Daily GK Update: 6 & 7 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ 3 day Namaste Orchha festival begins in Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, ‘Namaste Orchha’ festival is starting from on 6th March in Orchha, a famous tourist destination of the state. Orchha is famous for its Ramaraja temple as well as other historical buildings.
- Three days Namaste Orchha festival is an attempt to creating new opportunities and initiatives to promote the state and its rich cultural, natural and architectural heritage and its traditions and history.
Note: List of MP Festival
- Lokrang Festival
- Khajuraho Festival
- Bhagoria Haat Festival
- Malwa Utsav
- Chethiyagiri Vihara Festival
♦ Mizoram celebrates “Chapchar Kut” the festival of Mizos
- Two-day Chapchar Kut celebration began in all parts of Mizoram amid fanfare and cultural fervour on 5th March.
- Chapchar Kut is the most important and biggest festival of the Mizos, which is celebrated in March after completion of most arduous task of Jhum operation.
- Amidst cultural fervour, thousands of people from different walks of life, dressed in traditional attires thronged Lammual or Assam Rifles ground here to celebrate the first day of the festival, which witness different cultural hues and traditional dances.
Note: List of Mizoram Festival
- Mim Kut
- Thalfavang Kut
- Pawl Kut
♦ Aurangabad Airport Renamed As Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport
- Maharashtra government on 5th March approved renaming the airport at Aurangabad as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport. Sambhaji Maharaj was the son of Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.The airport is situated in the Chikhalthana area of Aurangabad.
Note: List of Renamed place
- Mumbai-Nagpur expressway-Bal Thackeray
- Bhopal Metro Rail- Raja Bhoj
- Bogibeel Bridge– Atal Setu
- Naya Raipur– Atal Nagar
- Bundel Section Express-Way- Atal Path
♦ Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival to be held at Kochi from May 16
- The Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival, GAF will be held at Kochi in Kerala from 16th to 20th May. A curtain raiser event was organized in New Delhi this evening for the GAF.
- The theme for the five-day event is Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Janez Janša appointed as new Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Janez Jansa, President of the Slovenian Democratic Party (SDS), became the Prime Minister of the 14th Government of the Republic of Slovenia.
- Janša will lead the country for the third time. Three parties, the SMC, New Slovenia and DeSUS have agreed to form a coalition. Janša was backed in a 52:31 vote.
Note: About Slovenia
- Capital: Ljubljana
- Currency: Euro
♦ Denys Shmygal is Ukraine’s New Prime Minister
- Ukrainian parliament approved the resignation of Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk. The decision was taken by 353 votes in favour and 226 against.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky has proposed Deputy Prime Minister Denys Shmygal as Honcharuk’s successor. He criticized the cabinet, which was formed only six months ago.
- Ukraine’s parliament approved Denys Shmygal as the new prime minister.
Note: About Ukraine
- Capital: Kyiv
- Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
Banking and Financial
♦ Government Puts Yes Bank Under Moratorium, RBI Supersedes Board, Withdrawals Capped At Rs 50,000
- The Government of India placed Yes Bank Ltd. under moratorium and capped withdrawals for a month, while the Reserve Bank of India superseded the board of the private lender citing a steady decline in its financial position.
- The moratorium will last till April 3 and all legal proceedings against the bank will be stayed during the period.
- Government has approved a proposal to allow a consortium led by government-owned State Bank of India to invest in the struggling lender. SBI confirmed that its board had given an in-principle approval to explore an investment opportunity in Yes Bank.
Impact On Depositors
- The bank is not allowed to pay any depositor more than Rs 50,000 without written permission from the RBI during the period of moratorium.
- This is irrespective of how many accounts depositor may have in the bank.
- If the depositor has dues payable to the bank, those will be adjusted first before withdrawal of any amount.
Appointment & Resign
♦ Appointment of Prashant Kumar as YES Bank Administrator
- Banking Regulation Act 1949, RBI has also superseded (replaced) the board of YES bank with immediate effect by appointing ex- Deputy Managing Director (DMD) & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of SBI Prashant Kumar as its administrator for a period of 30 days citing serious deterioration in the financial position of the Bank.
♦ Puma signs Kareena Kapoor Khan as new brand ambassador
- German sportswear brand Puma on 6th March announced it has signed Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
- With this association, Khan joins the brand’s roster of women personalities such as Sara Ali Khan, MC Mary Kom, and Dutee Chand in India and Adriana Lima, Selena Gomez as well as Cara Delevingne globally who endorse the brand.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Pepsi’s new brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’– Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu (by Prime Minister Narendra Modi)
- Mastercard– M. S Dhoni
- Tata Power as brand ambassador– Shardul Thakur
- JSW Steel as brand ambassador-Rishabh Pant
♦ NS Vishwanathan Decides to Step Down as RBI Deputy Governor by March 31
- RBI Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan has decided to step down by March 31 due to ill health, three months before the end of his extended one-year tenure.
- While the Reserve Bank has accepted his request to be relieved by March 31, the same has to be accepted by the Cabinet as well, which is likely to happen any day given his health condition, a person in the know of the development said. His one-year extension was to end on July 3.
Note: About RBI
- Four deputy governors
(i)NS Vishwanathan (Resign)
(ii) BP Kanungo
(iii) MK Jain
(iv) Michael Debaprata Patra
- Shaktikanta Das is the governor of RBI.
♦ TIME named 100 historical Women of the Year including Amrit Kaur, Indira Gandhi
- Former prime minister Indira Gandhi and freedom fighter Amrit Kaur have been named by the TIME magazine among world’s 100 powerful women who defined the last century in a new project that “spotlights influential women who were often overshadowed.”
- TIME named Kaur as ‘Women of the Year’ for 1947 and Gandhi for 1976 in special covers recreated by the
Book and Author
♦ Smriti Irani releases book titled Chronicles of Change Champions
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani released a book titled Chronicles of Change Champions at an event held in New Delhi.
- The book is a compilation of 25 innovative initiatives taken at the state and district levels under the Prime Minister’s flagship scheme of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here