Daily GK Update 4 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ninth Edition of International Sand Art Festival Begins In Odisha’s Puri
- The ninth edition of the International Sand Art Festival shall be held at Chandrabhaga beach, Konark, Puri, Odisha, India from 1st – 5th December, 2020 coinciding with famous Konark Festival. The sand art festival shall be organized at Chandrabhaga Beach which is about one kilometre from the World heritage site Konark.
- Every year, the festival is celebrated with great fervour in the first week of December as part of the Konark Dance Festival that is organised during the same time. The International Sand Art Festival was started in 2015.
♦Assam proposes 6th national park in militancy ravaged forest
- The Assam government has proposed setting up a national park in a militancy ravaged reserve forest, which, if approved, would make it the state’s sixth national park.
- Forest minister Parimal Suklabaidya informed that the process for approving Raimona National Park has been initiated. He unveiled the map of the new park at Manas National Park.
- According to the forest department, the proposal has been submitted to the governor of Assam for upgrading an area of 422 sq km of notified Ripu reserve forest under Manas National Park and Tiger Reserve as the proposed Raimona National Park.
Note: List of 5 National Park in Assam
♦West Bengal launched Swasthya Sathi scheme
- Swasthya Sathi scheme is a health insurance scheme of the West Bengal government. It was launched in 2016 and it has now been expanded to cover the state’s entire population.
- It provides basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to 5 lakh INR per annum per family. Both state-run and private hospitals are part of the scheme. The card under the scheme is issued to the female guardians of the families.
- Every citizen and every family in the state are to be included in the scheme irrespective of their age group. The scheme is to be completely funded by the state government of West Bengal.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- CM: Mamata Banerjee
♦Nongpok Sekmai police station in Thoubal district of Manipur: Best performing police station in the country 2020
- The Ministry of Home Affairs recently released the annual ranking of police Stations in India. The annual ranking is being done since 2015.
- Nongpok Sekmai police station in Thoubal district of Manipur was ranked as the best performing police station in the country. The All Women Police Station of Suramangalam in Salem city of Tamilnadu was ranked second in the list. Kharsangh police station of Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh ranked third.
- Parameters: In 2020, the Government of India had introduced 3 new parameters namely unidentified found person, missing persons and unidentified dead bodies.
|2||Tamil Nadu||Salem City||AWPS-Suramangalam|
|4||Chhattisgarh||Surajpur||Jhilmili (Bhaiya Thana)|
♦India & USA signs MoU on Intellectual Property Cooperation
- The Government of India and the United States of America (USA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Intellectual Property Cooperation.
- As a part of this MoU, the two sides will develop Biennial Work Plan to implement the MoU which will include the detailed planning for carrying out of the co-operation activities including the scope of action.
Banking & Financial
♦India’s GDP to contract 7.5% for FY21: RBI
- The RBI has revised its forecast of economic growth for the current fiscal year (2020-21) to (-)7.5 per cent compared to its earlier forecast of (-)9.5%.
- The second half of the fiscal year is expected to show positive growth. The economy declined by a massive 23.9 per cent in the first quarter on account of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
♦RBI Monetary Policy on 4th Dec 2020
- The RBI recently held its Monetary Policy Committee meet. During the meet, the Reserve Bank of India has kept the repo rate unchanged at 4%. Repo rate is the rate at which RBI lends to banks. The Reverse Repo Rate is to continue at 3.35%.
- The CPI Inflation for Q3 was projected at 6.8% and for Q4 at 5.8%. The limit of contactless card transaction has been raised from Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 per transaction. This is to be implemented in January 2021.
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate||4.25%|
|Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)||3%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)||18%|
♦Dronacharya Awardee Kuldeep Handoo appointed PM’s ‘Fit India’ Movement Ambassador
- First Dronacharya Awardee from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Kuldeep Handoo has been appointed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Fit India’ Ambassador.
- Mr Handoo, who is Wushu Coach of Team India is serving as Inspector in Jammu and Kashmir Police Department.
- It has been told that in the year 2019, the ‘Fit India Movement’ was started by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. Its purpose is to make every section of the country health conscious.
Note: List of Recently Appoint brand ambassador
- Bajaj Allianz: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani, kiara advani
♦Time Kid of the Year Gitanjali Rao aims to ‘solve world’s problems’
- A teenage scientist and inventor named Time magazine’s first-ever Kid of the Year has said she hopes to inspire others to come up with ideas to “solve the world’s problems”.
- Gitanjali Rao, 15, has invented technologies including a device that can identify lead in drinking water, and an app that detects cyberbullying.
♦December 4- Indian Navy Day
- Every year the Indian Navy Day is celebrated on December 4. Indian Navy Day is celebrated to commemorate Operation Trident. The operation was launched by the Indian Navy during the India-Pakistan war of 1971 to attack Karachi Harbour.
- Theme 2020: Indian Navy Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive.
♦4th December-International Day of Banks
- International Day of Banks is observed globally on the 4th of December.
- On 19 December 2019, the UN General Assembly adopted, which designated 4 December as the International Day of Banks.
- The day is celebrated to the recognition of the significant potential of multilateral development banks and other international development banks in financing sustainable development and providing know-how.
♦Former Pakistan PM Zafarullah Jamali passes away at 76
- Pakistan’s former prime minister Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali passed away at a military hospital in Rawalpindi on 2nd Dec.
- Jamali served as the prime minister from November 2002 until June 2004 when Former military dictator Pervez Musharraf was the president of the country.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|