Book and Author
♦A new book “The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World” authored by External Affairs Minister Dr.S Jaishankar
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, on July 20, announced publication of his book ‘The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World’.
- Jaishankar writes in the book that India has had to struggle mightily to gain influence in a domain that could have come more easily earlier as its foreign policy carries “three major burdens” from its past — Partition, delayed economic reforms and prolonged exercise of the nuclear option.
♦28th July: World hepatitis day
- World Hepatitis Day is commemorated each year on 28 July to enhance awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes a range of health problems, including liver cancer.
- Theme 2020: “Hepatitis-free future:”
♦28th July: World Nature Conservation Day
- Celebrated on July 28 each year, the World Nature Conservation Day acknowledges that a healthy environment is the foundation for a stable and healthy society.
- To ensure the well-being of the present and future generations, we all must as responsible human beings participate in protecting and conserving our nature.
Revision July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- 2nd July: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- 7th July: World Chocolate Day
- July 11: World Population Day
- July 15: World Youth Skills Day
- July 17: World Day for International Justice
- July 18: International Nelson Mandela Day
- 23rd July: National Broadcasting Day
♦Two time Oscar winner and actress, Olivia de Havilland passed away
- Olivia de Havilland, the doe-eyed actress beloved to millions as the sainted Melanie Wilkes of “Gone With the Wind,” but also a two-time Oscar winner and an off-screen fighter who challenged and unchained Hollywood’s contract system, died on 26th July at her home in Paris. She was 104.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here