Daily GK Update: 30 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Karnataka tops in total installed renewable capacity: CRISIL Research report
- Karnataka’s total renewable energy installed capacity stood at 15,232 MegaWatt(MW) as on March 31, 2020 against 13,845 MW as on March 31, 2019. According to a CRISIL Research report, Karnataka retained its 1st position in terms of total installed renewable capacity in FY20 followed by Tamil Nadu(2nd) & Gujarat(3rd).
|Position Secured||State||Total installed renewable capacity in Mega Watt (MW)|
|2||Tamil Nadu||14, 347|
♦IMD releases new list of 169 names of tropical cyclones over north Indian Ocean
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on 28th April released a new list with the names of 169 tropical cyclones that are likely to emerge over the north Indian Ocean, including the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean.
- The IMD is one of the six Regional Specialised Meteorological Centres (RSMCs) set up across the globe, along with five regional Tropical Cyclone Warning Centres (TCWCs) that are given the task of issuing advisories and names of tropical cyclones.
- IMD issues advisories regarding upcoming tropical cyclones to 13 member nations, including Bangladesh, India, Iran, Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the UAE and Yemen.
Note: About IMD
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1875
Banking and Financial
♦ADB gives $ 346 mn loan for power sector in rural Maharashtra
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on 29th April announced it has approved a USD 346 million (around Rs 2,616 crore) loan to Indian government to provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- Maharashtra is the second-most populous state in India, and about half of the state’s labour force is engaged in agriculture and related activities in the rural areas.
♦India facilitates $ 150 million foreign currency swap facility to Maldives due to Covid-19
- India has extended $ 150 million foreign currency swap support to Maldives to help reduce the impact of the virus. On behalf of India, this facility has been extended under the $ 400 million currency swap agreement between the two countries signed in July 2019. Maldives is the only country other than Bhutan to have been given this facility.
- Capital– Male
- Currency– Maldivian rufiyaa
- President– Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦PNB Housing Appoints Neeraj Vyas as Interim MD and CEO
- PNB Housing Finance on 28th April said it has appointed Neeraj Vyas as its interim Managing Director and CEO. The term of incumbent Sanjaya Gupta comes to an end on May 4.Neeraj Vyas will be in the new role for a period of eight months, effective from April 28, according to a BSE filing by the company. PNB Housing Finance said the tenure of Sanjaya Gupta as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company shall come to an end on May 4, 2020.
♦Ex-Andhra Bank chief Suresh N Patel to take over as vigilance commissioner
- Former Andhra Bank chief Suresh N Patel will take over as the vigilance commissioner in the anti-corruption watchdog CVC on 29th April, officials said. The post of vigilance commissioner has been lying vacant for over 10 months.
- “Patel will be administered the oath of office by newly-appointed Central Vigilance Commissioner Sanjay Kothari,” an official said on 28th
- The Tenure of Vigilance Commissioner is of four years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years.
- Note: The Central Vigilance commission can have a Central Vigilance Commissioner and two Vigilance Commissioner.
♦Govt. Appointed “T S Tirumurti” India’s Permanent Representative to the UN
- Seasoned diplomat T S Tirumurti, currently serving as Secretary in the the Ministry of External Affairs ministry, was on 29th April appointed as India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- A 1985-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, Tirumurti will succeed Syed Akbaruddin, a prominent face in Indian diplomacy who is credited with successfully presenting the country’s position at the global body on a range of key issues for last several years. Akbaruddin is due to retire shortly.
Note: About UN
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary General: António Guterres
♦ICC bans Deepak Agarwal from all cricket for 2 years
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned Deepak Agarwal from all cricket for two years, with six months of that suspended, after he accepted one charge of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- Agarwal was charged as a participant under the Code due to the fact he was one of the team owners of the Sindhi’s franchise in the 2018 T10 Cricket League. The charge is as follows:
- Article 2.4.7 — obstructing or delaying an investigation, including concealing, tampering with or destroying any documentation or other information that may be relevant to that investigation and / or that may be evidence of or may lead to the discovery of evidence of corrupt conduct under the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- Deepak Agarwal will be free to resume his involvement in the game on October 27, 2021.
♦Former Karnataka batsman J Arunkumar named as USA national team coach
- Former Karnataka batsman J Arun Kumar was on 28th April appointed coach of the USA cricket team and listed earning a Test status, by his own admission a “far-fetched” thought at the moment, among his long-term goals.
- Jak, as he is known in the cricketing circles, has worked with the Karnataka team for several years and as batting coach with IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab.
♦International Guide Dog Day was celebrated on 29 April
- International Guide Dog Day is celebrated on 29 April 2020. The day is celebrated every year on the last Wednesday of April. This day aims to honour the importance of a guide dog that is in the life of a person who is blind or visually impaired. The dog enables people with impaired vision to get around safely by being independent.
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 18 April- World Heritage Day
- 21 April- Civil Services Day
- 22 April- Earth Day
- 23 April- World Book and Copyright Day
♦Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2020 is celebrated on 30 April
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated across the country every year on the 30th of April. The day is significant to help provide and promote affordable medical facilities in the remote parts of the country. The day included a special scheme that was launched by PM Narendra Modi in the year 2018.
♦30 April: International Jazz Day
- International Jazz Day is celebrated on 30 April. The day aims to create awareness around the world of the virtues of jazz as a force of peace, unity, dialogue, and enhanced cooperation among people, and an educational tool. International Jazz Day 2020 is the ninth year celebration of International Jazz Day.
♦Actor Rishi Kapoor passes away
- Bollywood veteran Rishi Kapoor passes away at 67 in Mumbai two-year-long battle with cancer with wife Neetu Kapoor by his side on 30th
- The news was confirmed by megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Twitter. He wrote, “Rishi Kapoor… gone… passed away. I am destroyed !”
♦India’s football legend Chuni Goswami passes away
- Former India football captain Chuni Goswami, 82, passed away in Kolkata on 30th April after a prolonged illness. The captain of the 1962 Asian Games gold-medal winning team, Goswami had also represented Bengal in first-class cricket tournaments.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here