Daily GK Update, 30 May and 31st 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Uttarakhand launches Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana for returnee migrants
- To retain the migrants who have returned to the state during the lockdown, Uttarakhand chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on 28th May inaugurated the Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the district magistrate should coordinate with the bankers so that the beneficiaries do not have any problem in taking loan.
- Aim: The project aims at giving self-employment opportunities to youth and a boost to reverse migration, especially entrepreneurs returning to Uttarakhand and encourage skilled and unskilled artisans, handicrafts and unemployed youths to start their own business.
Note: About Uttarakhand
- Chief minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Capitals: Dehradun, Gairsain (Summer)
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
♦Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme for skilled workers
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced the launch of the ‘Rozgar Setu’ scheme, saying it would help secure employment for skilled workers who have returned.
- Aim: The main aim is to link the skilled migrant labourers with the employers (job providers). As a part of short term planning, govt. has taken data from panchayats and regularize migrant workers in construction, industries, factories and other businesses.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦Petroleum Minister dedicates to nation, 56 CNG stations
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan dedicated to nation, 56 CNG stations spread over 11 States and Union Territories. These stations are in Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh.
- Govt. Said Lauding the efforts of all the stakeholders in expansion of the gas network in the country.
- 72 per cent population of the country will soon be covered through the City Gas Distribution network, with spread over 53 per cent of the geographical area.
♦‘One Sun One World One Grid’: India initiates talks on West to SE Asia solar grid
- India has come up with a ‘One Sun One World One Grid’ (OSOWOG) initiative to set up a framework for facilitating global cooperation in this regard aiming at building a global ecosystem of interconnected renewable energy resources that can be seamlessly shared.
- The Union Ministry of New and Renewable energy (MNRE), through this initiative, plans to build global consensus about sharing solar resources among more than 140 countries of West Asia and South East Asia.
International (Current Affairs)
♦U.S. joins G7 artificial intelligence group to counter China
- The US has joined an international panel for setting ethical guidelines for the use of artificial intelligence. The Trump administration had earlier dismissed the idea.
- “Chinese technology companies are attempting to shape international standards on facial recognition and surveillance at the United Nations. The Trump administration had been the lone holdout among leaders of the Group of Seven — the world’s wealthiest democracies — in setting up the Global Partnership on AI.
♦Google launch a new app ‘Sodar’ that will help you maintain social distance
- Google is trying to do its bit in helping people maintain their social distance. The tech giant has launched a new app that will help people maintain distance in real life using augmented reality.
- The app called ‘Sodar’, will create a visual boundary using the user’s smartphone camera and constantly show who’s breaching that distance.
Note: About Google
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Banking and Financial
♦Fiscal deficit widens to 4.6% of GDP in 2019-20
- India’s fiscal deficit widened to 4.6 per cent of the Gross Domestic Product in 2019-20 mainly on account of poor revenue realisation. The deficit, which signifies the gap between government revenue and expenditure, is higher than the revised estimate of 3.8 per cent for the fiscal.
- According to the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) data, the fiscal deficit for 2019-20 worked out to be 4.59 per cent of the GDP, while the revenue deficit was 3.27 per cent. The effective revenue deficit was 2.36 per cent, the data showed.
♦RBI slaps penalties on Bank of India, Karnataka Bank, Saraswat Cooperative Bank for non-compliance
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed monetary penalties on Bank of India, Karnataka Bank and Saraswat Cooperative Bank for non-compliance on income recognition and asset classification (IRAC) norms.
- “A monetary penalty of Rs 5 crore on Bank of India for non-compliance with certain provisions of the directions issued by RBI.
- RBI also imposed a penalty of Rs 1.2 crore on Karnataka Bank for non-compliance with central bank’s directions.
- The central bank has also imposed a penalty of Rs 30 lakh on Saraswat Cooperative Bank.
♦NABARD sanctions Rs 1,050 crore credit support to West Bengal
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned credit of Rs 1,050 crore in the current fiscal so far to West Bengal for benefit of farmers and poor people in rural areas.
- The credit support under special liquidity facility (SLF) will be extended to state cooperative banks, regional rural banks and micro-finance institutions (MFIs).
- The NABARD has already disbursed an amount of Rs 720 crore to state coperative and regional rural banks.
Note: About NABARD
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: G.R. Chintala
♦India’s GDP growth slows to 11-year low of 4.2 per cent in 2019-20: National statistical office
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the fourth quarter of 2019-20 has been provisionally estimated at 3.1 per cent as against a rise of 5.7 per cent in the same period last year.
- In another set of data, output in eight core sectors was estimated to have contracted 38.1 per cent in April which suggests economically much bleaker days ahead.
- Economic growth during the full financial year of 2019-20 was also slow. GDP grew by 4.2 per cent as compared to 6.1 per cent expansion in 2018-19, the slowest growth in GDP in 11 years.
♦Sandip Pradhan’s tenure as Sports Authority of India DG extended by two years
- The tenure of Sandip Pradhan as Director General of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) has been extended by two years.
- “The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports for extension of Central deputation tenure of Sandip Mukund Pradhan IRS , Director General (DG), Sports Authority of India (SAI), Department of Sports for a period of two years on 06.06.2020.
♦IndiGo appoints Venkataramani Sumantran as independent director
- Venkataramani Sumantran, the chairman and managing director of Chennai-based Celeris Technologies, has been appointed the independent director of IndiGo on 29th May.
- Sumantran will hold the post for the next five years.
♦PFC board clears RS Dhillon’s appointment as CMD from June 1
- State-run Power Finance Corporation on 29th May announced the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as Chairman and Managing Director from June 1 following superannuation of Rajeev Sharma this month.
- Dhillon’s appointment as Chairman and Managing Director will be with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 2020, He would hold the post till the date of his superannuation (May 31, 2023) or until further orders.
♦WADA 4-Year Ban To Long-Distance Runner Kiranjeet Kaur For Doping Violation
- Long-distance runner Kiranjeet Kaur, who won the Tata Steel Kolkata 25K among the Indians last year, has been handed a four-year ban by World Athletics’ anti-doping body for returning positive for a banned substance in a test conducted in Doha.
- Her ban period has begun from December 15, the date of in-competition sample collection. She was provisionally suspended by World Athletics on February 26.
- “Disqualification of all competitive results obtained by the athlete between 15 December 2019 and 26 February 2020.
Recently Ban player
- Discus thrower Sandeep Kumari banned for four years
- Umar Akmal (Pak cricketer) banned for three years from all forms of cricket for corruption charges
- Middle distance runner Jhuma Khatun handed 4-year ban for dope flunk
- ICC bans Deepak Agarwal from all cricket for 2 years
- NADA Suspends Powerlifters Savita Kumari and Ankit Shishodia
♦Kohli only cricket in Forbes top 100 highest-paid athletes; Federer top
- India captain Virat Kohli remained the only cricketer to be included in the list of top 100 highest-paid athletes of 2020 put forward by Forbes magazine. According to Forbes, Kohli had an estimated total earnings of $26 million ($24m from endorsements and $2m from salary/winnings- June 1, 2019, until June 1, 2020). He made a jump of over 30 places from 2019, as he was positioned at the 66th spot in this year’s list.
- Swiss tennis great Roger Federer has become the first from his sport to top Forbes’ list of highest paid athletes. With an estimated $106.3 million earned over the past 12 months.
|1||Roger Federer ($106.3 million)|
|2||Football players with Ronaldo($105 million)|
|3||great Lionel Messi($104 million)|
|4||Brazil’s Neymar ($95.5 million.)|
|66th||Virat Kohli($ 26 million.)|
♦Missile Park ‘Agneeprastha’ to be set up at INS Kalinga
- The foundation stone for a Missile Park “Agneeprastha’ was laid at INS Kalinga by Commodore Rajesh Debnath, Commanding Officer, in the presence of Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Naval Command here on 28th May.
- Once completed, the Missile Park will be dedicated to all the Officers, Sailors and Support Staff of INS Kalinga, who have served in this premier op-support Base of the ENC since its establishment in 1981. The Park also commemorates the award of the prestigious Unit Citation to INS Kalinga for the year 2018-19.
♦29th May: International Everest Day
- International Everest Day is being observed on 29th May. Nepalese Tenzing Norgay and New Zealand’s Edmund Hillary had climbed the Mt. Everest on this day (29th May) in 1953, as the first humans to achieve the feat.
List of important Day (May)
- May 1: Workers’ Day (International Labour Day), Maharashtra Day
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May (1st Sunday): World Laughter Day
- May (1st Tuesday): World Asthma Day
- May (2nd Sunday): Mother’s Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day; International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
♦31st May: World No Tobacco Day 2020
- World No Tobacco Day is an annual event that is observed on May 31st. It aims to spread awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco on health. The campaign also tries to reduce the prevalence of the diseases and deaths due to the consumption of tobacco.
- Theme: “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use.”
List of important Day (May)
- May 8: World Red Cross Day; World Thalassaemia Day
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 15: International Day of the Family
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day; World Hypertension Day
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day; International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
- May 22: International Day for Biological Diversity
- May 24: Commonwealth Day
- May 31: Anti-tobacco Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|