Daily GK Update 31 Oct & 1 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UNESCO allots India’s Panna Tiger Reserve ‘Biosphere Reserve’ status
- UNESCO allots India’s Panna Tiger Reserve ‘Biosphere Reserve’ status after it brought its tiger population back from zero to 54 in ten years. In Madhya Pradesh, Panna Tiger Reserve, which once saw its entire tiger population disappear, has now been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, a site that will serve as a lab to test innovative approaches to eco-conservation and sustainability.
- Biosphere reserves are designated by local governments, and sent to UNESCO for global status. Panna was designated a biosphere reserve by India in 2011. For all practical purposes, it remains under the care and protection of the local government.
- “Biosphere Reserves are learning places for sustainable development whose aim is to reconcile biodiversity conservation and the sustainable use of natural resources.
Note: About UNESCO
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
- Founded: 16 November 1945
♦Feni Bridge to be completed by December 2020
- The Feni bridge is 1.8 km long joining Sabrum in India with Ramgarh in Bangladesh. The Government of India recently announced that the bridge construction is to be completed by December 2020.
- The bridge is to be built over Feni river. It will link Tripura with Bangladesh. After completion, the bridge will be the only land link between India’s eastern states and its western states other than Assam.
- The key stone for the bridge was officially laid by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in June 2015.
♦PM Modi inaugurates “Arogya Van’ at Kevadia, Gujarat
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated “Arogya Van” in Kevadia, Gujarat on October 30, 2020. This was launched in the aftermath of Ekta Diwas celebrations which is being observed on October 31, 2020. The prime minister is on a two day visit to the state and also participated in the Ekta Diwas celebration.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated the Sardar Patel Zoological Park which is popularly known as the “Jungle Safari” in Kevadia. Apart from that, he also inaugurated “Ekta Mall” which is a nutrition park for children in Kevadia.
- Aims: The Arogya Van will help India to preserve its traditional plant species and its applications. The diet of India was full of green leafy vegetables, fruits, pulses, grains, milk and eggs, traditionally Herbs were naturally added to support human livings and to enhance the taste of the food as well.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
♦Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) 2020 for Rural India
- The Annual Status of Education Report (ASER) for Rural India was recently released by the autonomous research and assessment unit Pratham Education Foundation.
- This year, the survey was conducted over phone calls. The survey was carried out in 26 states and 4 Union Territories. It surveyed around 52,227 households and 59,251 children in the age group of 5-16 years. It also surveyed 8963 teachers and principals.
- Punjab had 88 %, Himachal had 90% while Haryana had 82.3% children had access smartphones. Kerala topped the list with 94.3%.
- The survey highlighted that around 20% of children in rural areas had no access to textbooks.
- Eastern India performed well as over 98% children had access to textbooks in states like West Bengal, Nagaland, and Assam.
- As per the survey, around one in three rural children had not involved in learning activity at all.
- 3% of rural children aged 6-10 years had not yet enrolled in school this year, the report.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Super typhoon goni hit philippines
- A powerful super typhoon slammed into the eastern Philippines with ferocious winds on 1st November.
- Typhoon Goni hit the island province of Catanduanes at dawn with sustained winds of 225 kilometers (140 miles) per hour and gusts of 280 kph (174 mph). It was barreling west toward densely populated regions, including Manila.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2020)
- Tropical Storm “Cristobal”: Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts. (US)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
♦Film “Gully Boy” Wins Best Original Score At 14th Asian Film Awards
- The 14th Asian Film Awards (“AFA14”) were announced on 28 October 2020 virtually by the Asian Film Awards Academy (“AFAA”). Ranveer Singh and, Alia Bhatt starrer Gully Boy bagged the award for the Best Original Score at the event.
- Best Film: Parasite (South Korea)
- Best Director: Wang Xiaoshuai for So Long, My Son (China)
- Best Actor: Lee Byung-hun – The Man Standing Next (South Korea)
- Best Actress: Zhou Dongyu – Better Days (China)
♦Aleem Dar breaks Rudi Koertzen’s record of most ODIs as on-field umpire
- Aleem Dar on 1st November broke the record for most ODIs as an on-field umpire when he stood for his 210th match in the series’ second match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe here. The 52-year-old from Pakistan surpassed South African Rudi Koertzen’s record of officiating in most ODIs.
- Dar also holds the record of umpiring in most Test matches. He achieved the feat when he officiated in his 132nd match last year — Australia vs New Zealand in Perth in December.
Book & Author
♦ Bye Bye Corona World’s first scientoon book released by Anandiben Patel
- “Bye Bye Corona” World’s first scientoon book was Dr Pradeep Srivastava, former Senior Principal Scientist at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, (CDRI) Lucknow and released by Anandiben Patel, Uttar Pradesh Governor.
- Bye Bye Corona offers a perspective insight into the intricacies of the deadly Covid-19 without scaring the reader. The basic purpose of the scientoon book is to make people aware of COVID-19 in an engaging way.
♦31st October: National Unity Day 2020
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day is celebrated on 31st October every year since 2014 to mark the birth anniversary of Iron Man of India–Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. This year marks the 144th birth anniversary of the freedom fighter and an ace politician.
- On this day, people recall the great works of Sardar Patel and acknowledge them by celebrating Rashtriya Ekta Diwas. People gathered and celebrate the unity of the nation by delivering speeches, spread knowledge etc.
♦31 October: World Cities Day
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated the 31st of October as World Cities Day.
- The Day is celebrated to promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
- Theme 2020: Valuing Our Communities and Cities
♦1st Nov: World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is an annual event celebrated by vegans around the world every 1 November.
- The benefits of veganism for humans and the natural environment are celebrated through activities such as setting up stalls, hosting potlucks, and planting memorial trees.
♦Foundation day of 8 Indian states on 1 November
- On November 1, several Indian states including Kerala, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are observing formation day while Delhi, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar were given the status of union territories on this day.
- Every state in India is known for its unique culture and demography.
- Andhra Pradesh -1 November 1956
- Tamil Nadu -1 November 1956
- Kerala -1 November 1956
- Chhattisgarh -1 November 2000
- Karnataka –1 November 1956
- Haryana -1 November 1966
- Punjab -1 November 1966
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|