Daily GK Update 29th October 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Delhi CM launches ‘Green Delhi’ app to redress pollution complaints
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 29th October launched the ‘Green Delhi’ mobile application using which citizens can bring pollution causing activities to the government’s notice.
- Citizens can click pictures or make a video of pollution causing activities, such as burning of garbage, industrial pollution, dust etc. and upload them on the application.
♦Young Advocates Welfare Fund launched in Tamil Nadu
- The Young Advocates Welfare Fund has been launched in Tamil Nadu. The Young Advocates Welfare Scheme is aimed at helping such fresh candidates to withstand the initial challenges.
- Aims: It provides monthly financial assistance of three thousand rupees each for two years to the lawyers who just come out of law colleges.
Note: About Tamil Nadu
- Capital: Chennai.
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami.
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India offered USD 1 bn credit line to central Asian countries for priority projects
- India announced to extend USD 1 billion line of credit for priority developmental projects in central Asian countries on October 28, 2020. India also vow to further expand cooperation with the resource-rich region including confrontation of the common challenges of terrorism and extremism.
- The virtual meeting was chaired by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his counterparts from Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- The ministers talked about the importance of connectivity for increasing trade, commerce, people-to-people contacts between India and the Central Asian countries.
- Benefit: These countries would utilize the priority developmental projects in fields including the connectivity, IT, energy, education, healthcare and agriculture.
Banking & Financial
♦RBI imposes Rs 22 lakh fine on DCB Bank for violating marketing norms
- Private sector lender DCB Bank on 29th October said RBI has imposed a fine of Rs 22 lakh on the bank for violating marketing norms for financial products. The Reserve Bank imposed the penalty by an order dated October 28.
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 22 lakh on DCB Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions issued by RBI contained in the circular on ‘Marketing/distribution of mutual fund/insurance etc.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦SBI signs $1 billion loan agreement with JBIC
- State Bank of India (SBI) has signed a loan agreement of up to $1 billion with The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC). The loan will facilitate the operations of Japanese car companies in India. The financing will assist in Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- While $600 million will be financed by JBIC, the rest will come from other participating lenders which include the Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, MUFG Bank, Mizuho Bank, Shizuoka Bank and Bank of Yokohama.
- Aims: The loan is intended to promote the smooth flow of funds for the whole range of business operations of Japanese automobile manufacturers in India.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MD – Ashwani Bhatia
♦Dr. Trust appoints Rohit Sharma as brand ambassador
- Healthcare brand Dr Trust has signed ace Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma as its new brand ambassador.
- Rohit Sharma will be featured in a new integrated campaign for Dr Trust which will run across TV, print and online channels as well as in-store – rolling out from October 2020.
Note: List of latest brand ambassador
- Oakley’s: Rohit Sharma
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani, kiara advani
♦Tiruppur girl K Mahashweta won best Child/Young Actress award at the Las Vegas Movie Awards 2020
- Ten-year-old K Mahashweta, a Class V student from Tiruppur, has acted in four Malayalam short films and has already won two international awards for her acting skills.
- The latest one is the Best Child/Young Actress award for her role in the short film Grandma Toy at the Las Vegas Movie Awards 2020. The short fetched Mahashweta the award in the category Five to 12 years that had contestants from 100 countries.
♦India’s Global Himalayan Expedition Wins UN Climate Action Award
- Global Himalayan Expedition, an Indian organisation that leverages tourism and technology to help remote communities access solar energy has won a prestigious UN award for its efforts to combat climate change amid the COVID-19 pandemic. GHE is among the winners of the 2020 UN Global Climate Action Award.
- GHE is one of the world’s first organisations using tourism and technology to bring solar energy to remote communities.
♦Dr Satish Mishra bags “Dr Tulsi Das Chugh Award-2020
- The National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) has selected the Principal Scientist, Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, (CSIR-CDRI)-Lucknow, Dr Satish Mishra for “Dr.Tulsi Das Chugh Award 2020”.
- He is awarded for his research work on Malaria parasite’s life cycle which is a complex process involving two hosts and three invasive stages.
♦ISRO to launch earth observation satellite EOS-01 on Nov 7
- India would launch its latest earth observation satellite EOS-01 and nine international customer spacecraft onboard its Polar rocket PSLV-C49 from the spaceport of Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on November 7.
- This is the first launch by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) since the COVID-19 induced lockdown came into force in March.
- EOS-01 is intended for applications in agriculture, forestry and disaster management support.
♦Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel passes away
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel has passed away at the age of 92 years. Keshubhai Patel, a veteran BJP leader, was the chief minister of Gujarat for two terms.
- Keshubhai Patel was Gujarat chief minister in 1995 and again during 1998-2001 before Narendra Modi succeeded him as Gujarat chief minister.
- Keshubhai Patel was a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly six times. He quit the BJP in 2012 and floated the Gujarat Parivartan Party, which performed poorly in 2012 Assembly polls and merged with the BJP in 2014.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|