Daily GK Update 29th Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s launched “Vaccine Maitri”
- India to gift COVID-19 vaccines to neighbouring countries. Recently, Sri Lanka and Bahrain have received the COVID-19 vaccines from India under the initiative. The Vaccine Maitri initiative was launched by India on January 20 to gift COVID-19 vaccines to neighbouring countries.
- Under Scheme India Airlifted COVID vaccines to 10 countries, will gradually supply to WHO’s COVAX facility.
The 7 countries are-
- Maldives (100,000 vaccines)
- Bhutan (150,000 vaccines)
- Nepal (1 million vaccines)
- Bangladesh (2 million vaccines)
- Myanmar (1.5 million vaccines)
- Mauritius (100,000 vaccines)
- Seychelles (50,000 vaccines).
Commercial supplies of Covishield
- Morocco (2 million doses)
- Brazil (2 million doses)
- Bangladesh (5 million doses).
International (Current Affairs)
♦Corruption Perception Index 2020: India Slips to 86th; New Zealand & Denmark On Top
- India slipped six places to 86th among 180 countries in the corruption perception index (CPI) list in 2020.
- Transparency International, which released the list for 2020 on 28th Jan, ranks countries as per public sector corruption as perceived by experts and business people. “India was ranked 80th out of 180 countries in 2019. The CPI score for India is same as the previous year.
- Rank 1: New Zealand
- Rank 2: Denmark
- Rank 3: Finland
- Rank 4: Singapore
- Rank 24: Bhutan
- Rank 25: US
- Rank 94: Sri lanka
- Rank 117: Nepal
- Rank 129th: Russia
- Rank 146: Bangladesh
- Rank 179:Somalia
- Rank 180: South Sudan
♦NZ and Vietnam top COVID-19 “performance index”, India’s Rank 86
- New Zealand and Vietnam were ranked the best performing countries in their response to the pandemic according to a COVID-19 “performance index” put together by the Lowy Institute, an Australian think-tank, which sought to assess the impact of geography, political systems and economic development in assessing outcomes.
- India ranked 86 out of 98 countries.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
- Human Development Index 2020: 131st
- Human Freedom Index 2020: 111th
Banking and Financial
♦Bharti AXA General Insurance launches ‘Krishi Sakha’ App for farmers
- Bharti AXA General Insurance has launched its new app ‘Krishi Sakha’ to cater to the specific needs of the farmers in the country and guide them in adopting best farming practices and enhancing productivity.
- Bharti AXA ‘Krishi Sakha’ aims at helping Indian farmers make informed decisions through customized information related to their farming requirements. It shares relevant information about the scientific way of farming, crop cultivation, sowing, or harvesting of a major crops.
Note: About Bharti AXA
- Established: 2008.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD and CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan.
- Tagline: Suraksha ka Naya Nazariya.
♦Ram Temple tableau of Uttar Pradesh on Republic Day wins 1st prize
- The Ram Temple tableau of Uttar Pradesh that was on display during the Republic Day 2021 has bagged the first prize among all tableaux. The theme of Uttar Pradesh’s tableau was ‘Ayodhya: Cultural Heritage of Uttar Pradesh’.
- The Tripura tableau won the second prize for the Republic Day parade. Uttarakhand’s tableau on the theme ‘Dev Bhoomi — The Land of the Gods’ was adjudged third among the states and union territories.
- The tableau of Central Public Works Department (CPWD), with the theme ‘Amar Jawan’, bagged a special prize for paying tribute to the fallen heroes of the armed forces.
♦Lt- General CP Mohanty to be the new vice-chief of Army Staff
- Lieutenant General Chandi Prasad Mohanty on February 1, 2021, will take over as the next vice-chief of Army Staff. Currently, he is the Southern Army Commander and will be succeeding Lt General SK Saini.
- Lt General CP Mohanty is an alumnus of Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun, and National Defence Academy. He is a June 1982 batch Infantry Officer from the Rajput Regiment.
Note: About Indian Defence head
- Chiefs of Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Air Staff: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of Navy Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh
♦Swaminathan Janakiraman and Aswini Kumar Tewari appointed as MDs of SBI
- The appointments committee (ACC) of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari as new Managing Directors (MDs) of State Bank of India (SBI) for a period of three years.
- The other two MDs of the bank are C.S. Setty and Ashwani Bhatia. The two posts were vacant since October 2020.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara (For 3yrs)
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
♦Oscar-winning actress Cloris Leachman passes away at 94
- Cloris Leachman, an American actress whose career spanned more than seven decades, died on January 27, 2021 at the age of 94.
- She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in ‘The Last Picture Show’ in 1971.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|