Daily GK Update 28-29th Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Union Environment Ministry Approves Construction of Rs 1,100 Crore Song Dam Drinking Water Project in Dehradun
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has approved the construction of the Song Dam Drinking Water Project worth Rs 1100 crore in Dehradun on 26th Nov.
- This scheme, will provide 24-hour drinking water to the city of Dehradun and will give a rebirth to River Rispana. It one of the most important projects of our government. Originally built on the Song River, the dam is about 148 meters high and aims to generate power up to six megawatts.”
♦Indian Railway launches digitised online HR Management System
- Indian Railway has launched a completely digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Railway Board Chairman and CEO Vinod Kumar Yadav launched the system for railway employees and pensioners through video conferencing on November 26, 2020.
- The HRMS system is a high thrust project for the Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity and employee satisfaction.
- The move is aimed at improving the efficiency and productivity of the Indian Railway system and a step towards realizing PM Narendra Modi’s vision of transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
♦Bengaluru’s Bowring Medical College named after Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- The Bowring and Lady Curzon Medical College and Research Institute in Bengaluru have been named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The institute was set up in 2018-19 on the campus of Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital in Shivajinagar in the heart of Bengaluru.
♦GoI launches India Climate Change Knowledge Portal
- The Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Shri Prakash Javadekar recently launched the “India Climate Change knowledge portal“. The portal will hold major information about the steps taken by the government at both National and international levels to address climate change issues.
- It will act as a single point information source providing information about different climate initiatives of the government. During the launching event, the Minister said that India has achieved its pre- 2020 climate action targets.
♦PM Narendra Modi chaired 33rd PRAGATI interaction
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the 33rd PRAGATI meeting. This is PM’s 33rd interaction through PRAGATI, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
- During the meeting, projects worth of Rs 1.41 lakh crores were reviewed. These projects were taken up by DPIIT, Ministry of Railways, Power Minister and Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways.
- About PRAGATI: PRAGATI is Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation. It aims to provide pro-active governance and timely implementation of projects. It was launched in 2015. It is a multi-modal and multi-purpose platform that aims to address the grievances of a common man. It also monitors and reviews projects of Government of India and also projects flagged by the State Governments.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Shanghai becomes the most connected city in the world: IATA
- The International Air Transport Association recently announced that Shanghai is the world’s most connected city in the world. Along with Shanghai, three other cities such as Beijing, Chengdu and Guangzhou have emerged as the most connected cities in the world.
- Earlier London was the most connected city in the world according to the International Air Transport Association.
Shanghai of China was at the top of the ranking with highest connectivity.
- Rank 1: Shanghai
- Rank 2: Beijing
- Rank 3: Guangzhou
- Rank 4: Chengdu
- Rank 5: Chicago
- Rank 8: London
♦India to build Shahtoot dam in Afghanistan
- The Union Minister of External Affairs Shri S Jaishankar recently announced at the Geneva Donors conference that India is to construct the Shahtoot Dam across the Maidan river, a tributary of river Kabul in Afghanistan. The negotiations to build the dam across the river began in 2016.
- In 2016, India had funded for the Salma dam across Hari river (Herat province) of Afghanistan. The dam is also called the Afghan-India Friendship Dam.
- About the dam: The Shahtoot dam is to be constructed in Kabul river basin, one of the five river basins of Afghanistan. The dam will provide irrigation, drinking water for the Kabul province of the country. The cost of the project has been estimated as 305 million USD.
Note: About Afghanistan
- Capital: Kabul
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Currency: Afghan afghani
♦India rise four spots to 104th in latest FIFA rankings
- The Indian national team have moved up a spot to 104 in the latest FIFA Rankings. The Indian team were ranked 108th in the October 2020 rankings.
- Belgium continues to lead the rankings followed by France, Brazil, England, Portugal and Spain.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
♦India-US extend MoU for Cooperation on Nuclear Energy
- India and the United States have extended the Indo-US Civil Nuclear Energy agreement for another ten years. The agreement is also called the 123 agreement. India buys the nuclear material from United States based on this agreement. The extension of the agreement was signed at the Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP).
- There are 22 nuclear power reactors in India. Currently, 3.22% of electricity in India is generated through nuclear power.
♦India-Vietnam Defence Ministers hold discussions
- The Defence Ministers of India and Vietnam recently discussed the collaboration in the defence industry. The discussions include training, capacity building and cooperation in United Nations Peace keeping operations. The countries reaffirmed the strong India-Vietnam Defence cooperation during the discussion.
- During the discussions, the countries reaffirmed their vision of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan to enhance self-reliance. India expressed its willingness to enhance the level of training of all the three services of Vietnam Defence Forces.
♦November 29-International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is annually observed on November 29. The day is also known as Solidarity Day.
- Established in 1977, it marks the day in 1947 when the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution partitioning Palestine into an Arab State and a Jewish State.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|