Table of Contents
Daily GK Update, 31 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MoU between India & Zimbabwe on traditional medicine, homeopathy
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Republic of India and the Republic of Zimbabwe on Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy. The MoU was signed on November 3rd, 2018.
- This will provide a frame work for the cooperation between the two countries for the promotion of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy and will mutually benefit the two countries in the field of Traditional Medicine.
Note: About Zimbabwe
- Currencies: United States Dollar, RTGS dollar
- Capital: Harare
- President: Emmerson Mnangagwa
♦PFC signs agreement with IIT-Kanpur for research, training in smart grid technology
- Power Finance Corporation, PFC, a PSU under Ministry of Power has signed an agreement with Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur for Training, Research, and Entrepreneurship Development in Smart Grid Technology.
- Aim:The objective of the pact is to provide support to IIT-Kanpur in developing infrastructure for research and development on smart grid technology.
♦Green-Ag project launched in Mizoram
- A project which aims to catalyse sustainable transformation of agriculture without compromising the countrys food security and farmers income was launched in Mizoram.
- The project will be implemented in Dampa Tiger Reserve in west Mizorams Mamit district and Thorangtlang Wildlife Sanctuary in Lunglei district in the southern part of the state covering more than 30 villages.
- Mizoram is among the five states where the Green-Ag project, funded by Global Environment Facility (GEF), is being implemented. The other states are Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
- The project seeks to mainstream biodiversity, climate change, sustainable land management objectives and practices into the agriculture sector.
Note: About Mizoram
- Capital: Aizawl
- Chief minister: Zoramthanga
- Governor: P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
♦Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur tops Niti’s delta ranking
- Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh has topped the list of aspirational districts ranked by government think-tank Niti Aayog for the February-June 2020 period.
- The delta rankings took into account incremental progress made by over 112 aspirational districts across six developmental areas during February-June this year.
- Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development and basic infrastructure were the development areas that were taken into consideration for the ranking.
- 2nd Rank: Ri-Bhoi (Meghalaya)
- 3rd Rank: Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh)
- 4th Rank: Nawada (Bihar)
- 5th Rank: Moga (Punjab)
♦Three Chennai Metro stations renamed after Anna, MGR and Jayalalithaa
- The Tamil Nadu government on 31st July renamed three Chennai Metro stations after former Chief Ministers C.N. Annadurai, M.G. Ramachandran and Jayalalithaa.
- Alandur Metro station: Now, Arignar Anna Alandur Metro
- Central Metro Station: Now, Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G.
- CMBT metro stations: Now, Puratchi Thalaivi Dr. J. Jayalalithaa CMBT Metro
International (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi to virtually inaugurate new Supreme Court building in Mauritius
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Mauritius counterpart Pravind Jugnauth will jointly inaugurate the new Supreme Court building of Mauritius on July 30.
- The virtual inauguration will take place through video-conference in presence of senior members of Judiciary from Mauritius and other dignitaries from both the countries.
Note: About Mauritius
- Capital: Port Louis
- Currency: Mauritian rupee
Banking and Financial
♦Sebi slaps Rs 2 cr fine on 4 entities in HDFC AMC front-running case
- Markets regulator Sebi on 30th July posed a penalty totalling Rs 2 crore on four entities in HDFC Asset Management Company (AMC) front-running case.
- Front-running refers to an unethical practice by someone trading in shares on the basis of advance information given by a broker, analyst or other executive at a market intermediary before the trades are conducted by that entity.
- The regulator levied a fine of Rs 50 lakh each on Nilesh Kapadia and Dharmesh Shah, Rs Ramachandran Central Metro
- 40 lakh on Ashok Nayak and Rs 60 lakh on IKAB Securities and Investments Ltd.
♦Wipro announced selected as strategic partner by Metro Bank to drive IT transformation
- Wipro Limited on 30th July announced that Metro Bank, a large UK-based retail and commercial bank, has awarded a multi-year contract to deliver and transform testing and environment management services.
- As part of this partnership, Wipro said in a statement it will leverage its digital and quality engineering capabilities to drive transformation through automation, service virtualisation and DevSecOps enablement.
- This will help Metro Bank achieve its objectives around cost, pace and quality of operations and further differentiate them from other high street banks
♦Hardik Satishchandra Shah appointed personal secretary to PM Modi
- Hardik Satishchandra Shah was appointed Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 30th July
- Shah is a 2010-batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre and is currently serving as a Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
♦5 Rafale jets, first batch from France, land at Ambala air base
- The first five of the 36 Rafale fighter jets India procured from the Dassault Aviation company of France arrived in Haryana’s Ambala Indian Air Force (IAF) station on 29th July.
- The aircraft landed nearly three-and-a-half hours after they took off from Al Dhafra airbase of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
♦1st August: “Muslim Women Rights Day” organised at National Commission for Minorities
- Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was addressing Muslim women from across the country through virtual conference along with Union Law Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smt Smriti Irani on the occasion of “Muslim Women Rights Day”.
- 1st August is a day which made Muslim women free from social evil of Triple Talaq; 1st August has been recorded in the country’s history as “Muslim Women Rights Day”. 1st August will remain as a golden moment of Indian democracy and Parliamentary history.”
♦30th July: World Friendship Day
- July 30 was marked as the World Friendship Day in 1958 by the World Friendship Crusade.
- This was the first time the date was proposed. Then on April 27, 2011, the General Assembly of the United Nations declared July 30 as official International Friendship Day.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here