Daily GK Update, 29 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Corona Impacts Economies: Poverty To Engulf 672 Million Children By 2020-End, Says UNICEF
- The coronavirus pandemic has halted the world economy pushing many households into distressing circumstances.
- Amid the financial hardship across the globe, child poverty especially in low and middle-income countries could witness a surge of 15 per cent.
- This is likely to deprive about 86 million children of essential services leaving a total of 672 million people below poverty line, a study conducted by the UNICEF and humanitarian organisation Save the Children suggested.
Note: About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946,
Banking and Financial
♦FDI in India jumps 13% to record USD 49.98 bn in 2019-20
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) in India rose by 13 per cent – the sharpest pace in the last four fiscals – to a record of USD 49.97 billion in 2019-20, according to official data.
- The country had received FDI of USD 44.36 billion during April-March 2018-19.
- Foreign investments in the last fiscal grew at the sharpest pace since 2015-16 when the inflows had jumped by 35 per cent. Also, the country logged its all-time high FDI in a fiscal year since 2000-01 when the first such data was released.
- Sectors which attracted maximum foreign inflows during 2019-20 include services (USD 7.85 billion), computer software and hardware (USD 7.67 billion), telecommunications (USD 4.44 billion), trading (USD 4.57 billion), automobile (USD 2.82 billion), construction (USD 2 billion), and chemicals (USD one billion), the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) data showed.
♦Facebook launches Collab, app that lets you make short music videos like TIKTOK
- Facebook has quietly launched an experimental app to take on Chinese grown TikTok The app named ‘Collab’ has been launched with a promise to bring a new approach to collaborative music production.
- The primary pitch of Collab is that you can create short-form videos split into three simultaneous sources, and you can perform one single song by playing and linking three different instruments together. And you can collaborate with one and two other friends by each providing one of three pieces.
♦Microsoft investing $2 billion in Reliance Jio for a 2.5% stake
- Reliance just last week announced it had raised ₹11,367 crore investment from the US equity firm KKR. Before this, Reliance has raised big investments from Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity, and General Atlantic.
- “Microsoft has been in discussions with several players in the digital payments services space. With Reliance, Microsoft is interested in buying a more than a 2.5% stake in Jio Platforms in $2 billion. According to a Livemint report.
RELIANCE JIO STAKE SALE
- Stake : 9.99%
- Investment : $5.7 Billion ( 43,574 Crore)
- Stake : 1.15%
- Investment : $747 Million ( 5,655.75 Crore)
- Stake : 2.32%
- Investment : $7.95 Billion ( 11,367 Crore)
- Stake : 1.34%
- Investment : $869 Million (6,598.38 Crore)
- Stake : 2.32%
- Investment : $7.95 Billion (11,367 Crore)
♦Vakrangee ties up with LIC for micro insurance products
- Vakrangee Ltd said on 27th May it has tied up with Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to distribute micro insurance products in unserved and underserved areas through its centres across the country.
- Further, renewal premium collection for all micro insurance policies of LIC will be enabled at Vakrangee kendras irrespective whether these policies have been procured at the kendra or not.
♦Capgemini’s Thierry Delaporte to be Wipro’s new CEO and MD
- Wipro has picked Capgemini executive Thierry Delaporte as its chief executive officer and managing director, the company.
- Delaporte takes over from Abidali Neemuchwala on June 1. Neemuchwala left the technology firm after four years at the helm citing ‘family commitement’.
Book and Author
♦JK Rowling releases children’s book ‘The Ickabog’
- “Harry Potter” author JK Rowling has announced a new story called “The Ickabog” to entertain children during coronavirus lockdown.
- Rowling started writing “The Ickabog” while she was still completing the original Wizarding World series, and intended to publish it following the seventh — and final — “Harry Potter” book.
♦28th May: World Menstrual Hygiene Day 2020
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on May 28. It’s mission is to break the silence, raise awareness and change negative social norms surrounding MHM around the world. Women experience a monthly biological cycle known as menstruation or a period.
- Theme: ‘Periods in Pandemic’
♦May 28: World Hunger Day 2020
- World Hunger Day (WHD) is observed every year on May 28 globally. The aim of this day is to raise awareness about more than 820 million people living in chronic hunger worldwide.
- World Hunger Day is an initiative by The Hunger Project, first started in the year 2011. This year marks the 10th annual WHD to look at hunger as a whole.
♦29th May: World Digestive Health Day
- Every 29th May, the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO), in collaboration with the WGO Foundation (WGOF), celebrates World Digestive Health Day (WDHD) and initiates a yearlong, worldwide, public health campaign through more than 110 WGO Member Societies which reach over 50,000 individuals worldwide, WGO Training Centers, Regional Affiliate Associations and other WGO global partners.
- Each year focuses upon a particular digestive disease and/or disorder in order to increase general public awareness of prevention, prevalence, diagnosis, management and treatment of the disease and/or disorder.
- Theme 2020: “Gut Microbiome: A Global Perspective.
♦29th May: International Day of UN Peacekeepers 2020
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers is observed on May 29. On this day, tributes are paid to those people who have immensely contributed in the work done by the United Nations.
- Theme 2020: “Women in Peacekeeping: A Key to Peace”.
Note: Revision Important Day (May)
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day & International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
- May 8: World Red Cross Day & World Thalassaemia Day
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day & World Hypertension Day
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
♦Ajit Jogi, first chief minister of Chhattisgarh
- Ajit Jogi, the first chief minister of Chhattisgarh, breathed his last on 29th May. The announcement of his demise was made by his son Amit Jogi. 74-year-old Ajit Jogi suffered two cardiac arrests after which doctors termed his health as “extremely critical”.
- Ajit Jogi hasd served as the first Chief Minister of the state of Chhattisgarh from November 2000 to November 2003. He parted ways with the Congress in 2016 and went on to form the Janata Congress Chhattisgarh (J).
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Capital: Raipur
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here