Daily GK Update, 7 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Maharashtra govt and Google tie-up to deploy learning tools for schools
- The Maharashtra government on 6th August announced a partnership with Google that will enable 2.3 crore students and teachers to access the technology giant’s blended learning programmes that combine classroom approach with online learning.
- As part of the tie-up, which has come at a time when online classes have become a norm due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Google will deploy free tools like G Suite for Education, Google Classroom and Google Meet to facilitate remote learning.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- CM: Uddhav Thackeray
♦Odisha becomes first state to get ‘tsunami ready’ tag
- Odisha has become the first state in the Indian Ocean region to get two coastal villages ‘tsunami ready’, on 6th August. This also makes the country to become the first in the Indian Ocean region to achieve the honour.
- Venkatraipur (Boxipalli) village of Rangeilunda block under Ganjam district and Noliasahi village of Ersama block under Jagatsinghpur district have been acknowledged by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO for greater preparedness to face the tsunami disaster.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Google is set to turn India’s Independence Day musical with AI and people’s voices
- Google India has a special plan for Independence Day, and it has sought the participation of the people. The technology giant’s Indian arm announced that it was looking at Artificial Intelligence to make the Independence Day celebrations this year more unique.
- Google said that in this experiment, the company is combining two ingredients – one is the most cutting-edge AI work that the company has done with regard to music and the other is the voice of the participants. And with these ingredients, the company would use technology to produce the Indian National Anthem.
♦PM Modi to inaugurate submarine cable connectivity to Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate and dedicate to the Nation through video conferencing the submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) connecting Chennai and Port Blair on 10th August, 2020.
- The submarine cable will also connect Port Blair to Swaraj Dweep (Havelock), Little Andaman, Car Nicobar, Kamorta, Great Nicobar, Long Island, and Rangat.
- This connectivity will enable delivery of faster and more reliable mobile and landline telecom services to Andaman & Nicobar Islands, at par with other parts of India. The foundation stone for this project was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 30th December 2018 at Port Blair.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India extended US$18 mn Line of Credit to Maldives for expansion of fishing facilities
- India has extended the Line of Credit (LoC) worth US$18 million to the Government of Maldives for the expansion of fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO) based in Felivaru, Lhaviyani Atoll, through the development of fish collection and storage facilities, and the setting up of a tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant.
- The credit line agreement was signed by India’s Export-Import Bank (EXIM).
Note: About Maldives
- Capital– Male
- Currency– Maldivian rufiyaa
- President– Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦Exim Bank extends $250 million line of credit to Mozambique
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on 7th August said it has extended a USD 250-million (about Rs 1,870 crore) line of credit (LOC) to Mozambique for improving power supply quality in the country.
- With the signing of this LOC agreement, Exim Bank till date has extended 14 LOCs to Mozambique, taking their total value to USD 772.44 million.
- Exim Bank has now in place 264 LOCs, covering 62 countries across regions including Africa, Asia, and Latin America, with credit commitments of around USD 25.98 billion, available for financing exports from India.
Note: About Mozambique
- Capital: Maputo
- Currency: Mozambican metical
♦Donald Trump imposes US ban on WeChat, TikTok in 45 days
- US President Donald Trump announced on 6th August sweeping bans on US transactions with China’s ByteDance, owner of video-sharing app TikTok, and Tencent, operator of the WeChat app, starting in 45 days, in a major escalation of tensions with Beijing.
- The executive orders come as the Trump administration said this week it was stepping up efforts to purge “untrusted” Chinese apps from US digital networks and called the Chinese-owned short-video app TikTok and messenger app WeChat “significant threats.”
♦Google pulls 2,500 China-linked YouTube channels over disinformation
- Google says it has deleted more than 2,500 YouTube channels tied to China as part of its effort to weed out disinformation on the videosharing platform.
- The Alphabet-owned company said the channels were removed between April and June “as part of our ongoing investigation into coordinated influence operations linked to China.”
Banking and Financial
♦Airtel Payments Bank ties up with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer Shop Insurance
- Airtel Payments Bank announced that it will offer Shop Insurance exclusively for its Retailers and Merchants.
- Offered in partnership with Bharti AXA General Insurance, the Smart Plan Shop Package policy provides financial protection in case of damage to assets inside the shop due to fire and allied perils, burglary, etc. as covered in the product.
♦Home-grown social media app ShareChat to get $100 million funding from Microsoft
- Microsoft run enterprise is all set to invest about $100 million in the home-grown regional language social media app ShareChat. ShareChat which has a user base of over 140 million monthly active users in the country did not respond to an email query.
- The app is available in 15 languages, including Hindi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, Assamese, Haryanvi, Rajasthani, Bhojpuri and Urdu.
Note: About Microsoft
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Founded: 4 April 1975
- Headquarters: Washington, United States
- Founder: Bill Gates
♦KV Kamath To Head RBI Committee on Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to set up a committee under KV Kamath for looking into one-time restructuring of loans and financial parameters needed to be factored into resolution plans.
- RBI on the required financial parameters, along with the sector specific benchmark ranges for such parameters, to be factored into resolution plans. The expert committee will also undertake a process validation of resolution plans for borrowal accounts above a specified threshold.”
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
♦‘Moothon’, ‘Son Rise’ win awards at 20th New York Indian Film Festival
- National Award-winning documentary “Son Rise” and Geetu Mohandas-directed “Moothon” had been among the many movies that took residence the massive honours at the 20th New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF), which switched to a digital version this yr amid the continued COVID19 pandemic.
- The award ceremony for the pageant was held nearly 9th August, with the filmmakers, solid, award winners and pageant officers becoming a member of from throughout India and the US.
♦First Friday in August (7th August 2020): International Beer Day
- Beer is one of the oldest drinks the world has ever known. International Beer Day gives fans worldwide just one more excuse to have a round on the first Friday in August. Beer has a reputation as the drink of choice for the ordinary working man or woman.
- International Beer Day on the first Friday in August every year – August 7, 2020 –, when summer’s end begins to loom large.
♦7th August: 6th National Handloom Day
- on August 7, India is celebrating its 6th National Handloom Day in memory of the Swadeshi Movement which was launched on the same day in 1905. On this day, India’s handloom weavers, from Kanjivaram to Pashmina, are recognised for their contribution to India. The Swadeshi Movement was launched to protest against the partition of Bengal by the British Government.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for declaring 7th August every year as National Handloom Day for the first time in 2015
♦VIVO won’t be IPL title sponsors this year: BCCI
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India on 6th August confirmed they have suspended the IPL title sponsorship deal with Chinese mobile giant VIVO for this year’s Indian Premier League amid widespread anti-China sentiment in India.
- In 2017, VIVO had retained the IPL title sponsorship rights for five years from 2018 to 2022 with a whopping Rs 2,199 crore bid.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|