Daily GK Update 29th September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦ Assam govt. launched paryatan sanjeevani scheme
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on 27th September announced a new scheme under which loan up to Rs 20 lakh with interest subsidy would be provided to entrepreneurs to revive the tourism industry, the worst-affected sector by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Under the ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme’, loan between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 20 lakh will be extended to interested local youths to take up new initiatives so that the tourism sector gets a fresh lease of life amid the coronavirus crisis
Note: About Recent Assam In News
- Sishu Suraksha app
- Arundhati Gold Scheme.
- Arunodoi Scheme for women empowerment
- Dhanwantri Scheme
- Poba Reserve Forest in Assam”s Dhemaji to be upgraded to a wildlife sanctuary
- Assam Government to Upgrade Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National Park
♦ Union Health Minister launched Vaccine portal for COVID-19
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the vaccine portal for Covid-19 on September 28, 2020 in order to create awareness among masses.
- Portal will share the vaccine related information. It will update regarding the Indian efforts towards vaccine development against COVID-19.
International (Current affairs)
♦ Mali transitional government appoints Moctar Ouane as new prime minister
- Mali’s transitional president appointed former minister of foreign affairs, Moctar Ouane, on 27th September as the West African nation’s prime minister days after being sworn into office.
- The appointment of a civilian prime minister was a major condition imposed by the West African regional economic bloc, ECOWAS, on Mali to lift sanctions that were imposed after an Aug. 18 coup. ECOWAS had closed borders to Mali and stopped financial flows to put pressure on the junta to quickly return to a civilian government.
- Former Defense Minister and retired Col. Maj. Bah N’Daw was inducted as the new transitional president while Col.
Note: About Mali
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Banking & Financial
♦ RBI to Implement Positive Pay System from January 1, 2021
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has come up with positive pay system for cheque payments to prevent cases of banking fraud. It will be implemented from January 1, 2021.
- Customers will now have to furnish details of cheques like name of the beneficiary, payee, amount to the drawee bank and date through available means, SMS, internet banking or ATM and mobile app. This will be applicable if the amount mentioned on the cheque is above Rs 50,000.
- Benefit: The central bank has asked all the banks to spread awareness on the positive pay system among their customers through SMS or putting out information regarding that in branches. They can also make their customers familiar with the positive pay system through their website.
Note: Current Policy Rate
- Repo Rate-4.%
- Reverse Repo Rate -3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate– 4.25%
- Bank Rate- 4.25%
- Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)-3%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)-18%
♦ GoI appoints P.D. Vaghela as new chairman of TRAI
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed P.D. Vaghela as the chairman of the Telecom Regulatory of India (TRAI).
- He will succeed RS Sharma, who was at the helm of the sector regulator for five years.
Note: About TRAI
- Founded: 20 February 1997
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
♦ ITBP chief S S Deswal given additional charge of NSG DG
- ITBP Director General, S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of counter-terrorism force National Security Guard (NSG) as its incumbent chief A K Singh is going to retire on September 30.
- The ”black cat” commandos of the force are based in five hubs across the country, apart from their main garrison in Gurgaon”s Manesar.
List of Chiefs and DGS
- Army Chief– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Navel Chief- Karambir Singh
- Air Chief– Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- BSF- Rakesh Asthana
- CRPF- AP Maheshwari
- CISF- Rajesh Ranjan
- ITBP- SS Deswal
- NDRF- SN Pradhan
- RAW- Samant Goel
♦ RBI ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign
- Reserve Bank has roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan for the customer awareness campaign to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters.
- As part of the public awareness initiative of RBI, the regulator keeps informing about dos and don’ts that have to be followed by customers to transact safely and securely.
♦ Usha Mangeshkar honoured with Lata Mangeshkar award 2020-21
- The Maharashtra government has announced the Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for the year 2020-21 to veteran female playback singer Usha Mangeshkar.
- The award is given by the cultural department of the state government. The award includes a cash prize of five lakh rupees, a certificate and a memento.
♦ 29th September: World Heart Day 2020
- World Heart Day is annually observed on September 29 around the globe in an effort to raise public awareness about cardiovascular diseases, their prevention and global impact.
- This World Heart Day 2020, the aim is to make people aware of taking care of their heart during the pandemic. During the current pandemic, people with cardiovascular diseases should take extra care of themselves to stay healthy.
- Theme 2020: “Use Heart To Beat Cardiovascular Disease”
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here