Daily GK Update 5 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
♦11th QS World University Rankings 2021 released
- The 11th edition of the QS World University Rankings was released on March 04, 2021. The QS World University Rankings 2021 ranks the top 1,000 universities from around the world, covering 80 different locations. There are 47 new entrants on the list.
- Rank 1:Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (US)
- Rank 2: Stanford University (US)
- Rank 3: University of Cambridge (UK)
- Rank 172: Indian Institute of Technology (Bombay)
Banking & Financial
♦India attracted total FDI inflow of US$ 67.54 billion during April to December 2020
- India has attracted total FDI inflow of US$ 67.54 billion during April to December 2020. It is the highest ever for the first ninth months of a financial year and 22% higher as compared to the first ninth months of 2019-20 (US$ 55.14 billion).
- FDI equity inflow grew by 40% in the first 9 months of F.Y. 2020-21 (US$ 51.47 billion) compared to the year ago period (US$ 36.77 billion).
♦HDFC ERGO launches Business Kisht Suraksha cover
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance has launched the “Business Kisht Suraksha” cover. It is a unique cover which was launched with the aim of protecting the balance sheet of Micro finance Institutions (MFIs), financial institutions and banks if any catastrophe or natural disaster occurs.
- This was launched with the aim of limiting the impacts on balance sheet of financial institutions which occurs because of non-payment of EMIs by borrowers or because of several calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones.
Note: About HDFC ERGO
- CEO: Ritesh Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2002
♦Tarun Bajaj to take additional charge of Revenue Secretary
- Department of economic affairs secretary Tarun Bajaj has been given the additional charge of revenue secretary. Present revenue secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey retires on February 28.
- Tarun Bajaj, an old hand at the Finance Ministry, assumed charge as Economic Affairs secretary in last May, at a time when India saw the worst growth contraction in history on account of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Note: List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary-Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary-Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary-Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- New foreign secretary-Harsh Vardhan Shringla
- New Expenditure Secretary-T.V. Somanathan
♦Mary Kom appointed as chairman of AIBA
- Six-time world champion MC Mary Kom has been elected as the chairman of the ‘Champions and Veterans’ committee of the International Boxing Association (AIBA). The Vishwa Sanstha formed this panel last year.
- Thirty-seven-year 2012 Olympic bronze medalist Mary Kom was elected to the post after voting on the board of directors of AIBA. This star boxer has been the brand ambassador of the world body on many occasions.
♦India signs pact with Philippines for sale of BrahMos missiles
- India on March 2, 2021 signed a key pact with the Philippines for the sale of “defence material and equipment”, which are likely to include BrahMos cruise missiles. Philippine Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, who was also present at the pact’s signing ceremony in Manila, has reportedly said that his country is buying BrahMos missiles.
Note: About Philippines
- President: Rodrigo Duterte.
- Capital: Manila.
- Currency: Philippine peso.
♦DRDO conducts successful flight test of SFDR missile propulsion system
- The DRDO said it successfully carried out a flight test of its solid fuel-ducted ramjet (SFDR) missile propulsion system on 5th March morning at the Chandipur test range in Odisha. “All the subsystems, including the booster motor and nozzle-less motor, performed as expected (during the flight test).
- At present, the SFDR missile propulsion technology is available only with a handful of countries in the world.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS Recently
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|