Daily GK Update 29 & 30 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways to meet energy needs of 33 bn units by 2030
- Indian Railways organised a discussion over a wide range of topics with the stakeholders, chaired by Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, Union Minister of Railways, to become 100% self-sustainable for all its energy needs and to contribute to the National Solar Mission of India.
- Indian Railways is set to meet its energy consumption which will be over 33 billion units by 2030. Shareholder Companies like Adani, ACME, NTPC, Renew Power, Hero Future Energies, Greenko Group, Azure Power, Tata Power, Avaada, SPRNG Energy, Vikram Solar participated in the meeting.
- According to the Railway Ministry, the developers expressed support to the national transporter on the path of going green and achieving the target of net-zero carbon emissions by the year 2030.
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
- Achieve zero road accident fatalities: 2030
♦51st IFFI to be held in Goa from Nov 20
- Fifty first International Film Festival of India IFFI will be held in Goa, from November 20th to 28th.
- This film festival being a hybrid film festival due to Covid 19, would screen films on official digital platform along with the theatrical screenings.
Note: About GOA
- Capital: Panaji.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant.
Banking and Financial
♦Reliance Retail acquires Future Group’s retail business for ₹24,713 crore
- Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL), a subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), has acquired Future Group’s retail and wholesale business, and logistics and warehousing business for ₹24,713 crore.
- The acquisition is being done as a part of the scheme in which Future Group is merging certain companies carrying on the aforesaid businesses into Future Enterprises Limited (FEL).
♦Banks Board Bureau Recommends Dinesh Kumar Khara As Next SBI Chairman
- The Banks Board Bureau on 28th August recommended Dinesh Kumar Khara as the next chairman of State Bank of India (SBI), the country’s largest lender.
- The bank is currently headed by Rajnish Kumar, whose tenure is slated to end on 7 October, this year. As per convention, the SBI chairman is appointed from a pool of serving managing directors at the bank.
♦Dwayne Bravo becomes first bowler to scalp 500 wickets in T20 Cricket
- West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo on 27th August became the first bowler to reach the mark of 500 wickets in T20 cricket.
- The pacer achieved the feat in the ongoing Caribbean Premier League (CPL) match between Trinbago Knight Riders and St Lucia Zouks.
♦India, Russia announced joint winners of Chess Olympiad after controversial finish
- India were named joint gold medal winners of the Chess Olympiad after a dramatic and controversial finish to the final against Russia on 30th August.
- This was the first time FIDE, the international chess federation, was holding the Olympiad in an online format.
♦14th India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue
- On August 28, 2020, the India-Singapore Defence Policy Dialogue was held in video conference. The countries agreed to discuss number of issues of bilateral defence engagements. They agreed to enhance the security partnership.
- The HADR agreement was signed between the countries during the dialogue. HADR is Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief.
Note: About Singapore
- Currency: Singapore dollar
- Capital: Singapore city
♦29th August: National Sports Day
- National Sports Day is celebrated on August 29 to commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Dhyan Chand Singh. National Sports Day is also observed to spread awareness on the importance of sports.
- Known as ‘Hockey Wizard’ and ‘The Magician’ for his outstanding skills and understanding of the game, Dhyan Singh helped Indian team win gold medals consecutively in three Olympics – 1928, 1932 and 1936 Summer Olympics.
Revision: August Important Day
- 6 August- Hiroshima Day
- 8 August- Quit India Movement Day
- 9 August- Nagasaki Day
- 9th August: World Tribal Day
- 12 August- International Youth Day
- 15 August- Independence Day in India
- 19 August- World Photography Day
- 19 August- World Humanitarian Day
- 20 August- World Mosquito Day
- 20 August- Sadbhavna Diwas
- 26 August- Women’s Equality Day
♦29th August: International Day against Nuclear Tests
- The International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed globally on 29th August since 2010.
- The day aims to increase awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions or any other nuclear explosions and the need for their cessation as one of the means of achieving the goal of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
♦30th August: National Small Industry Day
- Small Industry Day is celebrated every year on 30 August. This day is celebrated with the aim of promoting Small Industry and providing employment opportunities to the unemployed.
- A small industry has an important role in economic development in a developing country like India.
♦Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer
- Chadwick Boseman, who played Black American icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown with searing intensity before inspiring audiences worldwide as the regal Black Panther in Marvel’s blockbuster movie franchise, died Friday of cancer. He was 43.
♦Veteran Assamese Folk Singer Archana Mahanta Passed Away
- Veteran Assamese folk singer Archana Mahanta passed away at the age of 72 in Health City hospital, Guwahati, Assam following a brain stroke. She was also a reputed artist of All India Radio (Guwahati).
- She is the wife of late Khagen Mahanta( known as ‘Bihu King’) and mother of Angaraag ‘Papon’ Mahanta, popular Indian singer and founder of the folk-fusion band Papon and The East India Company.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here