Daily GK Update: 29 Feb & 1 March February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Punjab to Reduce Govt Employees Retirement Age to 58 Years
- The retirement age of Punjab government employees will be reduced to 58 years from 60 years currently, a move intended to offer more employment opportunities to young people. The announcement in this regard was made by state Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal while presenting a Rs 1.54 lakh crore budget for 2020-21 on 28th February.
Note: About Punjab
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Population: 2.8 crores (2012)
♦PM Modi lays foundation stone of Bundelkhand Expressway
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for the 296-kilometres long Bundelkhand Expressway in UP’s Chitrakoot. The new Bundelkhand Expressway project will be a next-generation infrastructure boost for the state of Uttar Pradesh. The four-lane expressway is likely to be expandable to six-lane in the coming years.
- To be built at a cost of Rs 14,849 crore, the expressway will pass through Chitrakoot, Banda, Hamirpur and Jalaun districts.
♦Centre for Policy Research (CPR) to organise conclave ‘CPR Dialogues 2020: Policy Perspectives for 21st Century India’ in New Delhi on March 2-3
- Hosted and organised by the Centre for Policy Research, CPR Dialogues is an annual public forum where leading policy practitioners, academics, and thought leaders address the most critical policy issues of our times. The second editionof CPR Dialogues will be held on March 2nd & 3rd 2020 at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- As India navigates its way through the 21st century, it confronts the challenge of creating a cutting edge policy environment.
Note: About List of Summit
- National Water Conference– Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal
- Global meet on climate change, ocean health– Kerala
- National Horticulture Fair 2020– Bengaluru
- Bio Asia 2020– Hyderabad
- 2020 Global Investors Summit– J&K
International (Current Affairs)
♦Muhyiddin Yassin appointed new PM of Malaysia
- Muhyiddin Yassin, a former deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, has been appointed as the country’s new Prime Minister by Malaysia’s King Sultan Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah.
- This follows a week of political stalemate in Malaysia after Mahathir Mohamad resigned earlier this week as Malaysia’s Prime Minister.
Note: About Malaysia
- Prime minister: Muhyiddin Yassin
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit
♦‘Forest Man Of India’ Jadav Payeng Conferred With ‘Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi Award’
- Forest Man of India, Assam’s Jadav Payeng will be conferred with the prestigious Swami Vivekananda Karmayogi Award.
- Jadav Payeng will be awarded for his consistent efforts in creating a real man-made forest through massive reforestation. The award will be given to him on February 29 in New Delhi.
- The award is composed of a trophy, a recitation, and reward of Rs 1 lakh.
♦Defence Minister inaugurates new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at HAL Complex in Bengaluru
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat Helicopter Production Hangar at Helicopter Division in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Complex at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Last five years, India has made significant progress towards manufacturing military equipment indigenously under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
♦29th February: Rare Disease Day
- Rare Disease Day takes place on the last day of February each year. The main objective of Rare Disease Day is to raise awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about rare diseases and their impact on patients’ lives.
- The first Rare Disease Day was celebrated in 2008 on 29 February, a ‘rare’ date that happens only once every four years. Ever since then, Rare Disease Day has taken place on the last day of February, a month known for having a ‘rare’ number of days.
Note: List of Important Day (February)
- 2nd February-World Wetlands Day
- 4th February-World Cancer Day
- 6 February – International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- 10th February– World Pulses Day
- 11th February– International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 13th February – “World Radio Day”
♦1st March : World Defence Day
- World Defence Day is celebrated on 1 March 2020. The day is observed to raise awareness of public protection from natural and technogenic disasters and rescue service work.
- World Civil Defense Day was instituted by the International Civil Defense Organization (ICDO) General Assembly in 1990. It commemorates the day when the ICDO Constitution came into force as an intergovernmental organization in 1972.
♦1st March : Zero Discrimination Day 2020
- Zero Discrimination Day, which is observed on March 1 every year, is celebrated to end discrimination against girls and women and for equal rights, opportunities and treatment. The day also aims to protect women’s rights, remove discriminatory laws to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and ensure equity and equality for all.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here