Daily GK Update: 30 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Japanese agency, JICA signs Rs 15,295 crore agreement with Indian Govt.
- The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the Japanese government funding agency, has signed agreements with the Indian government for three rail infrastructure projects, totalling Rs 15,295 crore.
- JICA has awarded Rs 8,553 cr for the first phase of the Dedicated Freight Corridor, Rs 4,262 cr for Mumbai Trans Harbour Link Project and Rs 2,480 cr for the Mumbai Metro Line-3 Project, in these deals.
Note: About Japan
- Population: 12.68 crores (2017)
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
Banking and Financial
♦GDP may grow just 2% in 2020-21: Icra
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is likely to contract by 4.5 per cent in the April-June 2020 quarter and will rise by only 2 per cent in 2020-21 on the coronavirus impact, according to domestic rating agency Icra.
- The Indian economy was already supposed to clock a decadal low growth of 5 per cent in 2019-20, according to official estimates, and the coronavirus-related worries have only compounded the problems.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
♦Punjab National Bank unveils new logo
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has unveiled a new logo as it merges United Bank of India and OBC with it, with effect from April 1.
- The new logo will bear distinct signages of all the three public sector lenders.
- With this, PNB is set to become the second largest lender in the country.
Note: About PNB
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Tag Line: The Name you can Bank Upon
♦Chennai Port acquires centre 67% stake in Kamarajar Port for 2,383 crore
- The Chennai Port Trust on 27th March acquired about 67 per cent stake held by the Central government in the country’s first corporate port Kamarajar Port Ltd (KPL) for Rs 2,383 crore.
- Chennai Port will continue to focus on clean cargo like container, cars, liquid cargo, cruise and passenger traffic and on the utilisation of existing capacity to the maximum possible extent.
♦BP Kanungo reappointed as RBI’s deputy governor for 1 year
- BP Kanungo was reappointed as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India on 27th March.
- His reappointment came after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet approved Kanungo’s term extension for a period of one year with effect from March 27.
- Kanungo’s tenure was to end on April 3.
Note: About RBI
- Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor – MK Jain, Micheal Patra, BP Kanungo
♦Tokyo Olympics rescheduled to July 23-August 8 in 2021
- The Tokyo Olympics will open next year in the same time slot scheduled for this year’s games.
- Tokyo organizers said on 30th March the opening ceremony will take place on July 23, 2021 — almost exactly one year after the games were due to start this year.
- Last week, the IOC and Japanese organizers postponed the Olympics until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- This year’s games were scheduled to open on July 24 and close on August 9. But the near exact one-year delay will see the rescheduled closing ceremony on August 8.
♦Indian shot putter banned for four years for flunking dope test
- Indian shot putter Navin Chikara was, on 28th March, suspended for four years by global athletics body’s (IAAF) Athletics Integrity Unit for failing an out-of-competition dope test in 2018.
- Chikara, 23, has been banned for use of a prohibited substance and his four-year suspension starts from July 27, 2018.
Note: List of Recent Banned Players
- Ravinder Kumar- Wrestler
- Amit Dahiya- Javelin Thrower
- Sarbjeet Kaur- Weightlifter
- Seema- Weightlifter
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|