Daily GK Update, 3rd June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Centre launches three new schemes to promote electronics manufacturing in India
- Central Government on 2nd June has announced three schemes worth of Rs 50,000 crore. The new schemes – Production Linked Incentive Scheme, Component Manufacturing Scheme, and Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme – will be implemented from June 2 for the development of electronics manufacturing sector in India.
- The triology of schemes that entail an outlay of about Rs 50,000 crore (approximately $7 billion), will help offset the disability for domestic electronics manufacturing, which will strengthen the electronics manufacturing ecosystem in the country.
♦Delhi govt launches “Delhi Corona” app to track available hospital beds
- The Delhi government 1st June launched a mobile application to help residents track the availability of hospital beds and ventilators for Covid-19 patients.
- Called “Delhi Corona”, the app, according to its page, “plans to provide a single avenue to cater to all the needs and issues of the Delhi populace during these tough times. It contains a self-assessment tool, guidelines and important helplines to ensure well being of the users. The app also allows the user to view all COVID centers and access lockdown services like ration, e-pass and hunger/shelter relief centres.”
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
- “Naadi” App: Puducherry
- “Rakhsa Serva App”: Chhattisgarh
- “Self Declaration” App: Nagaland
♦India Drops 6 Places to be Ranked 23rd in StartupBlink’s Startup Ecosystem Rankings 2020, US Top
- StartupBlink has launched the Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020 that ranks 1,000 cities and 100 countries worldwide, based on their startup ecosystem strength and activity level. Startup Blink is global startup ecosystem map and research center.
- India has dropped 6 places to be ranked at 23rd spot in the latest ranking, with a score of 5.698. Last year it was placed at 17th spot.
- The ranking is based upon three key factors: Quantity, Quality and Business Environment.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
International (Current Affairs)
♦Tropical storm Amanda hits El Salvador & Guatemala
- Tropical storm Amanda caused flash flooding, landslides and power outages as it made its way through Central American countries of El Salvador and Guatemala.
- More than Dozens people were killed and authorities have warned that further heavy rain is expected, as the storm is estimated to have cause up to US$200 million of damage.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra and Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
♦Covid-19 can push 60 million into poverty, adopt comprehensive policies: WB
- The World Bank on 2nd June urged countries to go for comprehensive policies to boost long-term growth along with short term measures to address health emergencies and secure core public services in the wake of the coronavirus crisis, amid indications that 60 million people could be pushed into extreme poverty in 2020.
- These estimates are likely to rise further, with the reopening of advanced economies the primary determinant.
Banking and Financial
♦PSBs Sanction Loans Worth Rs 10,361 Crore To MSMEs Under ECLGS
- Public sector banks have sanctioned loans worth Rs 10,361.75 crore under the 100 percent Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme, said Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman’s office on 3rd June. Public sector banks have disbursed Rs 3,892.78 crore in the first two days of the month under the Rs 3-lakh crore Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector hit hard by the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
- The Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) has been formulated as a specific response to the unprecedented situation caused by COVID-19 and the consequent lockdown, which has severely impacted manufacturing and other activities in the MSME sector.
♦PM Modi appoints committee headed by Rajnath Singh for MSME loan scheme implementation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed a committee headed by Rajnath Singh to resolve any problem in the implementation of the Rs 3 lakh crore collateral-free loan scheme for MSMEs.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman earlier this month had announced the collateral-free loans scheme for MSMEs as part of the overall Rs 20 lakh crore Covid-19 relief package to uplift the economy. According to Sitharaman, 45 lakh MSME units will be able to resume their businesses and secure jobs through this support. The eligible units should have up to Rs 25 crore outstanding credit and Rs 100 crore turnover to apply for the loan scheme.
♦Pradip Kumar Tripathi takes charge as Steel Secretary
- Senior IAS officer Pradip Kumar Tripathi on 1june took over the charge as Secretary in the Ministry of Steel.
- Mr. Tripathi succeeds Binoy Kumar, who superannuated on May 31, 2020.
List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary- Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary- Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary- Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary- Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary- Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦Lakshmi Vilas Bank extends tenure of MD and CEO
- Reserve Bank of India, the Board of Directors of Lakshmi Vilas Bank at their meeting held today i.e. 01.06.2020 have extended the tenure of appointment of Shri Subramanian Sundar as Managing Director & CEO (Interim) of the Bank till November 30, 2020 or till regular MD & CEO takes charge.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
♦SAI to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala, an online coaching programme for grassroot level
- The Sports Authority of India (SAI) is all set to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala in association with National Sports Federations (NSF) from June 1 with an aim to provide first-ever national-level open online coaching and education programme for grassroot-level athletes.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Union Minister of Tribal Affairs and Archery Association of India president Arjun Munda will inaugurate the programme through a webinar on June 1 at 9 am, a session that will be attended by archers, archery coaches and experts of the discipline.
- The programme will cover 21 sporting disciplines, including, athletics, archery, boxing, cycling, fencing, football, gymnastics, hockey, judo, kayaking & canoeing, kabaddi, para games, rowing, shooting, taekwondo, table tennis, Volleyball, weightlifting, wrestling and wushu.
♦3rd June: World Bicycle Day 2020
- World Bicycle Day is around the corners, which is 3 June 2020. The Third World Bicycle Day is being praised and celebrated on this date. The United Nations celebrated the first World Bicycle Day on Sunday, June 3, 2018, at the UN General Assembly in New York. UN officials, diplomats, athletes, and advocates of the cycling community spoke at the inaugural event in New York, sharing the numerous benefits of riding vehicles.
June Important Day
- 5 June- World Environment Day
- 7 June– World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June– World Blood Donor Day
♦Veteran Lyricist Anwar Sagar passes away
- Veteran lyricist Anwar Sagar passed away on 3rd June. Anwar wrote many popular songs in the 80s and 90s. He wrote the lyrics of the song “Waada Raha Sanam” for the 1992 film Khiladi, starring Akshay Kumar and Ayesha Jhulka.
- The lyricist also has to his credit films like Yaarana, Salaami, Aa Gale Lag Jaa and Vijaypath among more.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here