Daily GK Update 2 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kerala, Goa Best Governed States, UP Ranks Lowest: PAC ranking
- Kerala was adjudged the best governed state in the country while Uttar Pradesh ended at the bottom in the large states category, according to the Public Affairs Index-2020 released by the Public Affairs Centre.
- Governance performance is analysed in the context of sustainable development defined by three pillars of equity, growth and sustainability.
Large state category
- Four southern states, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka stood in the first four ranks in terms of governance.
- Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and Bihar were at the bottom of the ranking, scoring negative points in the category.
In the small state category
- Goa ranked first, followed by Meghalaya and Himachal Pradesh.
- Worst performers who scored negative points are Manipur, Delhi and Uttarakhand, according to the PAC report.
Union territory in the category
- Chandigarh emerged the best governed union territory in the category of UTs, followed by Puducherry and Lakshadweep.
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Andaman, Jammu and Kashmir and Nicobar were the least performers.
♦India’s first ‘tyre park’ to come up in West Bengal
- In West Bengal, Kolkata will soon feature India’s first “Tyre Park”, where artworks made from scrap and defective parts will be on display. The West Bengal Transport Corporation will launch this Tyre Park.
- The Tyre Park, which will come up at the Esplanade area, would have a small cafe where people can sit, relax and enjoy the craftsmanship made from tyres.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
♦PM Modi launches India’s first seaplane service in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the country’s first seaplane service between the Statue of Unity near Kevadiya in Gujarat’s Narmada district and Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad.
- The 19-seater seaplane will be managed by private airline SpiceJet. The service will cover the 200km distance between Sabarmati and Kevadia, in just 45 minutes by flight, which usually takes 4 hours.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Priyanca Radhakrishnan becomes New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin minister
- Priyanca Radhakrishnan on 2nd November became New Zealand’s first-ever Indian-origin minister after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern brought five new ministers into her executive.
- Born in India, Ms. Radhakrishnan, 41, went to school in Singapore before moving to New Zealand to further her education.
- She has become the Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector and Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment.
Note: About New Zealand
- Capital: Wellington
- Currency: Zealand dollar
- Prime Minister: Jacinda Ardern
Banking and Financial
♦Fifteenth Finance Commission to submit its report on 9th November
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission (FC) has finalised its report on fund devolution from the Centre to States three years after it was constituted. The FC has finalised the norms for five years counting from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- The panel has constituted certain recommendations and it will submit the report to the President. The Fifteenth FC was constituted on 27 November 2017. It is being headed by the chairman NK Singh.
♦Former HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri joins Carlyle
- Former HDFC Bank managing director Aditya Puri has joined U.S.-based global investment firm the Carlyle Group as a senior advisor.
- Mr. Puri will advise the Carlyle team on investment opportunities across Asia.
♦Jio named title sponsor for 2020 Women’s T20 Challenge
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 1st November announced Jio as the title sponsor for the 2020 edition of the Women’s T20 Challenge. The partnership will also have the support of Reliance Foundation Education and Sports For All (RFESA).
- The Women’s T20 Challenge is scheduled to be played from November 4 to November 9, in Sharjah.
- Third season of the Women’s T20 Challenge, a Twenty20 cricket tournament established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2018. it will be a three team tournament consisting of a group stage of three matches, followed by a final.
- IPL Supernovas
- IPL Trailblazers
- IPL Velocity
♦November 2-International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists
- In the past fourteen years (2006-2019), close to 1,200 journalists have been killed for news reporting news and bringing information to the public. In nine out of ten cases, the killers go unpunished.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed November 2, as the ‘International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists’ in General Assembly Resolution A/RES/68/163. The Resolution urged Member States to implement definite measures countering the present culture of impunity.
- The date was chosen in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on November 2 2013.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|