Daily GK Update 3 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Global Innovation Index 2020: India ranks 48, Switzerland Tops
- On September 2, 2020, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) released the Global Innovation Index. For the first time, India has ranked among top 50 countries. It has moved up to 48th rank from 52nd position in 2019.
- Switzerland acquired the first position followed by Sweden, USA, UK and Netherlands.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
♦GoI bans printing of calendars, diaries and festival greeting cards
- The Government of India banned printing materials such as diaries, calendars and festival greeting cards. The order was passed by the Ministry of Finance. The ministry has asked the government organs to adopt digital means to publish such materials.
- This is being done to reduce GoI costs in printing activities and also to encourage adoption of digital tools.
♦Madhya Pradesh govt launches ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign
- Madhya Pradesh government has launched a 15-day campaign named ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’. Under the campaign awareness programmes were organized in seven thousand 178 settlements.
- During the campaign, as per the performance of the urban bodies, the best ones were awarded by the chief minister.
List of Latest Campaign
- ‘Spandan’ Campaign : Chhattisgarh
- Charan Paduka’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Pure for Sure’ Campaign : Rajasthan
- Roko -Toko’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- Intzaar Aap Ka‘ Campaign : Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’: Madhya Pradesh
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
♦Delhi tops deaths due to road accidents in 2019: National Crime Records Bureau Data
- Delhi recorded the highest number of deaths due to dangerous driving and overall road accidents in 2019 among all cities, the data shared by National Crime Records Bureau showed.
- According to the data, a total of 1,400 persons died in road accidents.
|1||Delhi (529 Persons Died)|
|2||Jaipur (320 Persons Died)|
|3||Asansol (WB), (301 Persons Died)|
♦Ladakh, Lakshadweep join ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme; 26 states, UTs now linked
- Ladakh and Lakshadweep have the joined the Centre’s ration card portability scheme ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’, taking the total number of states and Union territories linked with the scheme to 26.
- Under the scheme, eligible beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) will be able to avail their entitled foodgrains from any Fair Price Shop (FPS), also called ration shops, in the country using the same ration card.
- Remaining states are targeted to be integrated in the scheme by March 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Amul becomes 1st Indian dairy firm to enter Rabobank’s Global Top 20 list, Switzerland’s Nestle tops
- Amul (Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation) has become the first Indian dairy company to enter Rabobank’s list of Global Top 20 Dairy Companies. Amul was ranked 16th with an annual turnover of $5.5 billion.
- “This is a matter of pride for 36 lakh milk producers of Gujarat,” Amul said. Switzerland’s Nestle topped the list with a turnover of $22.1 billion.
♦THE World University Ranking 2021: No Indian University in top 300
- Times Higher Education announced the results of World University Rankings, 2021. India has recorded its highest ever number of universities to qualify Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2021.
- However, none of Indian Universities could make it to top 300. Around 63 universities from India have qualified for the ranking.
- The United States was the most represented country with 59 entries in the top 200. It was followed by UK with 29, Germany with 21.
- China’s Tsinghua University was the first Asian university to make it to top 20.
|1||University of Oxford|
|2||Stanford University, Harvard University|
|3||California Institute of Technology|
♦K Padmakar to hold additional charge as CMD of BPCL
- The government has given K Padmakar additional charge of Chairman and Managing Director of state-run oil refining and marketing company Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- The two key ports have become vacant after D Rajkumar and R Ramachandran stepped down from the posts of CMD and director refineries, respectively, on August 31, on superannuation.
Note: About BPCL
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Established: 1952.
♦Usha Padhee becomes first woman DG of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
- Joint secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Usha Padhee has been given additional charge as Director-General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS). She is the first woman and third IAS officer to have been appointed to the post.
- Earlier, IPS officer Rakesh Asthana was given charge of the BCAS. He has now been moved to the Border Security Force (BSF) as director general.
♦ACC approves appointment of V K Yadav as Railway Board’s first ever CEO
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of the current chairman of the Railway Board VK Yadav as the CEO, making him the first to hold such a post in the railway’s history.
- The Cabinet had earlier approved the restructuring of the Railway Board, whose strength has been cut from eight to five, as part of large scale reforms initiated by the national transporter.
♦CFI all set to host first-ever Cycling Summit in 2021
- The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is all set to host the first-ever Cycling Summit in 2021, with an aim to promote the culture of cycling in the country.
- The Cycling Summit 2021 will be hosted in Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore and is expected to be a unique confluence of cycling enthusiasts, renowned athletes, and businesses from all over the country.
♦3rd September: Skyscraper Day
- Skyscraper Day is held annually on September 3. Skyscraper Day marks the ability of the man to construct an industrial masterpiece.
- It is celebrated in the memory of William Can Aien on his birthday. William Can Aien is a genius behind the construction of the Chrysler Building which is one of the iconic landmarks in New York City.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here