Daily GK Update, 4th June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Modi-Morrison online summit: India, Australia ink landmark defence pact
- India and Australia on 4th June elevated their ties to a comprehensive strategic partnership and signed seven agreements including a landmark deal for reciprocal access to military bases for logistics support during an online summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison.
- The Mutual Logistics Support Agreement (MLSA) will allow militaries of the two countries to use each other’s bases for repair and replenishment of supplies besides facilitating scaling up of overall defence cooperation.
- The other pacts will provide for bilateral cooperation in areas of cyber and cyber-enabled critical technology, mining and minerals, military technology, vocational education, and water resources management.
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
♦Govt. Kisan Credit Cards (KCC) campaign launched for 1.5 crore dairy farmers
- The Government will provide Kisan Credit Card (KCC) to 1.5 crore dairy farmers belonging to Milk Unions and Milk producing Companies within the next two months (1st June-31st July 2020) under a special drive. The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairyingin association with Department of Financial Services has already circulated relevant circulars and KCC application format to all State Milk Federation and Milk Unions for implementing the same on a mission mode.
- Under the dairy cooperative movement, approximately 1.7 crore farmers are associated with 230 Milk Unions in the country.
♦Govt launches SWADES scheme for jobs to returning Indians from abroad
- The government has launched a new initiative SWADES (Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support) to conduct a skill mapping exercise and provide employment opportunities to the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- This is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Ministry of External Affairs which aims to create a database of qualified citizens based on their skillsets and experience to tap into and fulfil demand of Indian and foreign companies.
♦Uday Kotak appointed as CII President; to replace Vikram Kirloskar
- Veteran banker Uday Kotak has been appointed as the new President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2020-21.
- Uday, who was also the President-Designate of CII for the last two years, will replace Vikram Kirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director of Kirloskar Systems Ltd, and Vice Chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor.
♦Twitter appoints ex-Google CFO as new board chairman
- Twitter on 3rd June appointed former Google chief financial officer Patrick Pichette as the company’s new chairman of the board.
- Pichette takes over the role after joining Twitter’s board of directors in 2017. He previously served as Google’s CFO from 2008 until 2015.
♦National Fertilizers Limited appoints V N Datt as Chairman & Managing Director
- Virendra Nath Datt, Director (Marketing), National Fertilizers Limited -NFL has taken over the additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director of the Company on 4th June. Datt is associated with Company as Director (Marketing) since October 2018.
- He will replace Manoj Mishra.
♦RK Chaturvedi assumes Charge as Secretary, Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi (IAS) has assumed charge as Secretary in the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers on 1st june. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) had approved his appointment in the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals during a major bureaucratic reshuffle in April. With this, Chaturvedi has replaced P Raghavendra Rao who superannuated on May 31.
List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary– Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary- Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary– Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦NGO ‘SEEDS’ Wins World No Tobacco Day Award 2020
- The World Health Organization(WHO) has accorded the World No Tobacco Day Award 2020 to Socio-Economic and Educational Development Society(SEEDS), an Indian non-governmental organization(NGO), one among the 3 SouthEast Asian Region awardees, for its efforts to ban pan masala, gutkha, e-cigarettes and hookah in Bihar and Jharkhand.
♦Indian writer Kritika Pandey wins regional award for Asia in 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize
- Kritika Pandey, a writer from Ranchi, was on 2nd June announced as the regional winner for Asia in the 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize.
- The 29-year-old writer won for her story The Great Indian Tee and Snakes, which is about two young people trying to navigate the idea of love in an era of hatred and prejudice. The story about a Hindu girl falling in love with a Muslim man had made it to the shortlist for the Asian region.
♦DRDO Develops ‘Ultra Swachh’ For PPE Disinfection
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on 2nd June said that it has developed a disinfection unit named ”Ultra Swachh” to disinfect a wide range of materials, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs), electronics items and fabrics.
- System uses an advanced oxidative process comprising of multiple barrier disruption approach using Ozonated Space Technology for disinfection.
Note: About DRDO
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1958
- chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
♦4th June: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- United Nations commemorates June 4 of each year as the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression. These vulnerable members of the society are recruited in wars, their schools are attacked, and are often sexually exploited, abducted and killed. It is commemorated annually to acknowledge pain suffered by children throughout the world.
- It was first proclaimed on August 19, 1982 during an emergency special session on Palestine when the General Assembly was “appalled at the number of innocent Palestinian and Lebanese children becoming victims of Israel’s acts of aggression.”
June Important Day
- 5 June- World Environment Day
- 7 June– World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June– World Blood Donor Day
♦Legendary filmmaker Basu Chatterjee passes away at 90
- Legendary film director and screenwriter Basu Chatterjee, known for his realistic and groundbreaking movies such as Rajnigandha, Chitchor, Baton Baton Mein, and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla, passed away on 4th June in Mumbai, due to age-related ailments. He was 90 years old.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here