Daily GK Update 6 , 7 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM to address ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ celebrations on 7th March
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the ‘Janaushadhi Diwas’ celebrations on 7th March, 2021 via video conferencing. Prime Minister will dedicate to the nation the 7500th Janaushadhi Kendra at NEIGRIHMS, Shillong during the event.
- He will interact with beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana and also give awards to stakeholders by recognizing their excellent work. Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers will also be present on the occasion.
♦India – Sweden Virtual Summit
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of the King-dom of Sweden H.E. Stefan Löfven held a Virtual Summit where they discussed bilateral issues and other regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest.
- Prime Minister Modi expressed solidarity with the people of Sweden in the wake of the violent attack on 3rd March and prayed for early recov-ery of the injured.
Note: About Sweden
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish krona
♦New research building ‘Desikan Bhawan’ inaugurated at ICMR-NJIL & OMD, Agra
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the new research building ‘Desikan Bhawan’ equipped with new COVID-19 diagnostic facility at ICMR-NJIL & OMD (National JALMA Institute for Leprosy & Other Mycobacterial Diseases), Agra in the presence of Director General ICMR & Secretary, Department of Health Research, Prof. Balram Bhargava.
Banking & Financial
♦NPCI Partners SBI Payments to launch “RuPay SoftPoS” for Merchants
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and SBI Payments have partnered to launch “RuPay SoftPoS” for Indian merchants.
- The RuPay SoftPoS solution will provide a cost-effective acceptance infrastructure to retailers at a nominal cost. This innovative solution has the capability to transform NFC enabled smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals for the retailers.
Note: About NPCI
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe.
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Founded: 2008.
♦India’s forex reserves increase by $689 million to $584.55 billion
- India’s forex reserves increased by USD 689 million to USD 584.554 billion in the week ended February 26, 2021. Foreign currency assets rose by USD 509 million to USD 542.615 billion. The foreign currency assets include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen.
- Gold reserves increased by USD 172 million to USD 35.421 billion. The special drawing rights (SDRs) with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) rose by USD 9 million to USD 1.517 billion.
♦India FDI Apr-Sep 2020: Singapore with $8.30 Billion Tops the List, US 2nd Biggest Source
- The US has emerged as the second biggest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India, replacing Mauritius, during the first half of the current financial year, according to data of the commerce and industry ministry.
- During April-September 2020, India attracted FDI worth $7.12 billion from the US and $2 billion from Mauritius. Singapore with $8.30 billion foreign inflows continued to be the top source of FDI for India in April-September 2020-21.
♦Ligia Noronha appointed UN Assistant Secretary-General
- UN chief Antonio Guterres has appointed leading Indian economist Ligia Noronha as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Prior to joining the UNEP, Noronha worked at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in New Delhi as Executive Director (Research Coordination) and as Director of the Division on Resources, Regulation and Global Security.
Note: About United Nations Environment Programme
- Headquarters: Nairobi, Kenya.
- Head: Inger Andersen.
- Founder: Maurice Strong.
- Founded: 5 June 1972.
♦Bihari Puraskar 2020 to be awarded to Mohankrishna Bohara
- The 30th Bihari Puraskar for 2020 will be given to Mohankrishna Bohara for his Hindi book of Criticism, titled Taslima: Sangharsh Aur Sahitya. The K.K. Birla Foundation announced this in New Delhi.
- The award is one of the three literary awards instituted by the K.K. Birla Foundation in 1991.
♦PM Modi to receive CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award
- Prime Minister Modi will also deliver the keynote address at the Cambridge Energy Research Associates Week (CERAWeek) 2021 via video conferencing.
- Notably, CERAWeek was founded in 1983 by Dr Daniel Yergin. It has been organized in Houston in March every year since 1983 and is considered the world’s premier annual energy platform.
- Prime Minister Modi’s perspectives on the role of the world’s largest democracy and are pleased to honor him with the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award for his commitment to expanding India’s leadership in sustainable development to meet the country’s, and the world’s, future energy needs.
♦NASA’s Perseverance Mars rover travels 21 feet in first test drive
- NASA’s newest Mars rover hit the dusty red road, putting 21 feet on the odometer in its first test drive. The Perseverance rover ventured from its landing position on March 4, 2021, two weeks after landing on the red planet to seek signs of past life.
- The roundabout, back and forth drive lasted just 33 minutes. As soon as the system checks on Perseverance are complete, the rover will head for an ancient river delta to collect rocks for return to Earth a decade from now.
Note: About NASA
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Founded: 1 October 1958
♦Muthoot Finance chairman Mathai George Muthoot passes away
- Mathai George Muthoot, the chairman of Muthoot Finance which is the largest gold loan NBFC in the country, passed away on March 5, 2021 at the age of 71.
- His diversified group runs over 20 businesses from gold loans to securities, realty estate to infrastructure, hospitals to hospitality & education and is headquartered in Kochi.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|