Daily GK Update 3 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India invites UK’s Johnson as 2021 Republic Day chief guest
- United Kingdom Prime Minister, Boris Johnson to be the chief guest at 2021 Republic day with Prime Minister Narendra Modi formally inviting him.
- Johnson, on his part, has invited PM Modi to the G-7 summit in the United Kingdom next year. The last British prime minister at the Republic Day parade was John Major in 1993.
Note List of previous year chief guest
- 1950 (First)- President Sukarno (Indonesia)
- 2017– Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (United Arab Emirates)
- 2018– Ten guests (Heads of ASEAN states)
- 2019– President Cyril Ramaphosa (South Africa)
- 2020– President Jair Messias Bolsonaro (Brazil)
International (Current Affairs)
♦India 8th Most Impacted By Terrorism: Global Terrorism Index 2020
- The Global Terrorism Index 2020 ranks India as 8th in the world on a list of countries most affected by terrorism in 2019, with 558 incidents that killed 277 and injured 439. Further, the report marks South Asia as region worst affected by terrorism for the second year in a row.
- “Compared to other countries amongst the ten most impacted, India faces a wider range of terrorist groups, with Islamist, communist, and separatist groups active across the country.
- Rank 1: Afghanistan
- Rank 2: Iraq
- Rank 3: Nigeria
- Rank 135: 25 Counties
- Rank 134: Uzbekistan
- Rank 133: UAE
Banking & Financial
♦ADB Approves $430 Million to Help Rehabilitate Power Distribution Networks in Uttar Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $430 million multitranche financing facility (MFF) to improve the quality and reliability of electricity supply in Uttar Pradesh in India.
- The Uttar Pradesh Power Distribution Network Rehabilitation Project will improve the efficiency and sustainability of power supply in Uttar Pradesh. The project will finance the conversion of 65,000 kilometers (km) of rural low-voltage distribution lines from bare conductors to aerial bundle conductors to benefit an estimated 70 million people in 46,000 rural villages.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
♦Reliance Industries tops Fortune 500 list of Indian firms; IOC in 2nd spot
- Oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd topped the Fortune 500 list of Indian companies, Fortune India announced on 2nd Dec.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC), the nation’s biggest oil firm, bagged the second spot, followed by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at the third. The list was published by Fortune India, which is part of the Kolkata-based R.P. Sanjiv Goenka Group.
Top 5 Rank
- Rank 1: Reliance Industries Ltd
- Rank 2: IOC
- Rank 3: ONGC
- Rank 4: SBI
- Rank 5: BPCL
♦RBI ban on HDFC Bank digital launches & selling new credit cards
- The Reserve Bank of India move to temporarily halt all digital launches and sourcing new credit card customers for HDFC Bank could stay for three to six months.
- The bank could apply to the RBI for a review of its decision only after fixing the technology and scale issues, the brokerage house noted. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has advised the bank to halt all its digital launches as well new sourcing of credit card customers.
Note: About HDFC
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
♦UP CM Yogi Adityanath rings Bell at BSE for listing bond of Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC)
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath along with prominent industrialists on 2nd Dec attended the listing of Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC) bond at the Bombay Stock Exchange in Mumbai.
- Lucknow now becomes the ninth city in India to have raised municipal bonds and the first city in UP, first city to issue such a bond after the launch of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Scheme.
♦Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhary becomes new Director-General of BRO
- Lt Gen Rajeev Chaudhary has been appointed as the 27th Director General of Border Roads Organisation (BRO). His appointment is effective from 1st December 2020. Lt Gen Chaudhary succeeds Lt Gen Harpal Singh who has been appointed as the new Engineer-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- The BRO is responsible for construction and maintenance of all border roads.
♦December 3: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Every year, International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated on December 3 by the United Nations and several other organisations spread all over the world.
- Theme 2020: “Building Back Better: Towards a disability-inclusive accessible and sustainable post COVID-19 World”.
♦3rd Dec: Dr Rajendra Prasad Jayanti
- The first president of India, Rajendra Prasad was born on December 3, 1884, in Ziradei, Bengal Presidency (present-day Bihar). Dr. Rajendra Prasad was a lawyer, teacher, writer, and India’s freedom fighter. He held the office of the first President of India from 1950 to 1962.
- He was awarded the highest civilian award – Bharat Ratna – in 1962. Dr. Rajendra Prasad died on February 28, 1963, at the age of 78.
♦MDH owner ‘Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati passes away
- MDH owner ‘Mahashay’ Dharampal Gulati passed away on 3rd Dec. He was 97. In 2019, the government honoured him with Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in the country.
- About Dharampal Gulati: As the business took off, Dharampal rented another shop in Chandni Chowk in 1953. He purchased a plot in Kirti Nagar in 1959 to start his own factory, and this led to the birth of Mahashian Di Hatti Limited (MDH). MDH now exports spices to countries across the world such as Switzerland, Japan, the US, and Canada.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|