Daily GK Update, 4 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦I&B Minister Launches ‘DD Assam’ Channel Virtually
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar, on August 4, digitally launched “DD Assam,” a 24X7 Assamese satellite channel.
- “The launch of 24X7 satellite channel DD Assam is a great gift to the state of Assam, which sends the message of unity in diversity,”.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mohamed Irfaan Ali New President of Guyana
- Mohamed Irfaan Ali was the presidential candidate of the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) in the March 2020 general election and was sworn in as Guyana’s 10th president on 2 August 2020, after months of legal challenges regarding the integrity of the election and even a consequential recount of all ballots.
Note: About Guyana
- Capital– Georgetown
- Currency– Guyanese Dollar
♦UK considers Gandhi coin to commemorate Indian independence icon
- The United Kingdom is considering minting a coin to commemorate India’s independence hero Mahatma Gandhi, amid growing interest in recognising the contributions of people from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic (BAME) communities.
- “Royal Mint Advisory Committee (RMAC) is currently considering a coin to commemorate Gandhi.
♦IFSCA sets up a panel to formulate plan to develop international retail business chaired by Pradip Shah
- Centres Authority (IFSCA) set up a panel of industry experts to formulate a plan to develop international retail business at the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- The committee will be chaired by Pradip Shah, chairman at Indasia Fund Advisors.
- Purpose: The expert committee was also tasked with strategising to make the IFSC attractive for international financial services and to draw up a roadmap for the growth of international retail at the centre.
♦Sashidhar Jagdishan is the new CEO of HDFC Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Sashidhar Jagdishan as Managing Director and CEO of HDFC Bank for a period of three years from October 27, 2020, when he will take the charge from the outgoing MD Aditya Puri.
- Founded: August 1994
- Tagline: We Understand Your World
♦India withdraws from Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020
- Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) has withdrawn from the Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020 ,due to lack of preparation, time and match-readiness of athletes, which is scheduled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from December 15 to 20,2020.
- President – Debendranath Sarangi.
- Headquarter – Chennai,Tamil Nadu.
Book and Author
♦Bihar CM Nitish Kumar Released a Book Titled “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” Authored by Vijay Kumar Choudhary
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released a book titled, “Siyasat Mein Sadasyata” authored by Bihar Assembly Speaker Vijay Kumar Choudhary. The book is a compilation of the author’s views, three dozen articles on different important issues and his life journey.
- The book was published by Bihar Assembly Secretariat.
♦4th August: Coast Guard Day
- Coast Guard Day is held every August 4 to commemorate the founding of the United States Coast Guard as the Revenue Marine on August 4, 1790, by then-Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- On that date, U.S. Congress, guided by Hamilton, authorized the building of a fleet of the first ten Revenue Service cutters, whose responsibility would be enforcement of the first tariff laws enacted by the U.S. Congress under the U.S. Constitution.
♦Nobel Peace Prize winner John Hume passed away
- John Hume, the visionary politician who won a Nobel Peace Prize for fashioning the agreement that ended violence in his native Northern Ireland, has died at 83.
- The Catholic leader of the moderate Social Democratic and Labour Party, Hume was seen as the principal architect of Northern Ireland’s 1998 peace agreement.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here