Daily GK Update, 5th June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Karnataka’s Hubballi to get world’s longest railway platform
- Karnataka’s Hubballi railway station is set to get the world’s longest railway platform with dimensions of 1,400 metres length and 10 metres width. Confirming the same, South Western Railway (SWR) officials told that the extension work in Platform number 1 of the Hubballi Junction is underway.
- While the existing platform is 550-metres long, it will be extended to 1,400 metres in a year.
Note: About Karnataka
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
♦Govt. approved Rs 572 Crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Jharkhand
- Central Govt has approved fund of Rs 572.23 Crore for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in Jharkhand in 2020-21, which is a considerable increase from Rs. 267.69 Crore in 2019-20.
- Jharkhand is planning 100% household coverage by 2023-24. Out of 54 lakh rural households in the State, only 4.37 lakh have functional household tap connection (FHTC). In 2019-20, only 98,000 tap connections were provided. This means there is an immense scope to provide tap connections to remaining rural households. In 2020-21.
- Jal Jeevan Mission Aims: To provide 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household of the country by 2024.
Jal Jeevan MissionFunds allocated to State (2020-21)
- Bihar– 1,832 crores
- Assam –1407 crores
- Odisha- 812 crores
- Meghalaya- 175 crores
- Chattisgarh- 445 crores
- J & K- 680 crores
- Arunachal Pradesh- 255 crores
♦J&K LG launches salary tracker mobile app “MeraVetan (Version-1)” for Govt.employees
- The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Girish Chandra Murmu launched the first version of the Salary Tracker Mobile app “MeraVetan” developed by the National Informatics Centre(NIC).
- Benefit: The Government employees and the officials posted in remote and rural areas with no access to DDO can access their salary and other details. The information such as Pay Scale, GPF/NPS subscription, Allowances, Deductions, GPF/NPS statement, Income Tax Statement, State Life Insurance(SLI) statement etc will be provided in the app.
♦Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the “Nagar Van” scheme
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the “Nagar Van” scheme. The scheme was launched to mark the Environment Day.
- Aim: The scheme emphasises on urban forestry. Under the scheme, around 200 urban forests are to be developed all over the country in next five years.
♦Govt launches “TULIP” portal to provide internships to graduates, engineers
- Union human resource development (HRD) minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and minister of housing and urban affairs (MoHUA) Hardeep Singh Puri on 4th June jointly inaugurated The Urban Learning Internship Programme (TULIP) to provide internship opportunities to thousands of fresh graduates and engineers of the county under the ‘Smart City’ projects.
- The TULIP portal has been developed by AICTE. Under the internship programme students will get to work for 100 smart cities under ministry of housing and urban development. According to the TULIP portal, there are a total of 295,200 internships under 23,970 companies.
- “We expect that around 25,000 fresh graduates will be enrolled in its first year. This will help curb the unemployment as well. The interns will be selected for a period of one year,” said housing and urban affairs minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
Banking and Financial
♦IndusInd Bank launches ‘India’s first’ mobile app ‘Indus Corporate’ based facility for opening current accounts
- IndusInd Bank has announced the launch of a first-of-its-kind assisted mobile application based facility, that enables the bank to open current accounts for self-employed individuals and businesses digitally, in just a few hours.
- Equipped with the Bank’s state-of-the-art ‘Indus Corporate’ mobile app, bank officials can now capture and verify information about customers and their businesses in real-time, at the premise of the customer in a convenient and secure manner. With this, customers can now experience a faster and seamless account opening journey with the bank, without the hassle of arranging physical KYC documents of themselves or their firm.
Note: About IndusInd Bank
- CEO: Sumant Kathpalia
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Owner: Hinduja Group
- Founder: S. P. Hinduja
- Tag line: We Make You Feel Richer & We Care Dil Se
♦Rajeev Topno, private secretary to PM Modi, gets World Bank assignment
- Rajeev Topno, the 1996 batch IAS officer who has served as a key aide to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been appointed as senior advisor to the World Bank Executive Director.
- Topno, a Gujarat cadre Indian Administrative Service officer, had joined the Prime Minister’s Office as a deputy secretary in 2009 when Manmohan Singh had just started his second term. He handled key portfolios such as telecom and ports at the PMO in the UPA-2 government.
- PM Modi handpicked Topno to his personal staff when he assumed power in 2014, appointing the Gujarat cadre officer as his private secretary.
♦Former Miss World Manushi Chhillar joins Rohit, Hima as Adidas brand ambassador
- Former Miss World “2017” Manushi Chhillar on 4th June joined the likes of star batsman Rohit Sharma, sprint sensation Hima Das and Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh as brand ambassador of footwear giant Adidas in its campaign to inspire more women to embrace fitness.
- Chhillar will support #HOMETEAMHERO Challenge — inspiring more people every single day to stay physically and mentally fit.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador– Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador– Sunil Chhetri
- Pepsi’s new brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’-Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu (by Prime Minister Narendra Modi)
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
♦Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw first woman entrepreneur from India wins EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 Award
- Biocon Ltd announced that its Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw has been named the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 (WEOY) at a virtual award ceremony held on 4th June her contribution in improving universal access to affordable life-saving medicine and transforming the world in one of its kind virtual entrepreneurship award ceremony.
- Mazumdar-Shaw is the first woman entrepreneur from India and the third Indian to win it. She is the second woman worldwide to hold this title, after Olivia Lum of Hyflux Limited, Singapore, who won the award in 2011. Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank (2014) and N R Narayana Murthy, co-founder of Infosys Ltd, (2005) are the other winners from India.
♦India to host 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup
- The Asian Football Confederation has awarded the hosting rights of the 2022 Women’s Asian Cup to India for the first time since 1979.
- The decision was taken at the AFC Women’s Football Committee meeting. In February, the AFC Women’s Football Committee had recommended India to be hosts.
♦5th June: World Environment Day
- The environment that we live in, is very important not only for our health but for our survival, so there is a huge need for us to protect it. We would not be able to survive if we do not have clean air and water and land to live on, so on June 5 of every year.
- The theme of World Environment 2020 is ‘Celebrating Biodiversity’
Note: June Important Day
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
- 12 June- World Day Against Child Labour
- 14 June- World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June- World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
♦5 June: International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing
- The International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing is being observed on 5 June, 2020.
- The purpose of the International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing is to draw attention to the threats posed by IUU fishing activities to the sustainable use of fisheries resources as well as to ongoing efforts to fight these activities which were celebrated for the first time on 5 June 2018.
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here