Daily GK Update: 29 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦AP launched ‘Covid Pharma’, a mobile application to trace people buying medicines for fever, cold
- The Medical and Health Department of Andhra Pradesh on 25th April launched ‘Covid Pharma’, a mobile application to keep a track of people purchasing medicines over-the-counter (OTC) for cough, cold and fever from medical stores across the state.
- Using the App, the respective pharmacies will have to take down details of persons, including their mobile number, making OTC purchase of medicines for such common ailments and report to the government.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
International (Current Affairs)
♦WHO map shows parts of Ladakh as Chinese territory
- The World Health Organisation (WHO), which is facing accusation of delaying declaring Covid-19 a pandemic allegedly at Beijing’s behest, seems to have floundered on the depiction of China’s map on its website. READ MORE………..
Banking and Financial
♦Axis Bank to buy 29% stake in Max Life for Rs 1,592 crore
- Private sector lender Axis Bank on 28th April formally joined peers to have a life insurance joint venture by announcing to raise its stake in Max Life Insurance, the fourth largest player in the life cover space, to 29 per cent for Rs 1,592 crore.
- The deal, which comes during bleak economic times as the country grapples with the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, was struck due to the opportunity in the life insurance space and also the price at which it could be sealed, Axis Bank’s managing director and chief executive Amitabh Chaudhry said.
♦UBS pegs FY21 India growth at -0.4%
- UBS expecting real GDP to contract to -0.4 per cent in financial year 2020-21 (FY21). The global research and brokerage house has been trimming its expectations gradually and had earlier forecast a growth of 2.5 per cent.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8
- IMF- 1.9%
♦Moody’s slashes India’s growth estimate to 0.2% for 2020 from 2.5%
- Moody’s Investors Service on 28th April slashed India growth forecast for calendar year 2020 to 0.2 per cent, from 2.5 per cent projected in March. For 2021, the rating agency expects India’s growth to rebound to 6.2 per cent.
- The rating agency had cut its projections from 5.2 per cent to 2.5 per cent after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a nationwide lockdown on March 24.
- India lost the tag of the fastest-growing major economy to China in 2019, when it grew 5.3 per cent, against China’s 6.1 per cent.
♦APEC economy to reduce by 2.7 percent in 2020 due to COVID-19
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Secretariat stated that the APEC region is expected to post a 2.7% economic decline in 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19. It also stated that this decline will be the most significant fall since the near-zero growth rate logged in 2009.
- The report recorded a 3.6% economic growth in the APEC region.
- The unemployment rate in the region has been projected to rise to 5.4% in 2020 from 3.8% in 2019, which means an additional 23.5 million workers being unemployed in 2020.
- An economic rebound is a forecast for the year 2021, with the anticipated growth of 6.3%, higher than the projected global economic growth of 5.8%.
♦Shiv Das Meena appointed as Chairman & Managing Director of HUDCO
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs’ (MoHUA) Additional Secretary Shiv Das Meena (IAS) has been appointed as Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of Housing and Urban Development Corporation Limited (HUDCO), a Miniratna PSU under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- According to an order from the MoHUA, Meena has been given additional charge of the post for a period of six months with immediate effect from the date of issue of the order i.e. April 21, or till the appointment of a regular incumbent to the post, or until further orders, whichever is the earlier. The information has been shared by the HUDCO.
♦Justice Dipankar Datta sworn in as Chief Justice of Bombay HC
- Justice Dipankar Datta, a senior judge of the Calcutta High Court, was on 28th April sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of Bombay High Court. The oath of office was administered to Justice Dutta by Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari at a brief swearing-in ceremony held at Raj Bhavan.
Note: About List of CJ Of HC
- Madhya Pradesh High Court-Chief Justice AK Mittal
- Patna High Court-Chief Justice Sanjay Karol
- Chief Justices Himachal Pradesh High Court– Lingappa Narayana Swamy
- Chief Justices Punjab and Haryana High Court-Ravi Shanker Jha
- Chief Justices Rajasthan High Court-Indrajit Mohant
♦Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar appointed PESB chairman
- Former Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar was on 29th April appointed Chairman of Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) for a period of three years.
- Rajiv Kumar 1984 batch Jharkhand cadre IAS official, was in July 2019 designated as the Finance Secretary and retired in February this year. He will succeed the incumbent Kapil Dev Tripathi, a 1980 batch retired Assam-Meghalaya cadre IAS official.
♦India loses hosting rights of 2021 Men’s World Boxing Championship
- India has lost the hosting rights of the 2021 Men’s World Boxing Championship after the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) failed to pay the host fee to International Boxing Association (AIBA).
- The hosting rights of men’s world boxing championship have now been given to Serbia. BFI acknowledged the cancellation and the delay in the payment but blamed it on the procedural complications of AIBA.
- The amount to the international boxing association was estimated to be USD 4 million and the payment was to be made by the host country on December 2, 2019. India will also have to pay the cancellation fee penalty of USD 500.
♦International Dance Day is celebrated on 29 April
- International Dance Day is celebrated on 29 April. The day is observed to appreciate the art form. It encourages participation and education in dance. The day is celebrated with people from all over the world contributing to dance.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is imperative that people stay at homes and celebrate International Dance Day from their homes.
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 18 April- World Heritage Day
- 21 April- Civil Services Day
- 22 April- Earth Day
- 23 April- World Book and Copyright Day
♦Actor Irrfan Khan passes away
- In extremely sad news, Irrfan Khan passed away at the age of 54. The actor was admitted to Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai after suffering from colon infection.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here