Daily GK Update 31 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UP Govt Launches ‘Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana’
- Deputy Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Keshav Prasad Maurya on 29th August launched the Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana under which 19 international players from the state will get road connectivity to their houses.
- Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar, former pacer Praveen Kumar, Piyush Chawla and Mohammad Kaif are among the 19 athletes who will be benefited from the scheme.
Note: About UP
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
♦Kerala celebrate Onam 2020
- This year, it began on August 22 and will end on August 31. Onam 2020 Date: Onam is the annual harvest festival of Kerala.
- It is celebrated for 10 days. According to the Gregorian calendar, it is celebrated in the months of August-September which falls in the month of Chingam.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
International (Current Affairs)
♦India 72nd on global list with average monthly wage of Rs 32,800, Switzerland Tops: Picodi.com
- India has been ranked a lowly 72nd among 106 countries With an average monthly wage of Rs 32,800 ($437), while Switzerland topped the chart, according to a global ranking of average wages prepared by Picodi.com.
- Switzerland, where the average wage converted into rupees amounts to Rs 4,49,000 ($5,989), topped the ranking, while in Cuba the average wage is the lowest at Rs 2,700 ($36).
|1||Switzerland – Rs. 4,49,000 ($5,989)|
|2||Luxembourg – 3,00,900 ($4,014)|
|3||US- Rs 2,64,900 ($3,534)|
|5||Hong Kong- ($3,024)|
|72||India- Rs 32,800 ($437)|
|106 (Last)||Cuba- Rs 2,700 ($36).|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142nd
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
♦Lebanon President Aoun designates Mustapha Adib as Prime Minister
- Lebanese President Michel Aoun designated Mustapha Adib on Aug 31 to form a new Prime Minister after he secured the support of a majority of lawmakers.
- The previous Prime Minister Hassan Diab quit on Aug 10 in the wake of the catastrophic explosion at Beirut port.
Note: About Lebanon
- Capital: Beirut
- Currency: Lebanese pound
♦Lewis Hamilton win Belgian Grand Prix 2020
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) led from start to finish at the Belgian Grand Prix to clinch his 89th career win and move two behind Michael Schumacher’s Formula One record on 30th August.
- V. Bottas (Mercedes) second Position and M. Verstappen (Red Bull) third position.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Styrian Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Netherland)
- Spanish Grand Prix– Lewis Hamilton
♦India to host BRICS Games 2021 during Khelo India Games
- Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced that India is planning to host BRICS Games 2021 aligned with Khelo India Games.
- “BRICS Games 2021 will be held during the same time and at same venues as of Khelo India Games 2021 so that our players from various parts of the country who will gather for Khelo India Games will have the benefit and great opportunity of witnessing BRICS Games from close quarters.
- This will be a great morale booster and a motivational moment for them.”
♦India withdraws from Russia’s KavKaz 2020 Military
- India recently announced its withdrawal from the KavKaz Military Exercise to be held in Russia. The exercise is to be held between September 15, 2020 and September 26, 2020.
- Reason: China, Pakistan and member nations of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) are set to take part in the strategic command-post exercise KavKaz 2020.
Defence Exercise Between India and Russia
- INDRA Naval Exercise
- Aviaindra Air Force Exercise
- The TSENTR is a multi-lateral exercise
♦India’s first woman cardiologist Dr Padmavati passes away
- Noted cardiologist Dr S Padmavati has died at 103 due to COVID-19, the National Heart Institute said on 30th August.
- “Dr S Padmavati, an eminent cardiologist, rather the first female cardiologist of India, popularly known as ”God Mother of Cardiology”
♦Former President Pranab Mukherjee passes away
- Former president Pranab Mukherjee, who had recently undergone a surgery for removal of a clot in his brain, passed away on August 31. He was 84. Prior to the surgery, the Mukherjee had also tested positive for COVID-19.
- Before serving as the President of India between 2012 and 2017, Mukherjee was a senior union minister in the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O
|Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)
|Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here