Daily GK Update 5 February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Govt. launched KAPILA for IP Literacy and creating patent awareness
- Govt. launched KAPILA (Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness Campaign) for Intellectual Property Literacy and creating patent awareness.
- The Government has launched a campaign namely Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness Campaign (KAPILA) on 15th October, 2020. This information was given by the Union Minister for Education Ministry, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha on February 4, 2021.
♦Kerala to Open its First Human Milk Bank
- Kerala will open its first Human Milk Bank (HMB) on February 5, 2021. This is a state-of-the-art facility, and Kerala Health Minister KK Shailaja will open at Ernakulam General Hospital. A milk bank was established with the support of the Rotary Club of Cochin Global.
- After the State Health Department signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Rotary Club of Cochin Global in 2020, its cost was 3.5 million rupees.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Banking & Financial
♦Banks wrote off Rs 62,000 cr loans of top 100 willful defaulters: RBI
- Banks have written off almost Rs 62,000 crore of loans of top 100 wilful defaulters as of March 2020, with Jatin Mehta’s Winsome Diamonds & Jewellery topping the list at Rs 3,098 crores.
- This data was shared by the Reserve Bank of India shared with Right to Information Act activist Biswanath Goswami.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦IRDAI issues guidelines on Standard Vector-Borne Disease health policy
- In order to convince public for getting health insurance coverage to specified Vector-Borne Diseases, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has encouraged all general and health insurers to offer Standard Vector-Borne Disease health policy. This health policy can preferably be available by 1 April 2021.
- Vector-borne diseases generally happen from an infection transmitted to humans and other animals by blood-feeding insects like mosquitoes, ticks, etc. For instance, vector-borne diseases can include Dengue fever, Malaria, etc.
- The minimum sum insured under Standard Product shall be ₹10,000 wherein the amount can be increased in the multiples of ₹10,0000 and maximum limit can go up to ₹2 lakh. Besides, the minimum entry age shall be 18 years for principal insured and maximum age at entry shall not be less than 65 years for all the insured members including principal insured.
Note: About IRDAI
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
♦RBI Monetary Policy Highlight (Feb 5th, 2021)
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said the MPC voted unanimously to keep policy rates unchanged and kept repo rates at 4 percent on February 5 and kept the stance ‘accommodative’. The reverse repo rate also kept unchanged at 3.35 percent. MSF and bank rate remain unchanged at 4.25 percent.
Key policy rates remain unchanged
- Repo rate unchanged at 4%
- Accommodative stance to continue for no
- Reverse repo rate unchanged at 3.35%
- 5% GDP growth outlook for 2021-2022
- RBI projects CPI inflation at 5.2% In Q4 FY21
- Funds from banks via TLTRO scheme now available to NBFCs
- Restoration of CRR in two phases beginning March 21
- RBI shall issue guidelines on outsourcing for digital payment system
- RBI to form expert panel to strengthen primary urban co-op banks
|Reverse Repo Rate||3.35%|
|Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate||4.25%|
|Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)||3%|
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)||18%|
♦India’s GDP growth projected at 10.5 per cent for FY22: RBI
- It projected India’s GDP growth rate at 10.5 percent for the fiscal year 2021-22. The central bank’s projection is lower than that of the Economic Survey that projected India to grow at a rate of 11 percent in the coming fiscal.
- The H1FY22 GDP growth seen in the range of 8.3-26.2 per cent and 6 per cent in Q3FY22, the RBI said. The RBI Governor said that the “need of the hour is to support growth”.
♦Ayesha Aziz becomes India’s Youngest Female Pilot at 25
- A 25-year-old Kashmiri woman, Ayesha Aziz, has become the youngest female pilot in the country. She became the youngest student pilot to get a license at the age of 15 in 2011.
- The 25 -year-old from Kashmir who is the youngest female pilot in the country acts is a source of inspiration and a beacon of empowerment for numerous Kashmiri women.
♦Pakistan launched its new surface-to-surface ballistic missile ‘Ghaznavi’
- Pakistan successfully test-fired its nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile called Ghaznavi. The missile was test fired on February 3, 2021.
- The ballistic missile has a striking capability of up to 290 kilometres. The Ghaznavi missile was launched to mark the culmination of Annual Field Training Exercise of Army Strategic Forces Command.
♦Indian Navy’s IL 38SD Aircraft Successfully Fires Combat Anti-Ship Missile
- The Indian Navy’s Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance aircraft Ilyushin 38SD aircraft successfully fired Combat Kh35E anti-ship missiles during the ongoing Theatre level Readiness and Operational Exercise 2021 (TROPEX-21).
- TROPEX 21 is aimed at testing combat readiness of the Indian Navy, along with the assets of the Indian Air Force, the Indian Army and Coast Guard in a complex multi dimensional exercise set in the context of the current geo strategic environment.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|