Daily GK Update, 29 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
Madhya Pradesh to launch ‘Kill Corona campaign’ from July 1 to screen entire population
- Madhya Pradesh government will launch a ‘Kill Corona campaign’ from July 1 to screen entire population of the state in a fortnight. This was decided at a meeting chaired by chief minister Shviraj Singh Chouhan.
- “The campaign will start from Bhopal. In this important campaign of controlling virus and to generate health awareness, the government and society will work together in all districts of the state. Kill Corona campaign will cover each family. Teams are being formed in this regard.
Recently MP Govt launched Scheme
- Didi Vehicle
- Charan Paduka
- ‘FIR Aapke Dwar’
- Jeevan Shakti Yojana
- Thanks Mom
♦Delhi Government to set up ‘Plasma Bank’ at ILBS, the First Plasma Bank in India
- Delhi government on 29th June announced setting up of a plasma bank for the treatment of covid-19 patients. Delhi was one of the first states to have given a go-ahead for plasma therapy in April.
- The facility will be set up at Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS) and will be made available for government and private hospitals after getting a doctor’s recommendation.
Note: About Delhi
- Chief minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lt. Governor: Anil Baijal
♦YSR Jagananna colonies with 30 lakh houses to be built in Andhra Pradesh
- The State Government of Andhra Pradesh will take up the construction of 3 Million (30 lakh) houses under the YSR Jagananna Colonies project after distributing the house sites to the beneficiaries on 8th July 2020. Jagananna Colonies is part of the State Government’s Navratnalu- Pedalandariki Illu (houses for all the poor) Program.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦Govt launches PM FPE scheme
- The government on 29th June launched the PM Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME) scheme as a part of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ and as a part of Prime Minister’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’.
- Launched by Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the scheme would generate a total investment of Rs 35,000 crore and generate 9 lakh skilled semi-skilled employment.
- Purpose: It will benefit 8 lakh units through access to information, training, better exposure and formalization.
♦Maharashtra CM launches world’s largest convalescent plasma project
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on 29th June launched convalescent plasma therapy-cum- trial project for treatment of critical COVID-19 patients with a state medical education department official calling it the largest initiative of its kind in the world.
- Convalescent plasma therapy, also called passive antibody therapy, seeks to obtain plasma from the blood of people who have recovered from the infection to inject into patients undergoing treatment.
- “The project, titled ‘Platina’, is the largest convalescent plasma therapy-cum-trial project in the world.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
♦India, Bhutan sign pact for first joint venture hydropower project
- India and Bhutan took a major step forward for the construction of the 600 MW Kholongchhu project, their first hydropower joint venture project in Bhutan’s less developed eastern region of Trashiyangtse. The project’s “Concession agreement,” which was signed in the presence via video-conference.
- First time an India-Bhutan hydropower project will be constructed as a 50:50 joint venture, not as a government-to-government agreement.
Note: About Bhutan
- Capital: Thimphu
- Prime minister: Lotay Tshering
- Currency: Ngultrum
♦Arjun Munda launches tribes India products on GeM and new website of “TRIFED”
- ArjunUnion Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda launched through a video conference the tribes India products on Government e-Marketplace – GeM and a new website of TRIFED. The TRIBES India store on Government eMarketplace can now help in facilitating purchases by the government. The new website has all relevant details about the schemes and initiatives to benefit tribal communities.
- This was the key focus area of the webinar ‘TRIFED Goes Digital’ and “Be Vocal for Local’ #GoTribal ”which was organised by TRIFED today and was attended by over 200 participants. The main highlight was the launch of the TRIBES India products on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) (with a diverse range on display) and TRIFED’s new website (https://trifed.tribal. gov.in).
International (Current Affairs)
♦Lazarus Chakwera sworn in as Malawi president after historic win
- The new President of Malawi, Lazarus Chakwera. He defeated incumbent Peter Mutharika with 58.57% of votes .
- Capital: Lilongwe
- Currency: Malawian kwacha
♦Micheál Martin elected as Ireland’s new prime minister
- Micheál Martin has been named Ireland’s new prime minister nearly five months after an inconclusive election that shattered the twin pillars of Irish politics and forced them to finally govern together.
- Capital: Dublin
- Currency: Euro
Banking and Financial
♦World Bank Approves USD 500 Million To Improve Quality Of Education System
- The World Bank on 28th June Announced its Board of Executive Directors has approved USD 500 million (about Rs 3,700 crore) loan to improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states. The board approved a loan for Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS) on June 24, 2020.
- “Some 250 million students (between the age of 6 and 17) in 1.5 million schools, and over 10 million teachers will benefit from the program. The STARS program builds on the long partnership between India and the World Bank (since 1994), for strengthening public school education and to support the country’s goal of providing Education for All. Prior to STARS, the bank had provided a total assistance of more than USD 3 billion towards this goal.
- At the national level, through the Samagra Shiksha, and in partnership with the states of Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan.
♦Union Government Granted Rs 500 cr Emergency Funds to Armed Forces for War Preparedness
- The Central Government has granted special financial powers of Rs 500 crore as emergency funds to armed forces for war preparedness amid ongoing border tensions with China.
- Under this financial aid, the three defence services (Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force) can buy any weapon system or any in inventory upto Rs 500 cr in consultation with the Department of Military Affairs (DMA).
♦BET Awards Winners 2020 : The Complete List
- The BET Awards is an American award show that was established in 2001 by the Black Entertainment Television network to celebrate African Americans and other American minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year. The awards are presented annually, and are broadcast live on BET. The annual presentation ceremony features performances by artists, and some of the awards of more popular interest are presented in a televised ceremony.
- A list of winners at the 2020 BET Awards, which aired virtually on 29th June because of the coronavirus pandemic. READ MORE………………
♦India’s Nitin Menon becomes youngest umpire to enter ICC Elite Panel
- India’s Nitin Menon on 29th June became the youngest ever to be included in the International Cricket Council’s Elite Panel of Umpires for the upcoming 2020-21 season, replacing England’s Nigel Llong.
- The 36-year-old, who has officiated in three Tests, 24 ODIs and 16 T20Is, is only the third from India to make it to the prestigious group after former captain Srinivas Venkatraghavan and Sundaram Ravi, who was axed last year.
♦29th June: “Statistics Day”
- The Government has been celebrating the Statistics Day, to popularise the use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitise the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies. It has been designated as one of the Special Days to be celebrated at the national level and is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis, on 29thJune, in recognition of his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- Theme 2020: SDG- 3 (Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages) & SDG- 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls).
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here