Daily GK Update 4 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Bengaluru, Shimla ‘most liveable’ cities in govt’s Ease of Living Index
- Bengaluru and Shimla were on 4th March ranked as the most liveable in the categories of cities with more than and less than 1 million (10 lacs)population respectively by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry’s Ease of Living Index. Their services, finance, policy, technology and governance.
More than 10lacs Population
- Rank 1: Bengaluru
- Rank 2: Pune
- Rank 3: Ahmedabad
- Rank 4: Chennai
- Rank 5: Surat,
- Rank 6: Navi Mumbai
Less than 10 Lacs Population
- Rank 1: Shimla
- Rank 2: Bhubaneshwar
- Rank 3: Silvassa
- Rank 4: Kakinada
- Rank 5: Salem
- Rank 6: Vellore followed by Gandhinagar, Gurugram, Davangere
Municipal Performance Index 2020 (More than 10 lacs)
- Rank 1: Indore
- Rank 2:Surat
- Rank 3: Bhopal
Municipal Performance Index 2020 (less than 10 lacs)
- Rank 1: New Delhi
- Rank 2:Tirupati
- Rank 3: Gandhinagar.
♦Nawada in Bihar tops aspirational districts ranking in January: Niti Aayog
- Nawada in Bihar has topped the list of aspirational districts ranked by government think tank Niti Aayog in January. Kiphire (Nagaland) and Namsai (Arunachal Pradesh) are at the second and third positions. The delta rankings took into account incremental progress made by over 112 aspirational districts across six developmental areas in December 2020.
- Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development and basic infrastructure were taken into consideration for the ranking.
Note: About NITI Aayog
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
♦India, Norway to conduct marine spatial planning in Lakshadweep and Puducherry
- India and Norway have agreed to jointly work in the area of marine spatial planning in the oceanic space for the next five years during the first project steering committee meeting conducted virtually recently.
- This is a part of the Indo-Norway Integrated Ocean Initiative under the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the two countries in 2019. Lakshadweep and Puducherry have been identified as pilot sites for the project.
Note: About Norway
- Currency: Norwegian krone
- Capital: Oslo
♦Govt joins hands with IBM to train youth
- The state government has collaborated with IBM to provide free skills training to the youth. The collaboration aims to upskill 10,000 learners across 10 institutions over one year in the state. IBM will work with the director of technical education, Goa.
- The programme will involve 14 trainers across seven locations with over 200 workshops during a one-year period.
Note: About IBM
- CEO: Arvind Krishna
- Founder: Charles Ranlett Flint
- Founded: 16 June 1911
- Headquarters: New York, United States
International (Current Affairs)
♦Australia building world’s first platypus sanctuary in New South Wales state
- Australian conservationists on March 3, 2021 unveiled plans to build the world’s first refuge for the platypus, to promote breeding and rehabilitation as the duck-billed mammal faces extinction due to climate change.
- The Taronga Conservation Society Australia and the New South Wales State government said they would build the specialist facility, mostly ponds and burrows for the semi-aquatic creatures, at a zoo 391 km from Sydney, by 2022.
Note: About Australia
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- PM: Scott Morrison
Banking & Financial
♦EPFO retains interest rate for 2020-21 at 8.5%
- The Central Board of Trustees of retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) will keep the interest rate for the financial year 2020-21 unchanged at 8.5 per cent. In a meeting held in Srinagar on 4th March, the Board kept the rate at the same level as last year.
- The retirement fund body has seen a high number of withdrawals and lower contributions in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. Till December 31, the EPFO had settled 56.79 lakh claims worth Rs 14,310.21 crore provided under the advance facility after the Covid-19 pandemic.
♦Wipro signs deal to acquire global tech company Capco for $1.45 bn
- Wipro announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Capco, a global management and technology consultancy providing digital, consulting and technology services to financial institutions in the Americas, Europe and the Asia Pacific for $1.45 billion.
- This acquisition will make Wipro one of the largest end-to-end global consulting, technology and transformation service providers to the banking and financial services industry.
Note: About Wipro
- CEO: Thierry Delaporte
- Founder: M.H. Hasham Premji
- Founded: 29 December 1945
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
♦WAN-IFRA names The Hindu Group ‘Champion Publisher of the Year 2020’
- The Hindu Group won two golds and two silvers at South Asian Digital Media Awards given by WAN IFRA (World Association of News Publishers), culminating in being named ‘Champion Publisher of the Year’, owing to the highest tally on the points table.
- The awards are presented in recognition of outstanding work done by news publishers, in digital media. The winners were honoured virtually at the Digital Media India 2021 Conference held on March 3, 2021.
♦J&K tops medals tally at Khelo India Winter National Games in Gulmarg
- Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir topped the medals tally in the second edition of Khelo India Winter National Games. J&K won 11 gold, 18 silver and 5 bronze medals. The five-day mega sports event which began on 26th of February, concluded in the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in the north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
- The first edition of the Khelo India Winter Games was also held at Gulmarg in March 2020.
♦India to commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on March 4
- The Ministry of External Affairs said that, India will commemorate ‘Chabahar Day’ on March 4 on the sidelines of the Maritime India Summit 2021 being held in New Delhi.
- The virtual event will see the participation of ministers from Afghanistan, Armenia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and the Uzbekistan. The Summit is being held from March 2-4, 2021.
♦4th March – National Safety Day
- National Safety Day is celebrated in India on 4th March by the National Safety Council of India. This day is celebrated to make people get safe from several issues like financial loss, health problems, and also any other problems that people are facing in their life.
- Theme 2021:‘Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety).’
♦4 March-National Security Day
- In India, March 4 is celebrated as National Security Day (Rashtriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honor of the Indian Security Forces.
- The day aims to show gratitude to all the security forces, including policemen, para-military forces, commandos, guards, army officers, and other persons involved in security, who sacrifice their life in maintaining the peace and security of the people of the country.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|