Daily GK Update 3 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Udaipur Science Centre inaugurated at Udaipur in Tripura
- The Udaipur Science Centre, at Udaipur, Tripura was dedicated to the people by the Governor of Tripura, Ramesh Bais on February 28, 2021. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism, Govt. of India Prahlad Singh Patel, was the Chief Guest on the occasion.
- D Choudhury, DG, NCSM informed that Udaipur Science Centre is the 22nd Science Centre which has been developed by NCSM (National Council of Science Museums).
♦Passenger train service between Dhaka & New Jalpaiguri to start from March 26
- A new passenger train service between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri is set to start from 26th of March marking the 50th Anniversary of the liberation of Bangladesh. The d train will run through the Chilahati-Haldibari cross border rail route.
- There are two passenger trains currently running between Bangladesh and India. The Maitree Express runs between Dhaka and Kolkata and Bandhan Express links Khulna with Kolkata.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- PM: Sheikh Hasina
♦Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV merged into Sansad TV
- The Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha Television channels that broadcast the proceedings of the upper and lower Houses of Parliament, respectively, have been merged into a single entity.
- The new channel has been named the ‘Sansad Television’. This change is effective from March 01, 2021.
♦Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launches “Sugamya Bharat App”
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot has launched the “Sugamya Bharat App”, through a video conference in New Delhi. The minister also launched a handbook entitled “Access – The Photo Digest”.
- The App and the handbook have been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Banking & Financial
♦SBI Mutual Funds Launches First Overseas Fund
- The State Bank of India (SBI) Mutual Funds has launched its first overseas offering on 1 March 2021. The fund titled SBI International Access — US Equity FOF is an open-ended fund of funds scheme investing in mutual fund scheme/ETFs that invest in US markets, which are domiciled overseas.
- The scheme will invest 95-100 percent of its net assets generally in Amundi Funds – US Pioneer Fund (including ETFs), which invest predominantly in the US markets.
Note: About SBI
- SBI New chairman- Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI new chief financial officer (CFO)-Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
- SBI Cards& Payment Services MD & CEO- Rama Mohan Rao Amara
- SBI General Insurance MD & CEO – Prakash Chandra Kandpal
- SBI Mutual Fund MD & CEO– Vinay Tonse
- SBI MDs – Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
♦World Bank plans $100-mn guarantee scheme for solar rooftop projects
- The World Bank plans to introduce a $100-million credit guarantee scheme to boost India’s rooftop solar programme, which has not gained enough traction. The scheme will allow micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to avail concessional debt financing for setting up rooftop solar units.
- The World Bank scheme, along with State Bank of India (SBI) and the MSME ministry to accelerate adoption of rooftop solar units, will help MSMEs access credit of around $1 billion.
- The arrangement will be beneficial for the firms that often do not meet the lending criteria of banks and other financial institutions, with their financial woes been exacerbated by the covid-19 pandemic.
Note: About World Bank
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Formation: July 1944
- President: David Malpass
♦Matam Venkata Rao assumes Charge as MD & CEO of Central Bank Of India
- Matam Venkata Rao has taken charge as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Central Bank Of India. Rao till now held the position of Executive Director at Canara Bank.
- His appointment is for a period of 3 years with effect from the date of assumption of office on or after March 1, 2021, or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
Note: List of Some CEO name
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- Indian Overseas Bank: Partha Pratim Sengupta
- Punjab & Sind Bank: S Krishnan
- Union Bank of India: Rajkiran Rai G.
- Canara Bank: Lingan Venkat Prabhakr
♦Kuldiep Singh takes additional charge as CRPF DG
- IPS officer Kuldiep Singh has given an additional charge of CRPF director general (DG) after incumbent chief A P Maheshwari retires.
- Kuldiep Singh is working as the special DG of its central zone, will hold the additional charge of the CRPF head till “the appointment and joining of the successor or until further orders.
List of Chiefs and DGS
- Army Chief– Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Navel Chief- Karambir Singh
- Air Chief– Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- IB- Arvind Kumar
- BSF- Rakesh Asthana
- CISF- Subodh Kumar
- ITBP- SS Deswal
- NSG– SS Deswal (additional)
- NDRF- SN Pradhan
- RAW- Samant Goel
♦Virat Kohli becomes first cricketer to have 100 million followers on Instagram
- India captain Virat Kohli became the first cricketer in the world to have 100 million followers on social media platform Instagram. The 32-year-old Kohli is also the fourth most followed sportsperson on Instagram.
- Portugal football star Cristiano Ronaldo tops the chart with 265 million followers, ahead of Argentina football captain and FC Barcelona legend Lionel Messi and Brazil’s Neymar, who are second and third in the list with 186 million and 147 million followers respectively.
♦3rd March: World Wildlife Day
- March 3 is globally recognized as World Wildlife Day. The day is dedicated to celebrating and raising awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora. As we know, the world’s wildlife count and sustainability have dwindled significantly in the past decade.
- Theme 2021: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet.”
♦3rd March: World Hearing Day
- The world observes World Hearing Day on March 3, every year. This day is observed to highlight and spread the message that timely and effective care can help people with hearing loss to achieve full potential.
- This occasion is to spread awareness about action that can be taken to protect the auditory nerves and adopt preventive measures.
- Theme 2021:‘Screen, Rehabilitate, Communicate’
Book & Author
♦Joe Biden: American Dreamer book by Evan Osnos
- The new biography of President Joe Biden by National Book Award winner and New Yorker staff writer Evan Osnos.
- Former Vice President and Present President Biden has been called both the luckiest man and the unluckiest — fortunate to have sustained a 50-year political career that reached the White House, but also marked by deep personal losses that he has suffered.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|