Daily GK Update, 4 & 5 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs )
♦Vice President of India to launch Elyments, First Indian Social Media Super App
- Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu is to launch Elyments, the first Indian Social Media Super App, on 5th July 2020. More than 1000 IT professionals jointly created the indigenous first social media super-app.
- Elyments was built with an aim to keep the user’s privacy in mind, as a primary concern. The product was designed by India’s top privacy professionals. Data of users will be stored in the app and will never be shared with a third party without the user’s explicit consent. The app is available in more than eight Indian languages.
Elyments also aims to launch:
- Audio/ Video conference calls
- Secure payments via Elyments Pay
- Public profiles who users can Follow/Subscribe
- Curated commerce platform to promote Indian brands
- Regional voice commands
♦Delhi L-G Anil Baijal inaugurates world’s ‘largest’ COVID care centre
- Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal inaugurated the 10,000-bed Sardar Patel COVID care centre, the “largest” of its kind in the world, at the Radha Soami Satsang Beas here on 5th July.
- The centre has been set up in Chhatarpur for treating mild and asymptomatic coronavirus patients.
- It will also serve as a treatment centre for those who are asymptomatic but cannot afford home isolation.
♦AMC launched Dhanvantri Rath to take Non-COVID healthcare services to doorsteps in Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) has launched Dhanvantri Rath to take Non-COVID healthcare services to peoples’ doorsteps amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Aims”: The aim is to ensure that non-COVID essential services related to diabetes, blood pressure, heart ailment, etc., are also provisioned to people who cannot visit the hospitals as many of them were not operating the OPDs.
♦Maharashtra Government and UK India Business Council Extend MoU to Foster Sustainable Business
- Maharashtra Govt.and UK India Business Council today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC), the premier industrial infrastructure development agency of the Government of Maharashtra.
- Purpose: This business framework between the UKIBC and Government of Maharashtra will help the State to proactively better its business environment and strengthen its collaboration with British business.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- CM: Uddhav Thackeray
International (Current Affairs)
♦ADB Becomes Observer Of Network For Greening The Financial System
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has joined the central banks and supervisors Network for Greening the Financial System (NGFS) as an observer.
- NGFS, launched at the Paris One Planet Summit on December 12, 2017, is a group of central banks and supervisors willing to share best practices and contribute to the development of environment and climate risk management in the financial sector while mobilising mainstream finance to support the transition toward a sustainable economy. “NGFS is a valuable network to share ADB’s approaches and experience in addressing climate risk management in the financial sector,” said ADB Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada.
- ADB joins the ranks of the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation, the International Monetary Fund, and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development as NGFS observers.
- ADB’s inclusion to the NGFS is aligned with the goals in its corporate strategy, the Strategy 2030, particularly in tackling climate change, building climate and disaster resilience, and enhancing environmental sustainability; fostering regional cooperation and integration; and strengthening governance and institutional capacity.
Note: About ADB
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Founded: 19 December 1966
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC Bank to Offer ‘ZipDrive’, an Online Instant Auto Loans to its Customers
- HDFC Bank annouced it will offer ZipDrive instant auto loans to customers in 1,000 cities across India. ZipDrive is HDFC Bank’s instant auto loan disbursal product for customers with pre-approved offer. The product will now be available in tier 2 and 3 cities across India.
- Aims: Under the scheme, HDFC Bank customers are given pre-approved loan offers using the bank’s proprietary algorithm and analytics. Customers can select car model, dealer, loan amount within eligible limits and tenure online.
Note: About HDFC
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
♦KKR to buy 54% Stake in JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
- Global investment firm KKR will buy a 54% equity stake in JB Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, a Mumbai based pharmaceutical major for Rs 3,109 crore.
- KKR will make the investment through its subsidiaries, Tau Investments Holdings Pte. Ltd., Tau Holdco Pte. Ltd., and KKR Asia III Fund Investments Pte.
♦Delhi School Girl Receives Prestigious Diana Award for Positive Contribution to Society
- Thirteen-year-old Freya Thakral, a student from The British School, New Delhi, has been bestowed with the highest accolade a young person can achieve for social action or humanitarian efforts – The Diana Award. She has been added to the roll of honours on Princess Diana’s birthday – July 1, 2020.
- Established in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, the award is given out by the charity of the same name and has the support of both her sons, The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex.
♦Lt. Col. Bharat Pannu creates history by securing a podium place at the first edition of Virtual Race Across America
- Lt. Col. Bharat Pannu, a serving Indian Army Officer created history on 28th June 2020 by successfully securing a podium place at the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America (VRAAM) 2020 and became the first Indian ever to win a podium place at an international ultracycling race.
- He is an Army officer posted with Army’s Aviation Test Team. The Race Across America (RAAM) is a 5000 km transcontinental race from the West coast to East coast of the United States of America with a cut-off time of 12 days.
- Lt. Col. Pannu finished 3rd on the leaderboard with a total distance of 4086 km in 12 days and total cumulative elevation gain of 71,000 meters.
♦Union HRD Minister and Sports Minister launch ‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’ under Fit India campaign for school children
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs and Ministry of Minority Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju interacted with students here under the Fit India campaign by the Government of India. Olympic medal winner badminton player Ms P.V Sindhu and Indian football team Captain Shri. Sunil Chhetri were also present at the launch of “Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” program organized under the Fit India campaign.
- Shri Rijiju said,“Fit India is becoming people’s movement in the truest sense. Majority of our 1.3 billion population consist of school children. In the last 8-9 months, 2.5 lakh schools have registered under Fit India.
♦Quinton De Kock declared Cricketer of the year in Cricket South Africa’s annual awards
- Quinton de Kock and Laura Wolvaardt received the highest accolade that Cricket South Africa (CSA) has to offer when they were named SA Men’s and SA Women’s Cricketer of the Year in their respective categories at CSA’s virtual awards ceremony.
- Wolvaardt was also named Momentum Proteas ODI Cricketer of the Year and was voted SA Women’s Players’ Player of the Year.
♦First Saturday of July (4th July 2020): International Day of Cooperatives
- The United Nations celebrates the International Day of Cooperatives every year on the first Saturday of July to increase awareness of cooperatives. In the year 2020, the International Day of Cooperatives will be celebrated on 4th July with a focus on the contribution of cooperatives to combating climate change.
- Theme: ‘Cooperatives for Climate Action’
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here