Daily GK Update 3 & 4 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦West Bengal Launches Pathashree Abhijan Scheme To Repair Roads In State
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on 1st September launched the Pathashree Abhijan, a road repair scheme, where more than 7,000 stretches of roads comprising 12,000 kilometers across the state will be repaired.
- Informing about the same, the Chief Minister said that under the scheme the roads will be repaired in a mission mode and in a time-bound manner.
♦HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of world’s most influential CMOs
- Ravi Santhanam, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), HDFC Bank has been recognized in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Influential CMOs’.
- Ranked at Number 39, he is the only CMO of an Indian company to be featured in the illustrious list which includes marketing heads of Apple, BMW, Lego, Adobe, Microsoft, P&G among others.
Banking & Financial
♦NABARD launches refinance scheme for WASH programme, earmarks Rs 800 cr for FY”21
- In a bid to promote sustainable and healthy lifestyle in rural areas, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) on 1st October announced a special refinance facility to support the government”s Water, Sanitisation and Hygiene (WASH) programme.
- An amount of Rs 800 crore has been earmarked for this purpose for the financial year 2020-21. NABARD will provide concessional refinance to all eligible financial institutions, including commercial banks, regional rural banks and cooperative banks, with a repayment period of up to 36 months.
- The support will be channelised to fund WASH activities, a thrust area eligible for 95 per cent refinance. The bank credit will also be extended to NBFCs-MFIs (Non-Banking Financial Companies-Microfinance Institutions) and other MFIs (Societies, Trusts, etc).
Note: About Nabard
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: G.R. Chintala
♦Mubadala to invest Rs 6,247.5 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.4 per cent stake
- Reliance Industries said on 30th September Abu Dhabi’s sovereign fund, Mubadala Investment Co, would invest Rs 6,247 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures, becoming the latest in a bevy of global funds injecting billions of dollars in the holding entity of India’s largest retailer.
- The deal will give Mubadala a 1.4% stake, valuing Reliance Retail before the investment at Rs 4.28 lakh crore.
♦GIC, TPG to invest Rs 7,350 crore in Reliance Retail
- Reliance Industries on 3rd September said two investors GIC and TPG will invest a total of Rs 7,350 crore in its retail venture at a pre-money equity of Rs 4,285 crore.
- While GIC will invest Rs 5,512.5 crore for a 1.22 per cent equity stake on a fully diluted basis, TPG will invest Rs 1,837.50 crore for a 0.41 per cent stake at a similar valuation.
List of Reliance Retail stake holder
- Mubadala Investment– Rs 6,247.5 crore (1.40%)
- Silver Lake Partners– Rs. 7500cr. (1.75%)
- US buyout firm KKR & Co – Rs 5,550 crore (1.28%
- General Atlantic- Rs 3,675 crore (0.84%)
- Silver Lake co-investor-Rs 1,875 crore (0.38%)
♦AAP Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh chosen for ‘Gandhi’ Award
- Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh Selected for Gandhi Award of MGNF Raja sabha MP sanjay singh chosen for gandhi award by Mahahtma Ghandhi National Foundation.
- He was instrumental in India”s Diplomatic intervation to remove Mahatma Ghandhi’s Image on beer bottles of Private company in Isreal. Sanjay singh raised the issue in the Parliament.
♦Jal Shakti Minister presented 2020 Swachh Bharat Awards
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presented the Swachh Bharat Awards 2020 particularly under the drinking water and cleanliness categories. The awards were given to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats. GoI had earlier launched three missions namely Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan and Gandagi Mukth Bharat.
Samudayik Shouchalaya Category
- Gujarat won the first prize at state level.
- Tirunelveli of Tamil Nadu got the first prize at district level.
- Kharchrod block in Ujjain district, Madhya Pradesh won the first prize at block level.
- Chinnanur village of Tamil Nadu got the first prize a Gram Panchayat level
Samudayik Shouchalya category
- Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh came out to be best performing states.
- Prayagraj and Bareilly were the best performing districts.
Gandagi Mukt Bharat Mission
- Telangana and Haryana got the first prize.
♦India-Bangladesh begin Bongosagar and CORPAT Naval Exercises
- The second edition of Indian Navy (IN) – Bangladesh Navy (BN) Bilateral Exercise Bongosagar will commence in Northern Bay of Bengal on 03 October 2020. in the exercise Bongosagar, ships from both the navies will participate in surface warfare drills, seamanship evolutions and helicopter operations.
- First edition of the exercise was held in 2019. It is aimed at developing inter-operability and joint operational skills by conducting a wide range of maritime exercises and operations.
Note: List of Exercises between India-Bangladesh
- Sampriti: India and Bangladesh
- “Mainamati Maitree Exercise: Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB)
♦India successfully test-fires new version of Shaurya Missile
- India successfully test-fired a new version of nuclear-capable Shaurya missile on October 3, 2020 from the coast of Odisha. The missile can strike targets at around 800 kms. This has been launched amid the ongoing tensions at India-China Border.
- It is a canister launched hypersonic surface-to-surface tactical missile. The missile had been developed by the Indian Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Armed Forces uses it.
- Range of the missile is 700 to 1,900 km and it can carry a conventional or nuclear warhead payload of 200kg to 1 ton.
♦Northrop Grumman Launched SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus
- Northrop Grumman has launched their next Cygnus vehicle named as S.S. Kalpana Chawla and a Antares rocket for the NG-14 mission to the International Space Station (ISS) on October 2, 2020 from Pad 0A at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Virginia.
- This capsule will deliver thousands kilograms/pounds of equipment, crew supplies, and science to the ISS.
♦4 October: World Animal Welfare Day
- Every year October 4 is marked as the World Animal Day. This year as well, people around the world will be celebrating the day which reinforces celebrating nature and its millions of creatures. The World Animal Day significance is appreciating co-existence of humans as well as animals on one home that is planet Earth.
- The main aim of the day is to understand the importance of co-existing with animals of all kinds. The day reinforces improving standards of animal welfare.
♦October 2: World Day For Farmed Animals
- World Day for Farmed Animals was celebrated on October 2, 2020 by the International animals’ welfare organization, World Animal Protection along with the Asia for Animals coalition in order to bring the focus on the need to treat farm animals as sentient beings.
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary Mahatma Gandhi who was a animal lover. The day is being organised by the Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) since 1983.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account