Daily GK Update: 5th February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦President Kovind inaugurates annual Udyanotsav at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 5th February opened the annual Udyanotsav of Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be opened for the general public from tomorrow.
- The gardens will remain open till the 8th of next month and people can visit between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
♦Karnataka launches “Janasevaka” scheme for home delivery of govt services
- The Karnataka government on 3rd February launched the “Janasevaka” scheme in a few municipal corporation wards to ensure home delivery of various services like ration cards, senior citizen identity and health cards.
- “Janasevaka under the Sakala scheme is a programme to avail the benefits of government schemes at the doorstep.
- Sakala Scheme Aims: Ensure in-time delivery of government services to citizens by practising innovative and efficient management systems through capacity building in government and empowering citizens to exercise their right to service.
Note: About Karnataka
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
♦Prime Minister for announcing the formation of Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for the announcement of the formation of Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust, in the Parliament on 5th February.
- Supreme Court on Shri Ram Janmabhoomi, the Government of India has taken a historic decision today to form a trust in the name of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra, showing its commitment towards the construction of the grand temple of Lord Shri Ram in Ayodhya.
- Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust will have 15 trustees, out of which one trustee will always be from Dalit community.
♦India-Norway Sign MoUs In Field Of Research And Higher Education
- India and Norway on 3rd February signed a total of four memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in the field of research and higher education.
- The MoUs signed between two countries include one between Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and UiT, The Arctic University of Norway for cooperation in fields such as bio-photonics, health and diagnostic tools, nanotechnology, water management and renewable energy.
Note: About Norway
- Capital: Oslo
- Currency: Norwegian krone
International (Current Affairs)
♦Bhutan ends free travel for Indian passport holders
- Bhutan for long has been an idyllic destination for Indian travellers. With its mesmerising beauty, stunning landscapes and the fact that it is just a stone’s throw away, Bhutan has been a favourite destination among Indian tourists. And more importantly, you had to pay nothing as fees to enter the country.
- But now, a new scheme by the Bhutanese government is set to change that.
- Ending the provision of free entry for Indian tourists into the country, Bhutan recently announced that it will levy a daily fee of Rs 1,200 per person from July 2020. Other countries included in the scheme are Maldives and Bangladesh.
Note: About Bhutan
- Capital: Thimphu
- Currency: Ngultrum
Banking and Financial
♦RBI hikes insurance on bank deposits to Rs 5 lakh
- Budget announcement, insurance cover on bank deposits has been increased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh effective 4th February, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said.
- Deposit insurance was static at Rs 1 lakh since 1993. The cover is provided by the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the RBI.
- The move will help boost the confidence of people in the banking system after a scam last year in Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank (PMC Bank) which affected lakhs of customers. The deposit insurance scheme covers all banks operating in India, including the private sector, cooperative and even branches of foreign banks.
♦JSW Steel signs 3-year endorsement deal with Rishabh Pant as a Brand ambassador
- JSW Steel the flagship company of the $14 billion JSW Group, has signed Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant as its brand ambassador for three years.
- The company will launch integrated marketing campaign featuring Pant by mid-February. Conceptualised by Ogilvy & Mather, the campaign will showcases product attributes while featuring Pant in an interesting and engaging way.
Note: List of Brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador-Sunil Chhetri
- Pepsi’s new brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’- Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu Mastercard – M. S Dhoni
- Tata Power: Shardul Thakur
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here