Daily GK Update, 6 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Haryana CM launches ”Parivar Pehchan Patra”
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on 4th Agusut launched ”Parivar Pehchan Patras” to enable the citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes.
- At present, four schemes — Mukhya Mantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana (MMPSY), Old Age Samman Allowance Scheme, Divyang Jan Pension Scheme, and Widow and Destitute Women Pension scheme — have been integrated with ”Parivar Pehchan Patra” (PPP).
- The chief minister announced that various welfare schemes of all government departments in the state will be linked to these ”Pehchan Patras” within the next three months. Khattar distributed the ”Parivar Pehchan Patras” or family IDs to heads of 20 beneficiaries at an event in Panchkula.
Note: About Haryana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
♦Chhattisgarh Chief Minister launched a social security scheme
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on 5th August launched a social security scheme for tendu leaves collectors in the state, which will benefit over 12 lakh families, mostly tribals and forest dwellers engaged in its collection.
- The scheme, named after slain Congress leader Mahendra Karma, was inaugurated on the occasion of his birth anniversary. Karma, who was popularly known as Bastar tiger for his tough stand against Naxals, was among 29 people, including senior Congress leaders, who were killed in a Naxal attack in Jhiram valley of Bastar district on May 25, 2013.
- Benefit: Under the scheme, to be executed jointly by state”s forest department and Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Federation, financial aid of Rs 2 lakh will be provided to the nominee or the heir in case of normal death of the head of the family of the registered tendu leaves collectors (if the age of the head of the family is not beyond 50 years). In case of death due to accident, additional financial aid Rs 2 lakh will be provided, whereas in case of permanent disability caused due to the accident, assistance of Rs 2 lakh will be given and Rs 1 lakh in case of partial disability in the mishap.
Note: About Chhattisgarh
- Chief minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital: Raipur
International (Current Affairs)
♦FutureBrand Index 2020: Reliance Industries No. 2 after Apple
- The Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is next only to the iPhone maker Apple in the list of world’s top companies prepared for the future that enjoy the confidence of their employees as well as consumers and have responded well to the coronavirus pandemic.
- According to FutureBrand Index 2020, released on August 4, the oil-to-retail behemoth debuts at number 2 because it is “very well respected”, is associated with “growth” “innovative products” and “great customer service”.
|2||Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)|
|4||AI firm Nvidia|
|5||Kweichow Moutai, Nike,|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
♦India contributes over $15 mn to India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- India has contributed USD 15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund, underscoring the country’s commitment to supporting developing nations in its developmental priorities across all the Sustainable Development Goals.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T S Tirumurti handed over a cheque of USD 15.46 million to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek at a low-key ceremony held within social distancing guidelines at the Permanent Mission of India to the UN.
Banking and Financial
♦Bharti Airtel inks multi-year strategic pact with Amazon for AWS solutions
- Bharti Airtel on 5th August announced a multi-year strategic pact with Amazon Web Services (AWS) – the cloud services arm of the retail giant – to deliver Cloud solutions to large as well as small and medium enterprise (SME) customers in India.
- Puneet Chandok, president, commercial business, India and South Asia, Amazon Internet Services, said it is a 50:50 strategic partnership.
♦2nd RBI Monetary Policy 2020-21: Bank keeps repo rate unchanged
- The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) on August 6 kept the repo rate and reverse repo rate unchanged.
- The MPC maintained the policy stance at accommodative, RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said.
- Repo Rate-4.%
- Reverse Repo Rate -3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate-4.25%
- Bank Rate-4.25%
- Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)-3%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)-18%
♦Reliance General Insurance launches platform for making payments via Bharat Bill
- Reliance General Insurance has announced their association with National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), launching a platform for making insurance premium payments digitally through Bharat Bill Payment System.
- This facility allows a customer to renew their policies by paying insurance premium at a click through multiple channels such as internet banking, mobile banking/app, website, agent, business correspondents and branches using multiple modes such as cards, NEFT, net banking, UPI, account transfer and e-wallets etc
♦J&K Lt Governor Girish Chandra Murmu resigns and take charge as new CAG
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu resigned from his post on 5th August.
- Girish Chandra Murmu was to be given another post at the centre, as the next Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), taking over the reins from Rajiv Mehrishi, who is to retire this week.A former Home Secretary, Mehrishi took over as the CAG on 25 September 2017.
♦Manoj Sinha appointed as new lieutenant governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 6th August appointed former Union minister Manoj Sinha as the next Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir. He will replace Girish Chandra Murmu who resigned on 5th August.
- President Kovind accepted Murmu’s resignation on 5th August. There is buzz that he is going to be the next Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
Note: List of lieutenant
- Andaman & Nicobar (UT): Admiral (Retd) Devendra Kumar Joshi
- Chandigarh (UT): Shri V.P. Singh Badnore
- Daman and Diu (UT): Shri Vikram Dev Dutt, IAS
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli (UT):Shri Vikram Dev Dutt, IAS
♦Ajay Tyagi gets 18 Months extension as SEBI Chairman
- Ajay Tyagi was on 5th August given an 18-month extension, till February 2022, as the chairman of market regulator SEBI, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦6 August: Hiroshima Day 2020
- On 6 August 1945, a US bomber dropped the uranium bomb above the city, killing around 140,000 people.
- On August 6, 1945, a modified B-29 dropped a uranium gun-type bomb, named “Little Boy”, on Hiroshima, and three days later another B-29 dropped a plutonium implosion bomb, named “Fat Man”, on Nagasaki. Two weeks later Japan surrendered, ending World War Two.
♦”Father of modern Indian theatre” Ebrahim Alkazi dies at 94
- Theatre doyen, legendary drama teacher and connoisseur of the arts Ebrahim Alkazi died on 4th August after suffering a heart attack, He was 94.
- Alkazi, who was the longest serving director of the National School of Drama and mentored generations of actors, produced plays such as Girish Karnad”s “Tughlaq” and Dharamvir Bharati”s “Andha Yug”.
- Tributes poured in for the man, who was NSD director from 1962 to 1977, and was described variously as “father of modern Indian theatre” and “last of the Romans”.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|