Daily GK Update: 6 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Jharkhand govt launches three schemes to boost rural employment
- The Jharkhand government on 4th May launched three schemes under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in a bid to “revive the rural economy”, affected by the lockdown in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Birsa Harit Gram Yojana for rural plantations: Under the Birsa Harit Gram Yojana, over two lakh acres of land will be used for afforestation. Five lakh families would be given nearly 100 fruit-bearing plants, with initial plantation, maintenance, land work and afforestation to be taken up through MNREGA. Each family is estimated to receive an annual income of Rs 50,000 annually from the produce, the third year onwards.
- Jal Sammridhi Yojna: Under the Jal Sammridhi Yojna, water storage units will be constructed to store rainwater and runaway ground water. This scheme will primarily implemented in the Palamu division, which faces severe drought.
- Veer SahidPotoHoKhelVikas Scheme: Under the playground scheme, the government aims to develop 5,000 grounds, with at least one in one Panchayat. There are around 4,300 panchayats in the state.
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Capital: Ranchi
- Governor: Draupadi Murmu
♦Yogi Adityanath Launches App “Ayush Kavach” That Helps Boost Immunity Through Ayurveda
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on 5th May launched the “Ayush Kavach” app that will provide health-related tips and information about ayurvedic medicines amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- “Today the whole world is looking up to India with hopes in its fight against the global pandemic COVID-19. I firmly believe that the Ayush Kavach mobile app will help people access prescriptions to strengthen their resistance through ancient mode of Yoga and Ayurveda of India,” he said at the launch.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
- “Naadi” App: Puducherry
- “Rakhsa Serva App”: Chhattisgarh
- “Self Declaration” App: Nagaland
♦Himachal Pradesh Programme ‘Nigah’ to be launched for awareness
- In Himachal Pradesh, with the death of a COVID-19 patient at IGMC Shimla on 4th May, the death toll due to COVID 19 Pandemic has risen to two in the state. The deceased had recently returned from Delhi and was suffering from the kidney ailment. The total confirmed Coronavirus cases in the state is 42. State government has decided to launch a new programme ‘Nigah’, in order to sensitize and educate the family members of the people coming to the state from various parts of the country.
Note: About Himachal Pradesh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief minister: Jai Ram Thakur
♦Bamboo conclave via video conferencing
- Recently Bamboo Conclave was held through Video Conference which saw an active participation of Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh.
- AIM: The major aim of the Bamboo Conclave was to discuss the importance of Bamboo, which will provide an opportunity for India to emerge as an economic powerpost COVID-19.
♦West Bengal govt. launches exit app for stranded people of other states
- The government on 4th May launched an app for people from other states who are stranded in West Bengal due to the lockdown and want to return to their native place, state Home secretary Alapan Bandopadhyay said.
- He said that since a large number of people from other states are stuck in West Bengal due to the lockdown, they can access the app for online permission to leave the state.
- Purpose: “Persons willing to go back to their native states can apply online through this ”Exit app” and permission for the same will be practically automatic and extremely easy”.
Banking and Financial
♦DBS Bank slashes India’s FY21 GDP forecast to 1%
- Lockdown now in place for two months, Singapore-based DBS Bank has cut India’s FY21 GDP forecast to 1 per cent vis-a-vis 5 per cent projected on April 9.
- This forecast is based on its assumption of an end in the lockdown in the June quarter, reopening of all sectors by third quarter (October-December) and catch-up production, normal monsoon, fiscal support measures of at least 3 per cent of GDP and direct lending support by the authorities.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8
- IMF- 1.9%
♦Nicholas C. Coops, Joseph J. Landsberg and Richard H. Waring shares the Marcus Wallenberg Prize 2020
- Professors Nicholas C. Coops of the University of British Columbia(UBC), Vancouver, Canada, Richard H. Waring of Oregon State University, United States of America(USA) & Joseph J. Landsberg of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization(CSIRO) Australia shares the ‘Marcus Wallenberg Prize(MWP) 2020’ or ‘the Nobel Prize for forest sector’ for 3-PG (Physiological Principles Predicting Growth), a model to predict forest growth in a changing climate.
♦Russia awards commemorative World War II medal to Kim Jong-un for preserving memories of Soviet soldiers killed in North Korea
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has awarded Kim Jong-un a commemorative war medal marking the 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany, the Russian embassy in Pyongyang announced 5th
- The medal was awarded to the North Korean leader for his role in preserving the memory of Soviet soldiers who died on North Korean territory.
- Russia’s ambassador in North Korea, Alexander Matsegora, presented the award to the country’s Foreign Minister Ri Son-gwon on 5th Kim, who was rumored earlier this month to have fallen ill, didn’t attend the ceremony.
Note: About Russia and North Korea
- Russia Capital: Moscow.
- Russia Currency: Russian ruble.
- North Korean capital: Pyongyang.
- North Korea currency: North Korean won.
♦IIT Bombay professor wins Young Career Award by the government for his work in nano science
- Professor Saurabh Lodha from electrical engineering, IIT Bombay, has received the Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology for the year 2020 instituted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government. of India.
- “This award recognises his pioneering contributions in the development of logic transistor technologies beyond silicon and nanoelectronic devices based on two-dimensional Van der Waals materials,”.
♦MCA consitutes 7-member panel to enhance audit independence
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has constituted a seven-member committee to examine the comments received on the consultation paper floated by it for enhancing audit independence and accountability in the country.
- Purpose: The committee will examine the comments and make recommendations requiring any amendments in law, rules and standards to achieve the objective of enhancement of audit independence and accountability. The panel has been asked to submit its report by 30 June 2020.
♦Max Bupa appoints Krishnan Ramachandran as MD & CEO
- Max Bupa Health Insurance on 5th May announced the appointment of Krishnan Ramachandran as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Ramachandran last served as the CEO of Apollo Munich Health Insurance. Prior to Apollo Munich, he served in various capacities at Practice Head Healthcare and Experience Manager at Deloitte Consulting, across India and New York.
- As MD and CEO of Max Bupa, Ramachandran will be responsible for driving the company”s next phase of growth.
♦Centre nominates Economic Affairs Secretary as Director RBI Central Board
- The Centre has nominated Secretary of Economic Affairs Department Ministry of Finance Tarun Bajaj as a director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- “Central Government has nominated Tarun Bajaj, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance as a director on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India vice Atanu Chakraborty,” said Yogesh Dayal, Chief General Manager of RBI.
- The nomination of Bajaj is effective from May 5, 2020, and until further orders, he said.
- Bajaj, a 1988-batch Haryana cadre IAS officer, assumed charge as the Economic Affairs Secretary on May 1.
List of Secretary
- Cabinet Secretary- Rajeev Gauba
- Defence Secretary– Ajay Kumar
- Home secretary- Ajay Kumar Bhalla
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary– Ravi Mittal
- New foreign secretary– Harsh Vardhan Shringla
♦Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury reappointed as chairperson of Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee
- Congress leader in Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has been reappointed as chairperson of the Parliament’s public accounts committee (PAC), the Lok Sabha Secretariat said on 5th May.
- Members of the public accounts committee are elected every year. The 22-member panel includes 15 members from the Lok Sabha and seven from the Rajya Sabha.
- Works: The PAC examines accounts showing the appropriation of sums granted by Parliament for the expenditure of the Government of India, the annual financial accounts of the Government, and others.
♦Indian Navy launches ‘Operation Samudra Setu’ to repatriate Indians from overseas
- The Indian Navy on 5TH May launched Operation ‘Samudra Setu’ (meaning ‘Sea Bridge’), as a part of national effort to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas amid coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown. Indian Naval Ships Jalashwa and Magar are currently en route to the port of Male in the Maldives to commence evacuation operations from May 8 as part of Phase-1.
- The Centre has been closely monitoring the situation with respect to the effect of COVID-19 pandemic on Indian citizens abroad. The Indian Navy has been directed to make suitable preparations for their evacuation by sea.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here