Daily GK Update: 4 & 5 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Odisha government, UNICEF launch ‘Mo Prativa’ to engage young minds amid COVID-19 lockdown
- Odisha government in collaboration with the UNICEF has launched an online competition programme ‘Mo Prativa’ to engage the children and youth who are staying at home during the lockdown.
- Those in the age group of 5 to 18 years can participate in art, slogan writing, short story writing (within 500 words), poem writing and poster making, that winning entries will get certificates and may be used in IEC materials.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
International (Current Affairs)
♦Act against China for spreading COVID-19: International Court of Jurists to UNHRC
- The International Court of Jurists has urged the United Nations Human Rights Council to make China pay “exemplary damages” for committing “grave offences against humanity” by spreading coronavirus.
- The complaint said the Chinese government’s inaction in controlling the spread has resulted in recession across the world and loss of trillions of dollars and has rendered millions of workers jobless.
Note: International Court of Jurists
- Formation: 1952
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Acting President: Robert Goldman (since 2017)
♦India seeks $6 billion of loans from ADB, AIIB to fight coronavirus pandemic
- India is seeking loans worth $6 billion from multilateral institutions including the Asian Development Bank to combat COVID-19.
- The central government is in talks with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and ADB to secure these loans to further the testing and infrastructure facilities in the country.
- India has already secured $1 billion funding from the World Bank to better its health sector for fighting against the coronavirus pandemic according to previous reports.
Banking and Financial
♦ADB expects India GDP to slip to 4 pc in 2020-21
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected India’ growth to slow down to 4% in the current fiscal year, citing weak global demand and the government’s Covid-19 containment efforts. The outlook for India remains subdued, with growth slowing from 5.0% last fiscal year to 4.0% this year, it said in the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 released on 3rd April.
- The ADO is its annual flagship economic publication. The bank expects the country’s gross domestic product growth to strengthen to 6.2% in FY22, boosted by government reforms. The forecast assumes that the Covid-19 pandemic dissipates and full economic activity resumes from the second quarter of this fiscal year.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
Justice Rajnesh Oswal sworn in as permanent Judge of High Court of J&K, Ladakh under Indian Constitution
- Justice Rajnesh Oswal was sworn in as a permanent Judge of the common High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. He was administered oath of office by Chief Justice Jammu and Kashmir High Court, Justice Gita Mittal in a simple but impressive ceremony in Jammu. He is the first Judge of the High Court to take oath under the Indian Constitution.
♦4th April: International Mine Awareness Day
- The United Nations’ International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed on April 4 each year. This day aims to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication. Mine Awareness Day aims to raise awareness about the dangers of landmines.
Note: List of March’s Important Day
- 1st March-World civil defence day
- 3rd March-World Hearing Day
- 3rd March-World Wildlife Day
- 8th March-International Women’s Day
- 15th March-World Consumer Rights Day
♦Gita Ramjee, renowned Indian-origin virologist, dies from coronavirus
- World-renowned virologist Gita Ramjee has become the first Indian-origin South African to have died after contracting the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) that has killed five people in the country.
- Ramjee, a stellar vaccine scientist and an HIV prevention research leader, had returned from London a week ago but reportedly showed no symptoms of COVID-19.
♦Emmy award-winning musician Adam Schlesinger dies at 52 of COVID-19
- Emmy winner Adam Schlesinger, best known as the co-founder of the 2000s pop-rock band Fountains of Wayne, has succumbed to coronavirus complications. He was 52.
- The composer was admitted to hospital after testing positive for COVID-19 infection and was on ventilator.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here