Daily GK Update, 3 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Government Declares Entire Nagaland ‘Disturbed Area’ for 6 more Months Under AFSPA Act 1958
- The Central government has declared the entire Nagaland as “disturbed area” for a period of six more months till December 2020. READ MORE…….
♦Modi govt makes first move to privatise Railways, invites private players to run 151 trains
- In a significant push to privatisation in the Indian Railways, Railways Board chairman VK Yadav said that by 2023, about 5 per cent of passenger train operations will be conducted by the private players, so as to initiate a jump towards technological improvements and increased speeds in the Railway operations.
- The project, reportedly aimed at breaking Railway’s monopoly in the train operations across the country, while enabling an overall stimulus of competition within its functioning, is expected to bring private sector investment of around Rs 30,000 Crore.
♦Odisha Government Plans To Increase Green Cover Under ‘Sabuja Odisha’ Over 1.30 Lakh Hectares
- The Odisha Government on 1st June planned to implement a new initiative ‘Sabuja Odisha’ to increase green cover through extensive plantation over 1,30,264 Hectares of land.
- Tripathy has directed to put a web-based system for real-time monitoring and supervision of the programme. “The department has asked to form district-level committees led by the collector for proper coordination and implementation of the program at the ground level.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
Banking and Financial
♦Intel Capital Invests Rs 1894.50 crore in Jio Platforms
- Reliance Industries has confirmed that Intel Capital has made an investment of Rs 1,894.50 crore in Jio Platforms. This investment translates into a 0.39% equity stake in Jio Platforms, with an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- 22nd April: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- 4th May: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- 8th May: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 17th May: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- 22nd May: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 5th June: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- 5th June: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 7th June: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- 13th June: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- 13th June: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- 18th June: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- 2nd July: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
♦World Bank enhances support for rejuvenating Ganga, sanctions USD 400 mn
- The World Bank on 1st July said it has enhanced its support for Government of India’s program to rejuvenate Ganga river with a USD 400 million (about Rs 3,000 crore) assistance that will help stem pollution in the river.
- The assistance will help strengthen the management of the river basin which is home to more than 500 million people.
List of World Bank Granted Loan 2020
- USD 400 million: Improve coastal resources in India
- 82 million US dollars (585 crore rupees)-For Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- $80 million– Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million– Supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) – National Groundwater Management Improvement Program
- $88 Million– The Government of Assam and the World Bank signed a loan agreement for Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- USD 210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $250 mn – help low-income groups in the state get access to affordable housing in Tamilnadu
♦IRDAI sets up group to find space for selling Surety Bonds headed by G. Srinivasan
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up a nine member working committee to look at the possibility of Indian non-life insurers offering Surety Bond to contractors.
- The IRDAI has set up the committee after the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways requested it to examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors.
- The Surety Bond guarantees satisfactory completion of a project by a contractor and providing performance security to various government agencies. The IRDAI Working Group is headed by G. Srinivasan.
♦Chola MS General Insurance appointed V Suryanarayanan as new MD
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company on 1st July announced the appointment of V Suryanarayanan as its new Managing Director with effect from July 1. Suryanarayanan succeeds S S Gopalarathnam.
- MS General Insurance is a Joint Venture between diversified conglomerate Murugappa Group and Japan- based Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Ltd.
♦Two agricultural experts from India named by UN chief to scientific group for 2021 food summit
- Two eminent agricultural experts hailing from India have been named members of an international scientific group, aimed to offer foremost scientific evidence for sustainable food systems, established by UN chief Antonio Guterres ahead of a global food summit next year.
- Prof. Rattan Lal of Ohio State University and Dr. Uma Lele of the International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) are among the Scientific Group Members named by Guterres, a statement issued by the UN.
Book and Author
♦A book titled “The Future of Higher Education” released by M Venkaiah Naidu
- Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu has virtually released a book titled “Future of Higher Education-Nine Mega Trends“. The book is authored by CA V Pattabhi Ram. The Virtual event was hosted by ICT Academy. The book is based on a survey of about 5000 educators across India who were part of ICT Academy’s “SkyCampus” Digital Knowledge Series.
♦July 2: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- Every year July 02 is celebrated as World Sports Journalists Day or International Sports Journalists Day. It is to acknowledge the sports journalists and also mark the anniversary of the International Sports Press Association (AIPS). The association was established in 1924 during the Summer Olympics in Paris.
Revison July Important Day
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- July 11: World Population Day
- July 17: World Day for International Justice
- July 18: International Nelson Mandela Day
- July 28: World Hepatitis Day
♦Saroj Khan, Choreographer Of Iconic Bollywood Numbers, Dies At 71
- Choreographer Saroj Khan died of a cardiac arrest in a Mumbai hospital on 3rd June. she was 71.
- Saroj Khan, winner of three National Awards, choreographed some of Bollywood’s most iconic dance hits – many of these starred actresses Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit. Ms Khan’s earliest routines were for Sridevi in films like Mr India, Nagina and Chandni; she choreographed the quirky moves in Hawa Hawai. Later, she worked with Madhuri Dixit on Tezaab’s Ek Do Teen, Thaanedaar’s Tamma Tamma Loge, Beta’s Dhak Dhak Karne Laga and others numbers.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here