Daily GK Update 4 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Amit Shah releases ‘National Police K-9 Journal’
- Union home minister Amit Shah on 3rd Jan released the inaugural issue of “National Police K-9 Journal.”
- The publication of the Police K9 Journal is another step in creating an ecosystem in the country to train and learn on augmenting this vital resource. The journal comprises different sections in Hindi and English.
- “National security is paramount and our government is making sincere efforts to give equal attention to all aspects related to security. The police dog squad can act as a force multiplier to ensure the safety of society, much like the way drones or satellites are being used in the country.”
International (Current Affairs)
♦Bloomberg Billionaires Index 2021, Mukesh Ambani Ranks 12
The Bloomberg Billionaires Index is a daily ranking of the world’s richest people. Details about the calculations are provided in the net worth analysis on each billionaire’s profile page. The figures are updated at the close of every trading day in New York.
Reliance Industries Ltd’s (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani is no longer among top 10 richest billionaires in the world. According to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, Mukesh Ambani’s current net worth stands at $76.7 billion (Rs 5.66 lakh crore). The RIL chief is at 12th position in the list of richest people in the world.
- Rank 1-Jeff Bezos,$190B
- Rank 2-Elon R Musk,$170B
- Rank 3-Bill Gates,$132B
- Rank 4-Bernard Arnault,$114B
- Rank 5-Mark Zuckerberg,$104B
- Rank 11-Zhong Shanshan $78.2B (China, Asia’s Richest person)
- Rank 12-Mukesh Ambani $76.7B
Banking & Financial
♦ADB to provide $100 million loan to upgrade power distribution in Bengaluru
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a USD 100 million (around Rs 730 crore) loan to modernise and upgrade the power distribution system in Bengaluru city.
- In parallel to underground distribution cables, over 2,800 km of fibre optical cables will be installed to strengthen communication network. Moving about 7,200 km of distribution lines underground will help reduce technical and commercial losses by about 30 per cent.
List of Loan approved by ADB Recently
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
- $190 million – Modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
- $300 million – Upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
- 2100 Cr.- Tripura for urban, tourism development
- $231 million- enhance power generation capacity in Assam
♦Bank of Baroda launches WhatsApp banking services
- Bank of Baroda on 4th Jan announced the launch of banking services on messaging platform Whatsapp.
- The lender is offering services such as balance enquiry, mini statement, cheque status enquiry, cheque book request, blocking debit card and information on products and services, among others via WhatsApp.
Note: About Bank of Baroda
- CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Headquarter: Vadodara
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
♦Tata Motors ties up with Karnataka Bank for vehicle finance
- Tata Motors on 4th Jan announced its partnership with Karnataka Bank to facilitate retail finance solutions for its customers to boost sales.
- Under this collaboration, customers can avail up to 85 per cent loans on the on-road pricing of a Tata Motors vehicle with an interest rate linked to External Benchmark Lending Rate (EBLR), which will be updated on the bank’s website periodically. The loan under the scheme can be availed for a maximum period of 84 months.
♦Leon Mendonca becomes India’s 67th Grandmaster
- Goa’s 14-year-old Leon Mendonca has become India’s 67th chess Grandmaster by winning the third and final norm at a tournament in Italy. Mendonca, who achieved the feat at 14 years, 9 months and 17 days, is the second GM from the coastal state.
- The player achieved his first GM norm at the Rigo Chess GM Round Robin in October while the second came at the 1st Saturday event in Budapest in November and the final one at the Vergani Cup in Italy.
♦4 January-World Braille Day
- World Braille Day is annually celebrated on January 4, the birthday of Braille inventor, Louis Braille.
- And celebrates awareness of the importance of braille as a means of communication in the full realization of the human rights for blind and visually impaired people.
♦Ace mountaineer Colonel Narendra ‘Bull’ Kumar passes away
- Ace mountaineer Colonel Narendra ‘Bull’ Kumar, who helped India secure the Siachen Glacier, passed away. He was responsible for the success of Operation Meghdoot in 1984. He was the first Indian to climb Mount Nanda Devi.
- He climbed Mount Everest in 1965, Mount Blanc( highest peak in the Alps), and later Mount Kangchenchanga. He earned the nickname ‘Bull’ for relentlessly charging into everything he did.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|