Daily GK Update 5 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Prasar Bharati signs MoU with IT ministry to launch 51 education TV channels
- India’s public broadcaster Prasar Bharati on 4th Nov entered into an MoU with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to launch 51 direct-to-home (DTH) education TV channels.
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between Prasar Bharati and Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Aims: To bring quality educational programmes to every household, including those in rural and remote areas.
International (Current Affairs)
♦John Magufuli won second term in Tanzania presidential election
- President John Magufuli had won a second five-year term. Magufuli received 12.5 million votes in election – or 85 percent – while his main challenger, Tundu Lissu of the Chadema party, got 1.9 million votes, or 13 percent.
Note: About Tanzania
- Capital: Dodoma
- Currency: Tanzanian shilling
- Banking & Financial
♦ADB Grants $132.8 Mn Loan to Modernise Power Distribution Network in Meghalaya
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 132.8 million loan to improve power quality and upgrade the power distribution network in India’s northeastern state of Meghalaya.
- The project will construct 23 substations; renovate and modernize 45 substations, including the provision of control room equipment and protection systems; install and upgrade 2,214 kilometers of distribution lines and associated facilities covering three out of the six circles in the state.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $USD 1.5 billion-Help fund its fight against coronavirus pandemic.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
♦Rafael Nadal earns his 1,000th win
- Becoming only the fourth man to reach 1,000 match wins should have drawn deafening cheers and a standing ovation for tennis great Rafael Nadal. There was only a fist-bump from Feliciano Lopez, after Nadal beat him 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4 in a subdued atmosphere more worthy of a library study area than a sports arena.
- The 34-year-old Nadal joins towering company in Jimmy Connors (1,274), Roger Federer (1,242) and Ivan Lendl (1,068) as the only men’s 1,000-club members since the Open era began in 1968.
Note: About Rafael Nadal
- Grand slams won (Man singles): 20
- Nationality: Spanish
♦Advanced Version of Pinaka Rocket test fired successfully
- The Defence Research Development Organization test fired the advanced version of Pinaka rocket successfully on November 5, 2020. The rocket was test fired from Chandipur, Odisha.
- The enhanced version of the Pinaka has been launched in order to achieve longer range as compared to the earlier version. The latest version would replace the current version of Pinaka Mk-1 system that has been deployed along the line of control and the line of actual control at India-Pakistan and India-China borders.
♦CARAT Joint Naval Exercise – held by Bangladesh and US
- The Navies of Bangladesh and United States held a joint Naval Exercise called CARAT on November 4, 2020. CARAT is the abbreviation for the Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training. The bilateral exercise was held at Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- The CARAT exercise historically involves the people-to-people interactions, several professional exchanges, community relations project, Subject Matter Expert exchanges and various social events.
List of Defence Exercise between India and Bangladesh
- Sampriti-India and Bangladesh
- “Mainamati Maitree Exercise-Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB)
♦November 5 (First Thursday): International Day against Violence and Bullying at School, including Cyberbullying
- UNESCO Member States declared the first Thursday of November, the International Day against Violence and Bullying at School Including Cyberbullying, recognizing that school-related violence in all its forms is an infringement of children and adolescents’ rights to education and to health and well-being.
- UN partners, other relevant international and regional organizations, as well as civil society, including non-governmental organizations, individuals and other stakeholders to help promote, celebrate and facilitate the international day.
♦5th November: World Tsunami Awareness Day
- The World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed every year on November 5 with an aim to formulate strategies to save more lives in view of future disasters. Tsunamis are rare events but one of the deadliest natural disasters known to humankind.
- According to the UN website, after the 2004 deadliest Tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the United Nations General Assembly decided to designate November 5, as World Tsunami Awareness Day.
- Theme 2020: ‘Sendai Seven Campaign’
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|