Daily GK Update 29 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦21-year-old Arya Rajendran becomes youngest mayor of Thiruvananthapuram
- Arya Rajendran, the 21-year-old college student who successfully contested the recent civic body polls in Kerala, was on 28th Dec elected the next mayor of state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
- She is the youngest person to occupy the post anywhere in the country. She won the civic body elections from Mudavanmugal ward of the city corporation, winning 2,872 votes.
- Youngest CM of India: Arunachal Pradesh’s Pema Khandu (37 Years)
- Youngest MP of India: Chandrani Murmu (born 16 June 1993), lower house of the Parliament of India from Keonjhar
Banking & Financial
♦ “Maintaining Inflation Target at 4% is appropriate”-RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India recently released a paper “Measuring Trend Inflation in India”. The paper says that inflation target at 4% is appropriate. In 2016, RBI introduced Inflation Target of 4% with an upper tolerance limit of 6% and lower limit of 2%.
- The paper, authored by Harendra Kumar Behera and Michael Debabrata Patra, finds that there is a steady decline in trend inflation to 4.1-4.3 per cent since 2014.
♦Bank of Baroda launches “digital lending platform” to serve retail loan seekers
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) on 28th Dec launched a Digital Lending Platform, which enables prospective retail loan seekers to get loans digitally through a paperless process at the convenience of their place and time of choice.
- The bank currently offers pre-approved Micro Personal Loan to existing selected customers to shop anything through offline/online partner channels and pay later in easy EMIs.
Note: About BOB
- CEO of Bank-Sanjiv Chadha
- Tagline-India’s International Bank
♦Cristiano Ronaldo wins “Player of the Century” award
- Cristiano Ronaldo was named player of the century on 27th Dec at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards. Defeating Barcelona’s Leo Messi and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah, Ronaldo was voted best player of the 2000s by a 23-person jury, including coaches and former players and worldwide fan votes.
- “CRISTIANO RONALDO presented with the “PLAYER OF THE CENTURY” 2001-2020 Globe Soccer Award,” the Dubai Global Soccer Award.
- The five-time UEFA Champions League winner (four with Real Madrid, one with Man Utd) led the Portugal national team to win their first-ever major title, the UEFA EURO 2016. Ronaldo, who is also the captain of Portugal, scored 102 goals for his nation.
Note: About Cristiano Ronaldo
- Current teams: Juventus F.C., Captains the Portugal national team
- The World’s Highest Paid Athletes (Forbes): Rank 2- Cristiano Ronaldo ($ 105 Million)
♦”Lukoskin” developer Hemant Kumar Pandey gets DRDO’s ‘Scientist of the Year’ award-2018
- Senior scientist Hemant Kumar Pandey has been honoured with DRDO”s ”Scientist of the Year Award” 2018 for his contribution in developing several herbal medicines, including the popular drug Lukoskin meant for treatment of leucoderma.
- A recipient of several prestigious awards for his contribution in the field of herbal medicine, Pandey has been undertaking research at the Defence Research and Development Organisation”s (DRDO) lab Defence Institute of Bio-Energy Research (DIBER) at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand for the past 25 years.
- Award Prize: 2 Lacs
Note: About DRDO
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
♦Mission Sagar III : INS Kiltan arrives at Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at Sihanoukville Port, Cambodia on 29 December 2020 as part of ongoing Mission Sagar-III.
- The ship will deliver 15 Tons of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Stores for the flood-affected people of Cambodia, which will be handed over to Cambodia’s National Disaster Management Committee (NDMC). This assistance is reflective of the deep people-to-people connect between the two friendly countries.
- About Mission SAGAR: Mission is part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
♦BWF bans Russian badminton player Nikita Khakimov for 5 years
- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) has imposed a 5-year ban on Russian shuttler Nikita Khakimov for charges of “betting, wagering and irregular match results.
- Khakimov was part of the Russian men’s team that won the bronze medal at the 2020 European Team Championships.
Book & Author
♦Union Minister Shripad Naik Releases book “Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav”
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for AYUSH and Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik released a Konkani book “Sutranivednachi sutra- ek anbav”, by Dr Roopa Chari on 26 December, 2020. It is published by Sanjana Publications .
- Dr. Roopa Chari is a well-known personality in the field of Compering in Goa. This book will help aspiring youngsters, who wish to make a career in this field.
♦PM Modi releases book “Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament” to mark his 96th birth anniversary
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th Dec released a book ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Parliament: A Commemorative Volume’ to mark the 96th birth anniversary of the former prime minister. The book was released at a function in the Central Hall of Parliament.
- The book, published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, highlights the life and works of the former Prime Minister and contains his notable speeches delivered in Parliament. The book also contains some rare photographs from his public life.
♦Former New Zealand batsman John F. Reid passed away aged 64
- John Reid, the former New Zealand batsman, has died aged 64. The left-hand batsman played 19 Tests and 25 ODIs from 1979 to 1986, scoring 1296 and 633 runs in them respectively.
- His Test runs came at an average of 46.28, with six centuries and two half-centuries.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|