Daily GK Update 29th, 30th March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 29th , 30th March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
EAM S. Jaishankar to attend 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar reached Dushanbe on a three day visit to Tajikistan. He will attend the 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process on Afghanistan on March 30, 2021.
- Jaishankar visited the Dushanbe-Chortut Highway Project site and reviewed the work being done by Border Roads Organisation (BRO) under Indian grant assistance.
- The 8-lane highway will decongest Dushanbe. Jaishankar made a stopover in Tehran where met his Iranian counterpart Javad Zarif and discussed bilateral cooperation, including on the strategic Chabahar Port.
International (Current Affairs)
Suez Canal reopens after the giant stranded ship is freed
- The giant container ship “Ever Given” that blocked traffic in the Suez Canal for the last week resumed its journey, after being successfully refloated. The efforts to float the delinquent Panamanian container ship Ever Given are successful.
- The 1,400-foot-long cargo ship jammed diagonally across a southern section of the Suez Canal, leaving a total of 367 ships, including dozens of container ships and bulk carriers, unable to use the key trading route.
India and Bangladesh summit: 5 MoUs; 7 development projects inaugurated
- India and Bangladesh on 27th March signed five MoUs to enhance cooperation in disaster management, trade, IT and sports among other sectors.
- The two leaders also inaugurated virtually seven development projects.
The MoUs are:
- MoU on disaster management, resilience and mitigation;
- MoU between Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC) and National Cadet Corps of India (INCC);
- MoU on the Establishment of a Framework of Cooperation in the Area of Trade Remedial Measures between Bangladesh and India;
- MoU on Supply of ICT equipment, courseware and reference books and training for Bangladesh-Bharot Digital Service & Employment and Training (BDSET) Center; and
- MoU on Establishment of Sports facilities at Rajshahi College field and surrounding areas.
The projects inaugurated by Hasina and Modi include extended development work of Rabindra Bhawan Kuthibari at Shilaidaha in Kushtia and three border haats.
They also jointly laid the foundations stones for infrastructure development for power evacuation facilities of Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant being built in collaboration with Russia.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- PM: Sheikh Hasina
Banking & Financial
Union Bank of India launched “UNI – CARBON CARD”
- Union Bank of India launched “UNI – CARBON CARD”, an HPCL co-branded credit card on the Rupay platform of NPCI on March 26, 2021.
- “It is a unique card designed with association one of the largest Public Sector Bank, Union Bank of India and HPCL, a leader is fuel retail and Rupay – India’s largest card payment network. It will create an opportunity to create value for the customers.”
- Benefit: The Bank is having a total network of 9590+ branches and 13280+ ATMs across India, this co-branded credit card is a Bank’s maiden joint venture. While using this card at HPCL retail outlets, the cardholder gets Cashback/Rewards in addition to the waiver of fuel surcharge provided by the Bank. Cardholders will be able to enjoy many freebies and offer brought out by NPCI such as Entertainment, Lifestyle, Travel, Shopping, Food delivery, etc.,
- The card is offered to salaried and others. The card limit offered is 20% of gross Annual income with minimum of Rs 50,000/- with no upper limit.
Note: About Union Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajkiran Rai G.
- Founded: 11 November 1919
- Tagline: Good People to Bank with
Mahinder Giri won International Ranger Award
- Mahinder Giri range officer of Rajaji Tiger Reserve for being the only ranger from Asia to win the prestigious International Ranger Award for his contribution towards conservation.
- The award has been announced for 10 professionals across the world by the International Union for Conservation of Nature IUCN and World Commission on Protected Areas WCPA.
- Developed through a collaboration between the IUCN WCPA, the International Ranger Federation, Global Wildlife Conservation, and Conservation Allies, these awards, created in 2020, aim to highlight and felicitate the extraordinary work that rangers do in protected and conserved areas worldwide.
Dhanalakshmi beats Dutee Chand to win Federation Cup gold
- The 100m race at the Federation Cup in Patiala was billed as a clash between the two titans of Indian athletics – Hima Das and Dutee Chand.
- While Das is a former World junior medalist in the 400m event, Dutee is the current national record holder and a double silver medalist in the 2018 Asian Games. However, the final standings surprised everyone, as Tamil Nadu’s Dhanalakshmi S stumped her more illustrious opponents to win the gold medal at the Federation Cup 100m race.
Two-day Indo-US naval exercise PASSEX in Bay of Bengal
- India and the US began a two-day naval exercise in the eastern Indian Ocean Region on 29th and 30th March. The Indian and US navies were part of joint drills in a passage exercise (PASSEX) conducted earlier in the day, with Indian Air Force fighters being part of such an exercise for the first time.
- PASSEXs are conducted regularly by Indian Navy with units of friendly foreign navies, whilst visiting each other’s ports or during a rendezvous at sea.
Note: List of Exercise between US –India
- Red Flag-India and US
- “Tiger Triumph”-India and US
- Yudh Abhyas-India and US
1971 Battle of Basantar hero, Lt Gen Pinto (retd) dies at 97
- Lieutenant General WAG Pinto (Retd) , a military hero who led an infantry division to a legendary victory in the 1971 India-Pakistan War has passed away in Pune at the age of 97. He led the 54 Infantry Division in the Battle of Basantar in the war that gave birth to Bangladesh, leading his troops from the front with the motto he coined “bash on regardless”.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|