Daily GK Update 6 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Famous Chilli of Sikkim “Dalle Khursani” Gets GI Tag
The red cherry pepper chilli of Sikkim which is locally known as the “Dalle Khursani” has earned the geographical indication (GI) tag from the Union department of Industry promotion and internal trade.
Notably it is considered as one of the hottest chilli in the world. Dalle Khursani has been included in the GI Registry of the Government of India on the basis of an application filed by the North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (Neramac) on behalf of Sikkim.
List of Some latest GI Tag
- Pathama Dai Mat-Tamil Nadu
- ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple-Tamil Nadu
- Marayoor Jaggerry -Kerala
- Tirur Supari-Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi)-Karnataka
- Green and White Tea-Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova”-Channai
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje-Goa
♦Puducherry airport becomes AAI’s first 100% solar-powered airport
- The Puducherry airport has become the first airport of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) which is entirely solar-powered.
- The 500KWp ground-mounted solar power plant was commissioned on 2nd October 2020. The approx cost of the plant is Rs 2.8 crore.
♦’Yudh Pradushan Ke Virudh’: Delhi government announces campaign against air pollution
- As the winter season is impending during which the national capital faces a huge menace in the form of air pollution, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government has launched a campaign against it. ‘Yudh Pradushan Ke Virudh’ was announced on 5th October by the CM. As a part of the campaign, technology developed by Pusa Agriculture Institute to curb stubble-burning, the CM said.
- According to the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), stubble burning contributed significantly to Delhi’s pollution last year with the share of farm fire smoke in particulate matter peaking to 44% in November.
♦India- Myanmar agreed to operationalize Sittwe Port
- Ministry of External Affairs have notified that India and Myanmar have agreed to operationalise the Sittwe port in the Rakhine state by first quarter of 2021. This decision was taken after a two day long visit of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General M M Naravane and Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla to Myanmar on October 4 to 5, 2020.
- Both sides agreed to strengthen their connectivity projects, capacity building, power and energy partnership. They agreed to deepen economic and trade ties.
♦GoI appointed three Monetary Policy Committee Members
- Government of India have appointed economists Jayant R Varma, Shashank Bhide and Ashima Goyal as the new members of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) which was set up in 2016. The appointments were made after the decision was cleared by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet chaired by PM Modi.
- The Monetary Policy Committee prepare the monetary policies for the country using the monetary policy tools that include bank rate, repo rate, reverse repo rate and cash reserve ratio.
Current Policy Rate
- Repo Rate-4.%
- Reverse Repo Rate –3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate-4.25%
- Bank Rate-4.25%
- Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)-3%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)-18%
♦Indo-American Chamber of Commerce presents lifetime achievement award to Ratan Tata
- The Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) has presented the lifetime achievement award to business icon Ratan Tata as part of its recent global leadership awards. The IACC leadership bestowed the IACC Lifetime and Global Excellence Awards to Tata on 3rd October.
- ‘The Tata Group’ to nearly USD 100 billion by 2011-12, remains an influential industrialist, philanthropist and humanitarian to the day, IACC said.
♦Nobel Prize in Physics awarded to Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez for black hole research
- The 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded jointly to Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Gheza. A panel at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm announced the recipients on 6th October.
- The award has, in the past, honoured discoveries about the tiniest of particles and the vast mysteries of outer space.
- While one half of the Nobel was awarded to Penrose for his discovery on black holes, the other half was jointly awarded to Genzel and Ghez ‘for the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of the galaxy’.
Note: Nobel Prize in medicine 2020 Winners
- Harvey J Alter
- Michael Houghton and
- Charles M. Rice
♦4 to 10 October: World Space Week
- World Space Week is the largest annual space event in the world. the weeks helps build up the workforce of tomorrow by inspiring students; demonstrates visible public support for the space programme; educates the public about space activities; and fosters international cooperation in space outreach and education.
- Theme 2020: “Satellites improve life.”
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account