Daily GK Update, 29 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Centre to convert ravines of Chambal region into arable land with World Bank support
- The Centre, in collaboration with the World Bank, has decided to convert large area of ravines in Gwalior-Chambal belt of Madhya Pradesh into arable land, and a preliminary report for the same will be prepared in a month, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar said on 27th June. After preparation of the initial report, subsequent meetings will be held with the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh for further course of action.
- Aims: “More than 3 lakh hectares of rugged land is not cultivable and if this area is improved, then this will help in the integrated development of the Bihad area in Gwalior-Chambal region.
♦At 2,367, India has 70% of global tiger population
- India’s tiger population now stands at 2,967 which is 70 percent of the global tiger population, according to a detailed report of Tiger Census on the eve of Global Tiger Day, released by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change here on 29th July.
- India has doubled its tiger population ahead of the target year of 2022.
♦GAIL and CCSL sign MoU for partnership in Compressed Biogas projects in India
- GAIL (India) and Carbon Clean Solutions (CCSL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for exploring project development opportunities in Compressed Biogas (CBG) value chain in India.
- The MoU aims at building a closer strategic partnership between the two companies by jointly working on CBG projects. GAIL and CCSL will explore various issues in the CBG value chain, such as inter alia feedstock arrangements, suitable technology for the most efficient and high efficiency CBG production, gas off-take arrangements, exploration of various funding models, transportation, marketing and distribution of CBG.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India to set up solar power park in Sri Lanka
- India plans to build a solar power park in Sri Lanka as part of a strategy to project its presence in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) amid Chinese attempts to lure nations into its ‘Belt and Road’ initiative.
- Leveraging its solar expertize, India’s largest power generation utility NTPC Ltd plans to set up this project in the island nation under the aegis of International Solar Alliance (ISA).
Note: About Sri lanka
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- PM: Mahinda Rajapaksa
♦China Halts Hong Kong Extradition Treaties With Canada, Australia, UK
- China announced the suspension on 29th July of Hong Kong’s extradition treaties with Canada, Australia and Britain in a tit-for-tat move following similar decisions by those countries over a controversial new security law.
- Western nations have angered Beijing over their responses to the law imposed on Hong Kong which they see as an erosion of the civil liberties and human rights the city has enjoyed since its handover from Britain in 1997.
Banking and Financial
♦Bharti AXA launches ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ campaign for crop insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises, one of India’s leading business groups, and AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance companies, has launched its crop insurance campaign – ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ – for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka to encourage them about their crop protection and financial security.
- The company has secured the mandate to insure the farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka for a period of three years under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), which provides them protection for the losses occurring owing to uncertainty and unfavourable weather vagaries resulting in yield deprivation on the field.
Note: About Bharti AXA
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2008
♦SBI providing USD 16 million liquidity support for local businesses in Maldives
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic which has affected economies across the world, while the smaller nations facing the brunt of the pandemic even more, the State Bank of India (SBI) in order to assist one such friendly nation, the Maldives, is providing liquidity support of USD 16.20 million for local businesses and deferred loan repayment for over 200 retail accounts, the Indian High Commission in the Maldives said on 28th July.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
♦Tata AIA names Naveen Tahilyani as CEO and MD
- Tata AIA names Naveen Tahilyani as CEO and MD. Insurance brand Tata AIG has appointed Naveen Tahilyani as its new Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.
- The decision was announced by the board and it awaits regulatory approval from IRDAI.
Note: About Tata AIA
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2000
♦Former Coal India chief Shri Anil Kumar Jha to head key green panel
- The government has appointed former chairman of Coal India, Anil Kumar Jha, as the chairman of a key panel that deals with violation of environment rules.
- Anil kumar Jha will head an Expert Appraisal Committee formed by the environment ministry. The panel appraises projects that are commissioned without obtaining prior environmental clearance and have been termed as cases of violation. The panel was earlier constituted in June 2017 for three years. Its tenure has now been extended till June 2021.
- Aims: The role of the panel comprising members with expertise in different sectors is to appraise and make recommendations to the centre with respect to cases of environment rules violation.
♦Jamie Vardy wins Premier League’s Golden Boot award
- Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy bagged the Premier Leagues Golden Boot award after netting 23 goals across the 2019/20 season.
- Vardy beat Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (22), Southamptons Danny Ings (22) and Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling (20) to scoop the prestigious individual award.
♦Bangladeshi pacer Kazi Anik Islam gets 2-year ban for doping
- Bangladeshi pacer, Kazi Anik Islam has been handed a 2-year ban by the national cricket board for failing a dope test in 2018.
- Kazi, who was Bangladesh’s leading wicket-taker in the 2018 U-19 World Cup, tested positive for Methamphetamine, a prohibited substance, during a National Cricket League game in the same year.
Recently Ban player
- Discus thrower Sandeep Kumari banned for four years
- Middle distance runner Jhuma Khatun handed 4-year ban for dope flunk
- ICC bans Deepak Agarwal from all cricket for 2 years
- NADA Suspends Powerlifters Savita Kumari and Ankit Shishodia
- India’s 800m runner Gomathi handed four-year ban for doping
♦Stuart Broad becomes only the seventh bowler EVER to take 500 Test wickets
- England fast bowler Stuart Broad took his 500th Test wicket on 28th July when he trapped West Indies batsman Kraigg Brathwaite leg before wicket on the last day of the third and final Test at Old Trafford.
- Broad become the seventh bowler – and second Englishman after team mate James Anderson – to attain the milestone, reaching it in his 140th Test.
List of 6 Bowlers
- Muttiah Muralitharan (SL)- 800
- Shane Warne (Aus)- (708)
- Anil Kumble (Ind) -(619)
- James Anderson (Eng)-(600)
- Glenn McGrath (Aus)-(563)
- Courtney Walsh (WI)-(519).
♦29th July: International Tiger Day 2020
- International Tiger Day is held on July 29 every year. It was launched in 2010 after the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit. The Summit was held to raise awareness about the sharp decline in the number of wild tigers, leaving them on the brink of extinction.
- Tigers are considered as an ‘Umbrella Species’ as their conservation saves many other animal species. India has doubled its tiger population ahead of the target year of 2022.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here