Daily GK Update 2 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦World Malaria Report 2020
- The World Malaria Report, 2020 was released by the World Health Organisation. As per the report, India recorded the largest reduction in malaria cases in South East Asia. The case count has reduced from 20 million in 2000 to around 5.6 million in 2019. The report also stated that the global malaria case count has remained unchanged for the past four years.
- In 2019, the number was around 229 million. According to the world Malaria report, 2020 prepared by the World Health Organisation, India was one among the 11 highest Malaria burden countries in the world.
♦Cyclone Burevi to Cross Sri Lanka and Hit India’s Southern Tamil Nadu, Kerala
- Cyclone Nivar drenched several parts of north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh. Cyclone Burevi is set to cause torrential downpour over southern Tamil Nadu and Kerala, as the fifth cyclone of the North Indian Ocean approaches the southern tip of the country.
- Burevi is a name suggested by the Maldives, as per the cyclone naming guidelines set by the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO).
- Burevi is not as strong as its predecessor, Nivar, as the Bay of Bengal lacks the energy to feed the system further. The storm is located in the southwest Bay of Bengal and progresses west-northwestward at 12 kmph toward Sri Lanka.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2020)
- Cyclone Nivar – Tamil Nadu
- Storm Eta: Guatemala
- Tropical Storm “Cristobal”: Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts. (US)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
International (Current Affairs)
♦QS Asia University Rankings 2021
- QS Quacquarelli Symonds, global higher education think-tank and compilers of the world’s most-consulted university rankings portfolio, have today released the QS Asia University Rankings 2021 for the continent’s best higher education institutions. The National University of Singapore has come up as Asia’s best university for the third consecutive year.
- The top-10 list doesn’t feature any Indian university. The top three Indian universities to feature on the Asia Rankings are IIT Bombay (Rank 47), IIT Delhi (Rank 50), and IIT Madras (Rank 56). A total of 107 Indian institutes made it to the overall QS Asia Rankings. Of them, 7 bagged a spot in the top 100.
Top 5 University
- Rank 1:National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- Rank 2: Tsinghua University, China (Mainland)
- Rank 3: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Rank 4: University of Hong Kong (HKU), Hong Kong SAR
- Rank 5: Zhejiang University, China (Mainland)
Banking & Financial
♦OECD Projects India’s FY21 GDP at -9.9%
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has marginally raised its GDP forecast for India to a contraction of 9.9% in 2020-21 (FY21) from its earlier projection of (-)10.2% in September 2020.
- OECD expects the GDP to rebound to 8% in 2021-22 (FY22) and 5% in 2022-23 (FY23).
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
- FICCI: (-)4.5%
♦Bata names Sandeep Kataria as global CEO
- Footwear major Bata Shoe Organization has appointed Sandeep Kataria as the new global Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Kataria is the first Indian to be appointed to the global role of Bata (Headquarter-Lausanne, Switzerland). He takes over from Alexis Nasard, who has stepped down after almost five years in the role. Before this, Kataria was the CEO of Bata India since 2017.
Note: About Bata
- Founder: Tomáš Baťa
- Founded: 24 August 1894
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
♦Kohli becomes fastest cricketer to score 12000 ODI runs, beats Tendulkar’s record
- India captain Virat Kohli on 2nd Dec became the fastest cricketer to score 12,000 ODI runs, breaking a record held by legendary compatriot Sachin Tendulkar.
- Kohli reached the milestone during the third and final match against Australia here. Kohli, who needed 23 runs for the landmark coming into the match, touched the figure in his 242nd innings. In comparison, it took Tendulkar 300 innings to get there.
♦December 2: National Pollution Control Day
- Every year, India marks the National Pollution Control Day on December 2. The day is observed in the memory of the people who lost their lives in the Bhopal Gas Tragedy.
- The national pollution control day is celebrated in India to make the citizens aware of laws that exist in India that help to contain pollution.
♦2nd December: World Computer Literacy Day
- World Computer Literacy Day is observed every year on 2nd December, where computers’ education and existence are promoted among the people considering that the world works on the PC and computerized devices, which have become a fundamental thing in the regular world.
- Some of you might want to know that the day aims to increase awareness of this ‘divide’ and increase access to information technology.
♦British Actor David Prowse passes away
- British character actor David Prowse, best known for playing ‘Darth Vader’ in the original Star Wars trilogy, passed away. He was a weightlifter-turned-actor, was selected to portray Darth Vader for his imposing physique of 6-foot-7 inch.
- However, the role was voiced by James Earl Jones. Prowse wore the black suit and helmet to play Darth Vader.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|