Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 28 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦6th India International Science Festival (IISF 2020) held in New Delhi
- The 6th India International Science Festival (IISF 2020) was held on-line from December 22 till 25.
- IISF 2020 was inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi and it provided the participants a virtual platform to showcase their work, skill and products and the festival also presented virtual tours, exhibitions and digital certification.
♦AP launches housing programme ‘Pedalandariki Illu’
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on 26TH Dec launched the flagship programme of Navaratnalu ‘Pedalandariki Illu,’ (housing for poor) at Komaragiri layout of Pithapuram Assembly constituency in East Godavari district.
- The government will take up the construction of 28.30 lakh houses at a total cost of ₹50,940 crore. In the first phase 15.60 lakh houses will be taken up at a cost of ₹28,000 crore and the work on the remaining 12.70 lakh house will commence from next year.
List of Scheme 2020- ANDHRA PRADESH
- YSR Aarogyasri scheme
- Amma Vodi scheme
- YSR Pension Kanuka
- Nadu-Nedu scheme
- YSR Kanti Velugu
- Jagananna Vasthi Deevena
- YSR Nirman
- Zero interest loan scheme
- Vidya Deevena Scheme
- YSR Matsyakara Bharosa
- YSR Rythu Bharosa
- Jagananna Chedodu scheme
- YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme
- YSR ‘Sampoorna Poshana’
♦PM Modi to inaugurate India’s First Driverless Train
- The first driverless train operations in India were initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 28, 2020. The train is operated on the Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line.
- The Magenta Line is to switch from ATP (Automatic Train Protection) and ATO (Automatic Train Operation) system to Driverless Train Operation mode. Under the driverless Train operation mode, the trains can be controlled from three command centres of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
♦PM Modi to inaugurate New Bhaupur-New Khurja section of eastern freight corridor
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the ‘New Bhaupur – New Khurja section’ of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) on December 29.
- The 351 km New Bhaupur – New Khurja section of EDFC is situated in Uttar Pradesh and is built at a cost of Rs 5,750 crores. The section will open new vistas of opportunity for the local industries such as aluminium industry (Pukhrayan region of Kanpur Dehat district), dairy sector (Auraiya district), textile production/block printing (Etawah district), glassware industry (Firozabad district), pottery products (Khurja of Bulandshahr district), asafoetida or ‘hing’ production (Hathras district) and locks and hardware (Aligarh district).
- The section will also decongest the existing Kanpur – Delhi main line and will enable Indian Railways to run faster trains.
♦ICC Awards Of The Decade 2020
- India captain Virat Kohli on 28th Dec headlined the ICC top honours for the decade, winning the Sir Garfield Sobers award for the best male cricketer of the past 10 years.
- Kohli was also picked for the ODI Cricketer of the Decade award. Former India skipper M S Dhoni won the ”ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade”.
- Australia”s Elysse Perry swept the women”s awards, securing the ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade honours alongside ODI and T20 Cricketers of the Decade award.
- The other nominees of the ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade were R Ashwin, Joe Root, Kumar Sangakkara, Steve Smith, Ab de Villiers and Kane Williamson.
- Virat Kohli (Sir Garfield Sobers Award for ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade).
- Virat Kohli (ICC Men”s ODI Cricketer of the Decade).
- Steve Smith (ICC Men”s Test Cricketer of the Decade).
- Rashid Khan (ICC Men”s T20I Cricketer of the Decade).
- Ellyse Perry (ICC Women”s T20I Cricketer of the Decade).
- Ellyse Perry (ICC Women”s ODI Cricketer of the Decade).
- Ellyse Perry (Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Female Cricketer of the Decade).
- Kyle Coetzer (ICC Men”s Associate Cricketer of the Decade)
- Kathryn Bryce (ICC Women”s Associate Cricketer of the Decade)
- MS Dhoni (ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade).
♦Digital India Awards, 2020: Bihar wins in Pandemic category
- The Chief Minister Secretariat of Bihar, National Informatics Centre and the Disaster Management Department have been jointly chosen as winners in “Pandemic Category” in Digital India Awards, 2020.
- Earlier the Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Department won the Digital India Award, 2020 under the “Excellence in Digital Governance” category. It was selected for its Points of Sale based food distribution, online billing and payment for food grains purchased from farmers, GPS tracking of vehicles transporting food grains.
♦Dhoni Captain of ICC T20I, ODI Team of the Decade; Kohli for Tests
- The ICC on 27th Dec announced the men’s and women’s teams for the T20Is, ODIs and Tests from the last decade.
- Former India captain MS Dhoni was named captain of the T20I and ODI Teams while current India captain Virat Kohli was picked to lead the Test side. The T20I side comprises four Indian players, three in the ODI side and two in the Test side.
♦Indian naval ship conducts ‘passage exercise’ with Vietnamese Navy
- Indian and Vietnamese Navy on 27th Dec concluded the two-day passage exercise in the South China Sea as part of efforts to boost maritime cooperation between the two countries.
- “Passage Exercise #PASSEX between #IndianNavy and #Vietnam People’s Navy on 27 Dec 20. Indian Navy Ship (INS) Kiltan reached NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City under Mission Sagar-III with 15 tonnes of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) stores for flood-affected people of Central Vietnam.
Note: Another Exercise
- ‘IN – VPN BILAT EX’– Indo-Vietnam (Navy)
Note: About Vietnam
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese dong
♦ISRO developing “Green Propulsion Technology”
- ISRO is developing “Green Propulsion Technology”. The technology is being developed for the Human Space Flight Mission of India, Gaganyaan, that is to be launched in December 2021.
- About: Propulsion means push forward or drive an object forward. In rockets and airplanes, the propulsion is generated through the application of Newton’s third law, “for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction”. A working fluid or a gas accelerates the engine.
Note: About ISRO
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|