Daily GK Update: 6 & 7 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Government committed to fulfil Jal Jeevan Mission by 2024
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has said the Government is making all out efforts to provide safe piped drinking water supply to all households in the country by 2024. Inaugurating the one-day National Conference on “Provision of Potable Drinking Water in Quality-Affected Areas”.
Note: List of Govt. Project Target
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Housing for All-2022
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Net zero carbon emitting in indian railways-2030
♦ MoU between Indian Railways and The Department for International Development, UK
- The area of co-operation of this MoU envisages to enable energy efficiency and energy self-sufficiency for Indian Railway. The MoU will benefit Indian Railway in field of energy planning, renewable energy planning and deployment including off shore wind and solar energy, energy storage, new energy technologies and off-grid renewable energy services.
Note: About UK
- Capital: London
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
- Currency: Pound
♦ Jaipur receives UNESCO World Heritage City certificate
- Director-General of UNESCO Audrey Azoulay presented the ‘World Heritage City’ certificate to the Pink City – Jaipur on February 05, 2020.
- The UNESCO team visited the Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, Sheesh Mahal, Mansingh Mahal, and the Amer Fort. UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay has described Amer Fort as a mesmerizing reminder of the past.
Note: List of World Heritage Site in India
- Ajanta Caves: Maharashtra
- Ellora Caves: Maharashtra
- Agra Fort: UP
- Taj Mahal: UP
- Kaziranga National Park: Assam
- Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram: Tamil Nadu
♦ India slips to 40th position on International Intellectual Property Index
- India’s slipped to 40th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 53 global economies, this year, according to a report of US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center. Last year India was ranked at 36th position out of 50 countries.
- The US, the UK, Sweden, France and Germany remained the top five economies on the intellectual property index in 2019.
Note: List of India’s Ranking Index
- Henley Passport Index 2020: 84
- Global Social Mobility Index: 76
- EIU’s Democracy Index: 51
- Global corruption perception index 2019: 80
♦ Maharashtra records highest number of missing women: NCRB
- In 2019, the Supreme Court had directed the NCRB to “analyse the data on missing persons (especially on women and children) so that areas prone to persons being trafficked can be identified”.
- The NCRB study was based on the annual Crime in India Report compiled by the agency for the years 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Women reported
- According to the report, the three States where the highest number of women went missing in the three years are Maharashtra, West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh.
- Children reported
- In the years 2016-18, a total of 63,407, 63,349 and 67,134 children were reported to be missing across the country. The maximum number of missing children reports were recorded in Maharashtra and West Bengal in the years 2016, 2017 and 2018.
♦ J-K admin renames PHE&IFC dept as ‘Jal Shakti Dept’
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration on 6th February accorded sanction to renaming of the Public Health Engineering and Irrigation and Flood Control Department as the ‘Jal Shakti Department’.
- The Administrative Council, which met under the chairmanship of Lt Governor G C Murmu, also accorded sanction to the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) and roadmap to achieve 100 per cent coverage of piped water supply by December 2021 across the UT.
Note: List of Rename
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Bogibeel Bridge-Atal Setu
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
Banking and Financial
♦ RBI Sixth bi-monthly monetary policy: An Overview
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its sixth bi-monthly monetary policy statement for 2019-20 on 6th February which the repo rate was left unchanged, as was widely expected. The six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The policy repo rate remains unchanged at 5.15 percent under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF). Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains unchanged at 4.90 percent and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 5.40 per cent.
|Reverse Repo Rate||
Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate
Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)
|Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)||
GDP Forecasting 2020-21
♦ President awarded the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy to NS Dharmashaktu
- The President of India Ram Nath Kovind presented the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy to Dr. N.S. Dharmashaktu under the Individual category and The Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category on 6 February 2020.
- President said: “We have to become aware and educated on this disease and its different dimensions, and spread that awareness among our communities. We need to empower those who have been discriminated on account of leprosy through advocacy and information dissemination.
♦ 6th February: International Day of Zero Tolerance for female Genital Mutilation
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is a United Nations-sponsored annual awareness day that takes place on February 6 as part of the UN’s efforts to eradicate female genital mutilation. It was first introduced in 2003.
- Theme 2020: Unleashing Youth Power.
Note: List of Important Day (January)
- 1st January – Global Family Day
- 9th January – NRI (Non-Resident Indian)
- 12th January – National Youth Day
- 15th January – Indian Army Day
- 25th January- National Voters’ Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here