Daily GK Update, 5 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Central Railway designs robot ‘Rakshak’ for health assistant
- In the fight against the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, the Mumbai Division of Central Railway (CR) has designed a health assistant robot ‘Rakshak’ who can remotely communicate between doctor and patient.
- This medical aid robot was developed in-house at EMU car shed, Kurla in the Mumbai section of the Central Railway and handed over to Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Byculla, Mumbai.
- Benefit: This medical aid robot is able to measure health parameters such as temperature, pulse, oxygen percentage and dispenser sanitizer automatic, infrared sensors.
♦AP govt ties up with ITC, HUL and P&G for women”s economic empowerment
- The Andhra Pradesh government on 3rd August signed a pact with three FMCG companies — Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), ITC and Procter and Gamble (P&G) — for marketing and technology support for economic empowerment of women under two new schemes to be launched soon.
- The companies will give handholding to women under the YSR Cheyutha scheme, to be launched on August 12, that aims to provide annual financial assistance of Rs 18,750 for next four years to women of 45-60 years age group belonging to SC, ST, backward class and minorities communities.
Note: About AP
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦GoI launches NCDC YouTube Channel “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India”
- Union Agriculture Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched YouTube channel of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) called “Sahakar ooptube NCDC India”.
- Aims: The channel will focus on encouraging youth and farmers to learn about the benefits of cooperatives. It will aim to bring in more youths in the cooperative sector. The videos in the channel are to be launched in Hindi and other regional languages. The channel has so far been covering 18 states and more states are to be added in the near future.
♦Union Ministers Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Smriti Irani launch the book ‘Swachh Bharat Kranti’
- The book “The Swachh Bharat Revolution”, edited by Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has been translated into Hindi and published by as the Swachh Bharat Kranti.
- The book was officially launched by Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child Development Smriti Irani in New Delhi.
- The Swachh Bharat Kranti captures the remarkable journey of the SBM through 35 essays by a diverse range of stakeholders and contributors to the SBM, sharing their perspective on this social revolution.
♦First anniversary of creation of UTs of J&K, Ladakh
- The first anniversary of the creation of UTs – Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh is being celebrated on August 05. This completes one year from the date of such bifurcation by the Union Government in which J&K and Ladakh have been made as separate territories.
- In 2019, the Union Government decided to end the special status granted to Jammu and Kashmir State under Article 370 and Article 35A of the Indian Constitution. In this regard, it was divided into two UTs – J & K and Ladakh.
Banking and Financial
♦Canara Bank ties up with 3 insurers to provide Corona Kavach policies
- Canara Bank on 2nd August announced it has tied-up with three insurance companies to sell short-term Corona Kavach policy to cover COVID-19 related health expenses.
- The bank has tied up with New India Assurance Company Ltd, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co Ltd and HDFC ERGO Health Insurance as part of social commitment to indemnify the unprecedented expenses of common man.
- With the objective of providing insurance cover for individuals for COVID-19 pandemic related health expenses.
- Aims: Among the key features of the policy are – purchase on individual and family floater basis, minimum sum insured of Rs 50,000 to a maximum of Rs 5 lakh, no capping on room rent, and home care treatment up to 15 days.
Note: About Canara bank
- CEO: Lingan Venkat Prabhakr
- Headquaters: Bangalore
- Tagline: Together we can
♦National Bank of Bahrain selects Infosys Finacle for transformation of transaction banking business
- National Bank of Bahrain and Infosys Finacle announced the bank’s decision to adopt the Finacle Cash Management Suite to digitally transform its transaction banking business.
- NBB will be implementing the Finacle Liquidity Management Platform, and upgrading its existing Finacle Corporate Online Banking platform to a full-fledged Digital Engagement Suite – with the latest versions of the Finacle Corporate Online and Mobile Banking solutions, along with the Finacle Digital Engagement Hub.
- Capital: Manama
- Currency: Bahraini dinar
♦Former Arunachal Pradesh Governor R.D. Pradhan passes away
- R.D. Pradhan, a veteran bureaucrat and former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh passed away in Mumbai on July 31. He was 92.
- R.D. Pradhan headed a probe panel that examined various aspects of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks for Pakistani infiltrators.
♦Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passes away
- Senior Congressman and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar passed away on 5th August at a private hospital in Pune following a brief illness. He was 88.
- Mr. Patil Nilangekar, who hailed from Nilanga city in Latur district in the State’s Marathwada region, had the briefest run as Chief Minister of Maharashtra, serving in that capacity for less than a year between June 1985 and March 1986 after controversial circumstances forced him to resign.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here